Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP: Can We Rally Around and Help Michele?, 914 Stolen and Recovered
Dave_Darling
post May 28 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #61

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

It might be best to stay out of the Sandbox unless you are very tolerant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It doesn't look like you need anything I have in my stash. Good luck, though! It was nice to meet you at the swap meet, and I was glad to see you talking with Rich.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 10:51 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 18,742

QUOTE(toon1 @ May 19 2015, 11:37 AM) *

what parts does she need?

looks like it needs more physical help than parts. Probably a good BBQ restoration party is needed

Love this idea! Thank you for the suggestion. As the dust settles a bit more and I gather the necessary parts I hope it's okay to contact you and revisit this idea. Thank you for your creative thinking. In gratitude Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #63

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 28 2015, 10:52 PM) *

It might be best to stay out of the Sandbox unless you are very tolerant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It doesn't look like you need anything I have in my stash. Good luck, though! It was nice to meet you at the swap meet, and I was glad to see you talking with Rich.

--DD

It was very nice meeting you as well Dave. It was a fabulous bunch of folks at the swap meet. Great attitudes and tremendously helpful to see completed 914's happy and on the road. So inspiring. Look forward to the day when I am sharing the road with you all again. Cheers!
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #64

QUOTE(McMark @ May 19 2015, 11:38 AM) *

I have good used parts I'm throwing in a box:

Visor clips left right and center.
Targa Top Release handle - Roof Latch Passenger side upper right front

OMG! these are items I have been struggling to find especially the roof latch. Thank you so much. I posted a mailing address but not sure who can see what as of yet. So my address again is:1010 - 17th Avenue Suite A Santa Cruz CA 95062
I am very grateful to you for your kindness. All the best to you Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:03 AM
Post #65

QUOTE(72wrxporsche914 @ May 19 2015, 01:47 PM) *

Where can I send this for her,

Thank you for you kindness. 1010-17thAvenue Suite A Santa Cruz CA 95062. In gratitude Michèle
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 3 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #66

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

AuCiel,

Welcome to the madness!

+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 19 2015, 04:05 PM) *

I can contribute beer and guitar/singing entertainment…..?

Thank you Lawrence!! Great and a huge contribution. I'll be in touch as the time draws closer to rallying. Be well until then. Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #68

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 19 2015, 05:20 PM) *

I don't have any of these parts but I did tell her I would help out at a build party.

She is a very nice lady and definitely an enthusiast.

Thank you Mike! I'll keep you in the loop when the time gets closer. Very grateful for your support! Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #69

QUOTE(JRust @ May 21 2015, 06:35 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 21 2015, 05:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ May 19 2015, 04:57 PM) *

Are you sure the car wasn't abandoned in her driveway when she moved. Any pictures of the car showing condition prior to it being stolen?

I know im cynical and a jerk but I just wonder why 2 seemingly well off people, one who owns an auto repair shop, are soliciting donations for parts to repair a car that their insurance probably paid for years ago.

I don't think it is her soliciting donations. Seems like guys here just want to help them get it back on the road. It's a nice story & sounds like she is a nice lady. If you don't have one of the parts to contribute no biggie. They will be putting plenty of money into bringing it back to life. This is just another time when our community is trying to help someone. It's not about the parts or the money (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thank you again Mike for your friendship.
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:10 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 21 2015, 08:33 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

question .. does she know the fenders are welded on ??

I do now. Ugh! But hopefully there's. Cure.
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #71

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 25 2015, 08:55 PM) *

All I got is one question. Would Howard, Al, Lapuwali, and all those who left us too soon want us to help these people?

I would have most likely lost interest in my car and kept my 911 had it not been for this place and the people that make it. Instead, I sold the 911 and spend more time here than anywhere else. It isn't because we are cool, because we aren't. It is because the vast majority of the frequent contributors here are honest to goodness great people who happen to like a particular quirky little car, but above all else are exceptionally welcoming and compassionate. With the exception of my family, of all the communities of which I am a member, be it my neighborhood, my church, my office, etc., there is not one that compares to 914world in its acceptance of new members, its compassion for others, and its reverence for civic duty.

My wife never understood why I spent so much time here until I showed her the responses to a post I made when we had to have our dog put down. The thread ended up being 3 or 4 pages. She started crying as she realized just how great this group of people is. Nobody asked how much we made or if we needed help buying a new dog - they were just there for us.

So, yes, I will help however I can.

Thank you. Very grateful for your support. Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:12 AM
Post #72

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 3 2015, 10:05 AM) *

AuCiel,

Welcome to the madness!

