Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We need a 914 R Gruppe
somd914
post Feb 6 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 6 2016, 01:05 PM) *

Our Socal get together rock ...great mix of people + cars. Mid engined, Rear engined, occasional muscle cars.
The only secret handshake might be the Larry, Moe and Curly greeting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Awesome, can't say I've seen that many 914's in one place outside of Hershey, and Amelia Island last year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Feb 6 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

Many of us local 914 enthusiasts attended the Orange County Region's Saturday morning meet today. The 914, 944, 924, and 928 cars were featured.

I have to say that there was a really warm and interested (in our 914s) crowd there. They made us feel right at home. I counted 12 914s being in attendance.Attached Image

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 6 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #63

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Great seeing Pete Stout at the RGruppe event today in Emeryville. Too bad they asked him to leave because he was driving a 914... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Just kidding. Again, the most welcoming and interested crowd I've experienced. There was a 55 Chevy drag race car there with a crowd around it when I drove by 30 minutes ago.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Feb 6 2016, 03:36 PM
Post #64

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Feb 5 2016, 04:36 PM) *

We just need organization.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
jmill
post Feb 6 2016, 04:21 PM
Post #65

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm all in on F Truppe. We can be exclusively inexclusive.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 6 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 6 2016, 05:21 PM) *

Reminds me of college when we stood up Sigma Omega Beta (SOB) the anti-frat. Great sweatshirts, great parties (at least that's what we were told...)
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Feb 6 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #67

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 6 2016, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 6 2016, 05:21 PM) *

Reminds me of college when we stood up Sigma Omega Beta (SOB) the anti-frat. Great sweatshirts, great parties (at least that's what we were told...)

Funny! We were Beta Alpha Gamma, and we called the girls we hung out with BAG Ladies. We had sweatshirts made too.

I will never forget when I was a freshman, I got a call from some real frat guy asking me to pledge. I told him that I was already in a fraternity. He asked which one, and I told him Beta Alpha Gamma. There was a moment of silence, and then he asked "BAG"? I said "yeah". He said that he had never heard of it, and I told him that was because my buddies and I had made it up. He got pissed off and told me that we couldn't just make up a fraternity, and I told him "sure we can, and it doesn't cost anything either". That really pissed him off. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
RickS
post Feb 6 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

Spoiler alert, there are many R Gruppe members amongst us, and I am one of them.

I personally know five other R Gruppe teener owners who enjoy their teeners and enjoy contributing and learning from World. There are probably far more since 914s make such excellent platforms to hotrod, as if I am telling you sometihing you don't already know.

What I can say about the car club is that they are pretty much like any other car club. A bunch of enthusiasts who are regular guys who enjoy getting together to talk cars as well as drive. A major attraction is their No egos policy. No primadonas, no 'my dick is bigger than yours' kind of BS.

The reason for the limit of 300 is not to be exclusive or snobby but to keep the club manageable. When there are dues, national get togethers, swag, regional groups and track sessions, you can only herd so many cats. And 300 seems to work.

An exclusive group dedicated to teeners is a great idea but you will need more than stickers. it will require a ton of work, dedicated volunteers, a dues collection mechanism and a lot of organization. People will have to step up and commit their time.

If the real purpose is to stick it to the R Gruppe, then get in line. Unfortunately the line is base on lack of a real understanding that they are just like you, car guys who work hard to make the club something worthwhile. But as the old true-ism goes, anything worthwhile takes effort.

Party on.

+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 6 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #69

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 6 2016, 01:05 PM) *

Our Socal get togethers rock ...great mix of people + cars. Mid engined, Rear engined, occasional muscle cars.
The only secret handshake might be the Larry, Moe and Curly greeting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Some day soon I need to fly out there for a long weekend and hang out with you....

Rich
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 7 2016, 06:38 AM
Post #70

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(porschetub @ Feb 5 2016, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2016, 02:41 PM) *

How about this? Honorary member of the SoCal 911 R Gruppe

Hows that car going ?,enjoy seeing this one come back from the dead (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have some rough pulls made but I am trying to clear my plate. Spring is coming.

Seriously, I have heard the 911 R guys look for easy going good natured generous people that will project a positive image. My kind of people. Sounds like 914'ers to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) But hey, I still think there are some cars on this site that can show them their tail lights.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jmill
post Feb 7 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #71

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 6 2016, 11:06 PM) *

If the real purpose is to stick it to the R Gruppe, then get in line.

I know of this fantastic place called "914world" where the members welcome and help everyone.

We were once alienated by the 911 crowd and told the 914 isn't a real Porsche. Now you want to form an exclusive group within this community to further alienate us? I say f&@k that.

F Truppe FTW.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 7 2016, 08:00 AM
Post #72

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 6 2016, 02:32 PM) *

Many of us local 914 enthusiasts attended the Orange County Region's Saturday morning meet today. The 914, 944, 924, and 928 cars were featured.

