Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need fuse/ relay board wiring diagram for 76 914
LCOX
post Sep 19 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,148
Region Association: None

Anyone know where I can find a fuse/relay board diagram for a 76 914. Need the relay board diagram for the one in the interior not the one in the engine compartment.
-More specifically I'm having problems with the power relay socket that sends power to the horn, fresh air fan and wipers none of which works. Need to know where the 4 wires from this relay socket go.
-the 4 wires coming from this relay socket are red/black stripe, red/white stripe, red and tan are the colors of the wires that I need more routing info on.
-Any help appreciated. Thanks L

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 20 2015, 09:29 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(LCOX @ Sep 19 2015, 06:54 PM) *

Anyone know where I can find a fuse/relay board diagram for a 76 914. Need the relay board diagram for the one in the interior not the one in the engine compartment.
-More specifically I'm having problems with the power relay socket that sends power to the horn, fresh air fan and wipers none of which works. Need to know where the 4 wires from this relay socket go.
-the 4 wires coming from this relay socket are red/black stripe, red/white stripe, red and tan are the colors of the wires that I need more routing info on.
-Any help appreciated. Thanks L

Use the factory wiring schematic.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 20 2015, 10:06 AM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

http://www.amazon.com/1974-1976-Porsche-D-...14+wire+diagram

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom
post Sep 20 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626

LCOX,
Had the same issue on my 76 some years ago. Wires were OK. Issue was relay prongs contacting the socket were not good. Fix was to wire brush/lightly sand, then wash with isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner and dry the contacts as best as you can. A 22 cal. bore brush works on the socket OK. Before inserting the relay, turn it upside down and spread the male prongs slightly. It allows a tighter fit in the socket. I knew I had an issue because my radio was powered off of that circuit and when I would hit a small bump, the radio would go off, that is until the next bump, when it would suddenly come back on.
Tom
+Quote Post
cary
post Mar 22 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 20 2015, 08:29 AM) *

Use the factory wiring schematic.

Did just that. Confirmed that the incoming wires to the 75 relay board are the same as the 73. There are no call outs for the L Jet chassis harnesses being different than the D Jet. Relay boards are the same for all years, all inductions.

Beings that @dennisphelan had already had a smoke event. No need to make any assumptions. Due Diligence. I hate shop fires .............

Will confirm no damage to T-12, 7 & 9.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=335555&hl=

Won't be long before the engine will be going back in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 12:34 AM