Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We need a 914 R Gruppe
RickS
post Feb 7 2016, 09:51 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

Steve, if you do another run, I'm in for one.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 7 2016, 10:01 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 7 2016, 10:48 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 06:48 AM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 7 2016, 09:34 AM) *

Steve,

Interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

How many of each color did you print on the back? Just trying to gauge how rare my red shirt with back side logo is? You know, trying to establish a value, might be time to post it in the classifieds, plus I wore it on the Hershey drive last year with pics to prove it, so that has to add to the value... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

- Scott

Red too? Very rare, indeed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We did one batch of red. But, three or four batches of black. About 90% - 95% of them were on the front. Maybe we will run some more. Wouldn't it be great if the factory just ran some more 914s through the assembly line? If only it were that easy.

Steve

Seriously, you did a great job on these shirts. Perhaps appease the crowds and print F Gruppe shirts, or R Gruppe, or No Gruppe shirts...

I tend to think that we are all in our own 914World "R Gruppe." But if we get a consensus on a subname like that, I'll design some up. In the mean time, I like - No Gruppe. Or 914S Gruppe. Only because there is so much old debate over the 914S. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I know they say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but to me it would be an outright attempt to copy something already well done and a little embarrassing since there are 914's in the 911 R Gruppe already.

I tend to agree with you. And I see all 914 owners as sorta the rebels, if you will. Unless, that is, the R Gruppe concept has extended beyond that initial group and has become somewhat universally used to describe a certain type of car, etc. Sorta like "outlaw." But we already have an outlaw group, I think.
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Feb 7 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #83

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

Wow, a lot of responses on this one, I gotta agree with Steve, Curt, Rich and other's position that if you own and drive a teener, you're already part of a "special" group. 'Nuff said.

I had a 911, it was a lovely car. But it didn't make me smile like the 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Feb 7 2016, 10:33 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 7 2016, 10:51 AM) *

I have some in inventory. Save the 914 and Save the 914-6. You can order here - savethe914.com

I think they are all black on the website. We can print red and blue ones too. We are getting ready to print a bunch of shirts this month.
+Quote Post
RickS
post Feb 7 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #85

Member No.: 5,880

QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 7 2016, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 7 2016, 10:51 AM) *

I have some in inventory. Save the 914 and Save the 914-6. You can order here - savethe914.com

I think they are all black on the website. We can print red and blue ones too. We are getting ready to print a bunch of shirts this month.

Ordered. Thanks
+Quote Post
Bobby Smith
post Feb 9 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 7,926

[/quote]

Ordered. Thanks
[/quote]

I ordered mine.
Anyone here in VA Beach active on 914 World?
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Feb 9 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #87

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 7 2016, 08:07 AM) *

I'm with the folks who have experienced the R Gruppe as "regular" folk. As with many stereotypes, they kinda fall apart once you have direct experience.
And FWIW, a good buddy of mine is an R Gruppe member. He has an RS tribute car but, wait for it...
...was invited to become a member when he owned a 914 v8 with Fachs and a SBC.

Really just a bunch of regular guys.

All that said, my vote goes to F Gruppe.

or maybe Get A Gruppe

If there was a bunch of us could we get a Gruppe On...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
dale73914
post Feb 12 2016, 04:21 AM
Post #88

Member No.: 13,562
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Feb 8 2016, 02:22 AM) *

Some day I'd like to see another 914 in traffic.....I've never ever seen one....yeah...they're not common around here... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

not many in Australia either !!!
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Feb 12 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #89

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

Can't say that I have ever met an RGruppe member personally but their cars.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
Each one is better than the next.

IMHO, there isn't even an average car in the group, they are all amazing in their own way. There was a time when there weren't enough top shelf 914's to even worry about getting them all in one place. Not the case today! Every 914 event I see a couple of new cars that are worthy of a full feature article in a magazine. And now....its not just a pretty paint job, they have the performance to match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 12 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #90

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 12 2016, 01:15 PM) *

Can't say that I have ever met an RGruppe member personally but their cars.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
Each one is better than the next.

IMHO, there isn't even an average car in the group, they are all amazing in their own way. There was a time when there weren't enough top shelf 914's to even worry about getting them all in one place. Not the case today! Every 914 event I see a couple of new cars that are worthy of a full feature article in a magazine. And now....its not just a pretty paint job, they have the performance to match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) and the best part is were not afraid to drive the H. E. double toothpicks out of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Feb 15 2016, 10:45 AM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Feb 7 2016, 07:22 AM) *

Some day I'd like to see another 914 in traffic.....I've never ever seen one....yeah...they're not common around here... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

They're getting "rare" here, too. Or at least rarely seen. Used to be that you'd see 914s out in the real world all the time in the Bay Area. If not daily, then certainly weekly. Now I am lucky to see one out in the wild once every couple of months, if that. Stops me in my tracks when I do.

The nice ones sit a lot more, and the not so nice ones are just disappearing...even here in California. Or is it just me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
piscean914
post Sep 26 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 1,637

hey guys - not sure how i found this thread - i'm an r gruppe member - fyi: r gruppe has its basis in the porsche sports purpose manual which had factory parts for racing, rallying etc, 67-73 911's and 914-6's - there are a number of 914-6's in r gruppe and a few 4 bangers too - a few stock 914-6's, but the other 914 are modified - i have run my '76 914-4 with the club many times - r gruppe is to the pca what 356 outlaws are to the 356 registry (i have a '62 356 outlaw) - i get the criticisms, no problem - hey, i've been part of this 914 club since the inaugural west coast classic, so i also get the criticisms other porsche folks may have about 914 guys too!!! keep them stock, modify them, show them, drive them - just keep a sense of humor and just have fun!

vid attached - a few 914's in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ArADcbFd8

local seattle r gruppe 914 (now sold) - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-1st-914-a.html
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 27 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #93

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Pretty sure the green car was built by Jerry Mahoney.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Sep 27 2016, 08:10 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(R8CERX @ Feb 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *

...where do you have your nails done?

PRICELESS!

I need to get mine done.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rav914
post Sep 27 2016, 09:34 AM
Post #95

All-weather fan

Member No.: 7,669

QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 7 2016, 09:19 AM) *

Wow, a lot of responses on this one, I gotta agree with Steve, Curt, Rich and other's position that if you own and drive a teener, you're already part of a "special" group. 'Nuff said.

I had a 911, it was a lovely car. But it didn't make me smile like the 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Agreed +1. Just leave it alone.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 27 2016, 10:31 AM
Post #96

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 27 2016, 06:55 AM) *

Pretty sure the green car was built by Jerry Mahoney.

Yeah, I remember him driving it. It was his '2nd' 914, along with the LS car. I recall a thread when it was sold and driven to San Diego.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:30 PM