I have to say that there was a really warm and interested (in our 914s) crowd there. They made us feel right at home. I counted 12 914s being in attendance.Attached Image

If only it didn't cost and arm and leg and then some to live out there...

Even in the DC area with places like Katie's Cars and Coffee which can easily pull in well over 200 cars on a Saturday morning, you can find countless 911s and numerous 356s, but 914s, 924s, 944s, and 928s are a rarity. However my 914 generally gets a good bit of interest.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 7 2016, 08:03 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Feb 6 2016, 03:16 AM) *

QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 6 2016, 12:35 AM) *

I'm sure you can see how important it is to spread the message! Even when you're on hostile grounds...
An extremely hot afternoon in Maranello, last July.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i211.photobucket.com-18384-1454744154.1.jpg)

A shirt with the three dash gauges (especially with the tilted rev counter!) would be great as well! The position of the needles is very important, off course...

Menno

Uh... I think your shirt is on backwards... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
But I LOVE the idea of a shirt with the gauges on it! Maybe the gauges on front and Save the 914 on the back?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
And being there were fewer 914s ever made than 911s, we're already pretty exclusive even if others don't think we size up. I'd rather drive something you don't see every day rather than feeling like I have to show everyone else the size of my bank account.

Nice. There were a few shirts printed on the back early on. Kinda like sixes - a small %. The gauge idea is cool. I'll see what I can work up.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 7 2016, 08:34 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 09:03 AM) *

I'm sure you can see how important it is to spread the message! Even when you're on hostile grounds...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i211.photobucket.com-18384-1454744154.1.jpg)

A shirt with the three dash gauges (especially with the tilted rev counter!) would be great as well! The position of the needles is very important, off course...

Menno

Uh... I think your shirt is on backwards... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
But I LOVE the idea of a shirt with the gauges on it! Maybe the gauges on front and Save the 914 on the back?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
And being there were fewer 914s ever made than 911s, we're already pretty exclusive even if others don't think we size up. I'd rather drive something you don't see every day rather than feeling like I have to show everyone else the size of my bank account.

Nice. There were a few shirts printed on the back early on. Kinda like sixes - a small %. The gauge idea is cool. I'll see what I can work up.

Steve,

Interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

How many of each color did you print on the back? Just trying to gauge how rare my red shirt with back side logo is? You know, trying to establish a value, might be time to post it in the classifieds, plus I wore it on the Hershey drive last year with pics to prove it, so that has to add to the value... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

- Scott

+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 7 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 09:03 AM) *

Menno

Steve,

How many of each color did you print on the back? Just trying to gauge how rare my red shirt with back side logo is? You know, trying to establish a value, might be time to post it in the classifieds, plus I wore it on the Hershey drive last year with pics to prove it, so that has to add to the value... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

- Scott

Red too? Very rare, indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We did one batch of red. But, three or four batches of black. About 90% - 95% of them were on the front. Maybe we will run some more. Wouldn't it be great if the factory just ran some more 914s through the assembly line? If only it were that easy.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 7 2016, 08:42 AM
Post #76

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 09:38 AM) *

Steve,

- Scott

Red too? Very rare, indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We did one batch of red. But, three or four batches of black. About 90% - 95% of them were on the front. Maybe we will run some more. Wouldn't it be great if the factory just ran some more 914s through the assembly line? If only it were that easy.

Steve

Seriously, you did a great job on these shirts. Perhaps appease the crowds and print F Gruppe shirts, or R Gruppe, or No Gruppe shirts...
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 7 2016, 08:48 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 09:42 AM) *

Steve,

- Scott

Steve

Seriously, you did a great job on these shirts. Perhaps appease the crowds and print F Gruppe shirts, or R Gruppe, or No Gruppe shirts...

I tend to think that we are all in our own 914World "R Gruppe." But if we get a consensus on a subname like that, I'll design some up. In the mean time, I like - No Gruppe. Or 914S Gruppe. Only because there is so much old debate over the 914S. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Feb 7 2016, 09:07 AM
Post #78

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

I'm with the folks who have experienced the R Gruppe as "regular" folk. As with many stereotypes, they kinda fall apart once you have direct experience.
And FWIW, a good buddy of mine is an R Gruppe member. He has an RS tribute car but, wait for it...
...was invited to become a member when he owned a 914 v8 with Fachs and a SBC.

Really just a bunch of regular guys.

All that said, my vote goes to F Gruppe.

or maybe Get A Gruppe
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Feb 7 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

Some day I'd like to see another 914 in traffic.....I've never ever seen one....yeah...they're not common around here... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 7 2016, 09:48 AM
Post #80

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 06:48 AM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 09:42 AM) *

Steve,

- Scott

Steve

I tend to think that we are all in our own 914World "R Gruppe." But if we get a consensus on a subname like that, I'll design some up. In the mean time, I like - No Gruppe. Or 914S Gruppe. Only because there is so much old debate over the 914S. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I know they say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but to me it would be an outright attempt to copy something already well done and a little embarrassing since there are 914's in the 911 R Gruppe already.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:45 AM