Thank you for the welcome. Glad to have arrived. Michèle
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 3 2015, 11:15 AM
Post #73

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Michelle,
You've already been in contact with one of the best Porsche restoration shops I regard to rust abatement. McMark can handle that, and perhaps it should be done first? He can't do it for free but his work is first rate. I highly recommend!
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 28 2015, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(AuCiel @ May 28 2015, 04:22 PM) *

Hi this is Michele. I am trying to engage this site this is my first attempt. I am most grateful to all of you who have been saying you are willing to rallying on my behalf and my car offering help and parts. The car at this point is being checked through by the mechanic that set her up for me in the 1980's. I should know more about her health next week sometime. In the meantime any body parts that you are willing send my way that Mark listed can be sent to:1010 -17th Avenue Suite A Santa Cruz CA 95062 with the title AuCiel on them. My number is 831.419.9997 I would be more than happy to speak with any of you directly should you have suggestions or questions. Again my heart is filled with gratitude as a result of your kindness.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
Hi Michelle! I spoke to you at the swap meet. I had the crazy Audi powered 914. Welcome to our motley crew. I hope you have thick skin for all the trash talking around here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Hi Mike! Yes it's all good. But appreciate your sticking by me. Love your 914 very impressive. Working through my process with the car. Got good news today the engine seems sound. Woohoo. Brakes are in need so that's next then tires then drive her a little to see how things hold up. The rust is a big deal probably the worst of it. Especially around the battery side. The cowel and front fenders are pretty sad as well. So trying to organize the next step to finding and fixing those. Best I guess to get her to Mark in Sonoma right? But driving that far is probably not realistic. So much to do. But I am motivated. Especially with all the support of 914 world folks. Grateful!!! Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #75

QUOTE(McMark @ May 19 2015, 11:35 AM) *

Michele contacted me yesterday about this car. Here's the list of parts she's looking for. Let's send some stuff her way. Until we can coordinate with her, parts can be sent to me and i'll get them to her.

Passenger side turn signal amber lens (round) 914rubber.com set of (2) $44.00 - Shadowfax
Engine Deck lid seal 914Rubber.com glass to engine rattle $22.00 - Note: glass to engine rattle is because the rear window is loose. Check Eric Shea's rear window how-to.
Targa Top Release handle - Roof Latch Passenger side upper right front - McMark
Door Complete Rubber set for entire car
Passenger side headlight side gear to motor assembly or the entire assembly (+Relay)
Brake cover rubber pad DONE
Rugs in front and rear trunk
Rear trunk pan
Front trunk pan
Toggle Bolt for spare tire tie down - 72wrxporsche914
Front trunk lid (white)
Back trunk Lid (white)
Both front ¼ panels left and right (white)
2 front visors with mirrors left and right NEED LEFT DRIVERS SIDE 914
Visor clips left right and center. $98.00 914Rubber.com - McMark
Seats both left and right (Camel color 1976)
Back pad with light (Camel color)
Center seat cushion (camel color)
Mag Caps all four black Porsche emblem
Tool Kit and jack for trunk
Emergency original hand brake 1976
Rear sway bar links Porsche DONE
Parking Brake Hand original
914 windshield 1976

THANK YOU MARK!! You rock my world. Your outreach and networking has created magickal things on my path to restore my car. The engine is getting a high five from my mechanic, she's registered and tagged again now working on the brakes and tires. If you were serious about the calipers that my next step. My address is: 1010 -17th Avenue suite A Santa Cruz, CA 95062. After I get these important aspects completed I think the next concept would be the rust and swapping lids, etc. so you will be on my radar at that point. My # is 831.419.9997 as we need to talk about parts or costs. I am alittle frightened of this piece of the puzzle. But staying positive. Again thank you!! Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:32 AM
Post #76

QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 20 2015, 09:55 PM) *

I took an e-brake handle and a door handle sleeve(?) over to the shop today and checked out the car. Probably the most serious issues is how badly bitten it is by rust. Rear trunk lid is probably history as well as the front lid. The cowl at the windshield is also swiss cheese. The husband said rust at the hell hole goes all the way through. They could really use sheet metal repair parts and the expertise to cut and weld. The drivers seat has been shredded. I didn't even realize there was a wire structure in the headrest on these cars. I live a few blocks away from his shop and offered any help I can give.
This will definitely be a labor of love.

Thank you for your support and parts. You made our day! You are right on on the body assessment it's a little frightening to me. But I am determined to do this for my little girl. It's not her fault that she was mistreated. Just glad she's home to help put it right. Best to you. Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #77

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2015, 11:51 AM) *

She needs parts because she is not experienced at sourcing them and it is a very old car.

Her getting her car back is a feel good story all its own. Our helping her get it back to its former glory is a testament to what this community is made of.

I wonder if, when you're driving down the road you wouldn't pull over and help someone in a 2015 Jaguar but you would pull over for someone in a 74 Pinto? Why does one person deserve human kindness while another should fend for themselves?

Be more human... If not, just be less opinionated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Thank you for your perspective. Best to you. Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #78

QUOTE(RobW @ May 21 2015, 08:48 AM) *

I'm willing to help. Everybody needs help once in awhile.

Thank you for your kindness and support. Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:36 AM
Post #79

QUOTE(AvalonFal @ May 23 2015, 09:39 AM) *

ALL 914 lives matter...rich or poor & in between.

Love this!! Michèle
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post Jun 3 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #80

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 3 2015, 10:05 AM) *

AuCiel,

Welcome to the madness!

Thank you. Glad to be here. Michèle
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:00 PM