Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USA vs Euro Tail Light Lenses Giveaway
Optimusglen
post May 6 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,709
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(toolguy @ May 6 2016, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 09:36 AM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

I would like to see you post an honest unbiased review when you check fit and finish. .
Yep. unbiased, give them the benefit of the doubt.
With pictures please.

That I can do, nobody buys my opinion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post May 6 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #182

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Unlike
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post May 6 2016, 06:11 PM
Post #183

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Did I do this wrong again
+Quote Post
somd914
post May 6 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #184

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ May 6 2016, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 09:36 AM) *

Holy crap.

Thank you!!

I would like to see you post an honest unbiased review when you check fit and finish. .
Yep. unbiased, give them the benefit of the doubt.
With pictures please.

That I can do, nobody buys my opinion.

Hate to say, but to some degree they already did buy your opinion with "Liking" their page w/o ever seeing the product...

Guess I don't understand the FB "Like" thing. A few years back when looking for custom home builders, one builder in the running didn't have a web site but used FB instead. Confusing to see a builder who constructs a few homes a year had thousands of "Likes".

On a positive note, congrats on your win (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Optimusglen
post May 6 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #185

Member No.: 19,709
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(somd914 @ May 6 2016, 07:53 PM) *

Hate to say, but to some degree they already did buy your opinion with "Liking" their page w/o ever seeing the product...

You definitely don't understand FB likes then, when you "like" a page, you're essentially signing up to keep updated when they post. You're not proclaiming an undieing affection. Besides, like many of you I liked their page right at the beginning of this contest.

Apart from that though, I've made 3-4 transactions with AA in the time I've been in the 914 world. Each and every time the transaction went smoothly and I was satisfied with the parts. What concerns me is that many of you will assume the worst about the product, if you want an unbiased opinion of the parts when I get them that's fine, I'll give one based on my experiences with them and the product itself. Don't question my sincerity on my posts though.
+Quote Post
somd914
post May 6 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #186

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 6 2016, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ May 6 2016, 07:53 PM) *

You definitely don't understand FB likes then, when you "like" a page, you're essentially signing up to keep updated when they post. You're not proclaiming an undieing affection. Besides, like many of you I liked their page right at the beginning of this contest.

Apart from that though, I've made 3-4 transactions with AA in the time I've been in the 914 world. Each and every time the transaction went smoothly and I was satisfied with the parts. What concerns me is that many of you will assume the worst about the product, if you want an unbiased opinion of the parts when I get them that's fine, I'll give one based on my experiences with them and the product itself. Don't question my sincerity on my posts though.

I did not mean to question your sincerity as I have no reason to believe you won't provide an unbiased opinion, apologies for coming across that way.

And yes I do understand FB Likes in order to stay connected to the post, the behind scenes marketing (though not a strong a "sharing"), and that liking is considered an endorsement to some users. So as I stated, "to some degree". But I digress as this is a car forum.

And yes, I am interested to see if these lenses are an improvement over their old ones - always good to see the parts market expand for our old cars, that is provided they are good parts.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post May 6 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #187

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

Now that I didn't win, I take back the nice things I said about AA........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
green ernie
post May 7 2016, 01:56 AM
Post #188

Member No.: 18,354
Region Association: England

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2016, 03:58 PM) *

How about pictures of the actual product for sale rather than the OEM part?
Posting pictures of parts that are not what you are actually selling shows AA continues the bait and switch game that has made the the hated business that they are.
The only pair I saw on a car fit like crap. I would not buy them even if they looked perfect.
Had a Pelican customer bought a pair of the clear lenses. One lens was filled with air bubbles. Not sure he ever got it resolved.

A friend who used to work at AA told me they would sell a used damaged part part as NOS. They would spray it with Krylon paint, throw it in a box wet and ship it.
What kind of business owner would allow or condone that.
I dealt with the twice and they screwed up both times.
Fuch them.
Fuch your facebook likes.
Thank for showing us you are still the fuched up company with a fuched up owner.

I bought a pair of clear lenses from Pelican Parts and they were full of bubbles and not very good quality in general. I was told that they come directly from the supplier which was the reason they were not checked at Pelican. They came in a box with other parts that came from Pelican. Pelican would not pay the return postage from the UK so I posted them back from California when I was on holiday there and they replaced them no problem. They are not Hella and I didn't expect Hella quality. You get what you pay for when you buy a copy.
I have bought from 914 rubber also, missing parts, incorrect parts and no response to emails.
AA is the only place I have bought from and had quick service, good quality parts and no problems.
Porsche now produce more parts than ever for the 914 and will expand the range so maybe some other suppliers will have to improve. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 7 2016, 09:30 AM
Post #189

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(green ernie @ May 7 2016, 12:56 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2016, 03:58 PM) *

How about pictures of the actual product for sale rather than the OEM part?
Posting pictures of parts that are not what you are actually selling shows AA continues the bait and switch game that has made the the hated business that they are.
The only pair I saw on a car fit like crap. I would not buy them even if they looked perfect.
Had a Pelican customer bought a pair of the clear lenses. One lens was filled with air bubbles. Not sure he ever got it resolved.

A friend who used to work at AA told me they would sell a used damaged part part as NOS. They would spray it with Krylon paint, throw it in a box wet and ship it.
What kind of business owner would allow or condone that.
I dealt with the twice and they screwed up both times.
Fuch them.
Fuch your facebook likes.
Thank for showing us you are still the fuched up company with a fuched up owner.

I bought a pair of clear lenses from Pelican Parts and they were full of bubbles and not very good quality in general. I was told that they come directly from the supplier which was the reason they were not checked at Pelican. They came in a box with other parts that came from Pelican. Pelican would not pay the return postage from the UK so I posted them back from California when I was on holiday there and they replaced them no problem. They are not Hella and I didn't expect Hella quality. You get what you pay for when you buy a copy.
I have bought from 914 rubber also, missing parts, incorrect parts and no response to emails.
AA is the only place I have bought from and had quick service, good quality parts and no problems.
Porsche now produce more parts than ever for the 914 and will expand the range so maybe some other suppliers will have to improve. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Earnie,
If I owe you anything, or you have any problems, just PM me I'm more than happy to take care of it. Yes, we occasionally have to back order parts, but WE pay the shipping.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 7 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #190

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

How much is shipping AND handling? Unless they truly are free and s&h is included.
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 04:29 PM