Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LE Bee For Sale - another one, For those desiring an LE Bee
tumamilhem
post Mar 25 2015, 07:13 AM
Post #1

LUFTBRIGADE

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

Not affiliated, just looking out and wanted to share as these come up pretty rarely and people are always looking for one.

Not completely OG; has non-original radio, no side stripes, engine metals painted (not factory), crack in dash, non-original speedo (silver dot), engine bay insulation looks painted, charcoal canister removed, missing black lug caps, a few other things that could be changed to be OG. Looks to be nice from the outside. I seem to remember seeing this for sale (same pictures) a couple years ago from the same dealer.

1974 LE Can Am 'Bumblebee' for sale
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Mar 25 2015, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Car has been for sale now for several years, what does that tell you?
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Mar 25 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #3

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629

This car was for sale by a different seller in Oregon back in Oct.
World listing:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=bumblebee
Ebay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-LE-197...=US_Cars_Trucks

Quite a drastic price increase from $16K in Oct to $29K in March. Also, it's a little uncool for this new seller to be using the previous seller's pics.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 25 2015, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

Just another flipper hard at work. Wonder what those guys will do when the bubble pops and they are caught with cars they paid way too much for?
+Quote Post
budk
post Mar 25 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #5

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 25 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Just another flipper hard at work. Wonder what those guys will do when the bubble pops and they are caught with cars they paid way too much for?

Prices will continue to rise or plateau at worst and since we don't know what he paid it really doesn't matter..... But, that is a premium price for a non number matching engined LE.

If you are going to go through the trouble of trying to get a a premium price, I wonder why he didnt add the Porsche stripe to the doors? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 25 2015, 05:11 PM
Post #6

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318

I don't think the front spoiler is OEM.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Apr 17 2015, 06:42 AM
Post #7

LUFTBRIGADE

Here's another one that just popped up. Nice unrestored example. Some non-factory changes that should be put back to OG being an LE. Needs some cosmetic work. Decals need to be re-applied to be correct (should wrap around inside the wheel wells. A couple people here have good reproduction decals). Aftermarket radio (may be able to find a period-correct 74 radio. I believe there were 4 options from just radio, cassette and 8 track. There's a brochure showing the exact models that were available). Speakers in the door panels (get new door panels). Paint seems decent, claims to be OG. Has A/C unit!

VIN: 4742914854 not certified (yet)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161674727448?force...8&viewitem=
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 17 2015, 06:56 AM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

Looks like the non numbers matching cars are still stuck in the $ teens.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Apr 17 2015, 10:00 AM
Post #9

LUFTBRIGADE

Buy it now price $25,500
+Quote Post
914inCA
post Apr 17 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #10

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 18,638
Region Association: None

"This is not a numbers matching engine but does have a replacement 914 2.0L engine in the vehicle."

OK, I see this has been mentioned before. Tried to delete this but don't see the option to do it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Apr 20 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #11

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looks like it sold.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Apr 20 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(budk @ Mar 25 2015, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 25 2015, 02:37 PM) *

If you are going to go through the trouble of trying to get a a premium price, I wonder why he didnt add the Porsche stripe to the doors? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

He doesn't know its missing!
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Apr 22 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #13

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

I'm considering a trade but this thread is making me think that LE's maybe aren't as valuable as I had originally thought...damn. This could be good or bad? Thoughts on it?
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Apr 22 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #14

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 21 2015, 11:37 PM) *

I'm considering a trade but this thread is making me think that LE's maybe aren't as valuable as I had originally thought...damn. This could be good or bad? Thoughts on it?

An LE only adds a few thousand to the price at most, unless it is a perfect survivor or complete restoration. Most of the ones that come up for sale are bad clean up jobs and hiding all sorts of problems. If you look at Originality and History of any 914, and price it based on that, an LE gets a little bump in price. A clean good survivor 73-74 2.0 is still worth more than a LE in poor condition.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 22 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #15

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I agree with that. If you are an LE person, you are an LE person and thus the inherent value.

If I were a flipper, looking to make a quick buck, not sure that would be my car of choice. I think 73-74 2.0 AG cars are the sweet spot. If I had another stall in my garage and the Six was done, the wife would not kill me..... well, let's just say I doubt I will have another 914. I was lucky to swing the Six I have and believe me, I am damn proud to have it. I can't wait to get it done and home. Hopefully by the end of the year.....
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 22 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #16

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 22 2015, 10:28 AM) *

An LE only adds a few thousand to the price at most, unless it is a perfect survivor or complete restoration. Most of the ones that come up for sale are bad clean up jobs and hiding all sorts of problems. If you look at Originality and History of any 914, and price it based on that, an LE gets a little bump in price. A clean good survivor 73-74 2.0 is still worth more than a LE in poor condition.

I agree with that...its always and only about condition. Its not likely that a 914LE will ever command the value of a comparable condition /6.

I can also say that there are very very few of either that are in top condition. So many have been flogged or modified, in the name of 'improvement'.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Apr 23 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #17

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 22 2015, 03:57 PM) *

I agree with that. If you are an LE person, you are an LE person and thus the inherent value.

If I were a flipper, looking to make a quick buck, not sure that would be my car of choice. I think 73-74 2.0 AG cars are the sweet spot. If I had another stall in my garage and the Six was done, the wife would not kill me..... well, let's just say I doubt I will have another 914. I was lucky to swing the Six I have and believe me, I am damn proud to have it. I can't wait to get it done and home. Hopefully by the end of the year.....

An LE is a 74 2.0 + (aka sweet spot). Fully loaded over a 73 and then some. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Apr 23 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #18

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Apr 23 2015, 12:36 PM) *

An LE is a 74 2.0 + (aka sweet spot). Fully loaded over a 73 and then some. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I don't know what that means....

My '73 2.0 has every option available. LE's had no 'extra' options on them aside from cosmetics. The full AG options didn't change at all from 73-74 as far as I can recall.... A 1974 LE has nothing that my 73 has as far as factory option.

Mine does, however, have the advantage of appealing to a much broader audience. As the 'LE' name suggests, there has always been a 'limited' interest group in these. That was true when they were new. It's true now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 23 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #19

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

It just means that a 914 LE is not a fully loaded 1973-74 2.0, its different. It has some things the 73-74 does not have:

Optional equipment M-778.
Optional paint code.

And there are only ~240 surviving examples - how many loaded 2.0L are there? Thousands. If its a 914 its one of the greatest cars of all time in my book, regardless of its details. Its no big deal really, this is not a 'my big brothers better than your big brother' thing. They are just different, cool and respectable in their own way. To each his own. Peace.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Apr 23 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #20

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 23 2015, 05:04 PM) *

It just means that a 914 LE is not a fully loaded 1973-74 2.0, its different. It has some things the 73-74 does not have:

Optional equipment M-778.
Optional paint code.

And there are only ~240 surviving examples - how many loaded 2.0L are there? Thousands. If its a 914 its one of the greatest cars of all time in my book, regardless of its details. Its no big deal really, this is not a 'my big brothers better than your big brother' thing. They are just different, and all are cool. To each his own. Peace.

I agree completely Jeff. And I have made similar comments to yours above in other posts. They are great cars. The non 2.0 cars as well. There is no doubt given the small number of authentic LE's produced... and the dwindled number circa 2015... they are rare birds.

But because they are no different than any other equally equipped 73-74 2.0 all I am saying is you've gotta really dig those colour schemes to want one. My opinion as stated in my post is I'd bet there is a much wider market for the standard paint codes (sans stripes) than there are for the LE's.

I think the majority of the members on this site never really gave them much thought beyond their unique spot in the roster. Until recently......
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:06 PM