Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 Steering Column Tube and Wiper Assembly, Advice and identification photos please
SixerJ
post May 4 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

Continued stripping my -6 at the weekend and took the blower and wiper motor assembly out. Discovered on removal that she had a -4 wiper assembly installed when the car was converted to racer back in the 2000's

Does anyone have pictures of a complete and correct 914-6 wiper and motor assembly and how does it differ from say an early >73 911 set up, different spindle spacing, wiring, motor?

Also does anyone have any pictures of a naked genuine 914-6 steering column tube (914.347.072.00). I've looked through many of the build threads, parts vault and column conversions (Clay's and SirA's below)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=100179&hl=

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=82045

Picture wise I have only found genuine -6 column tubes assembled up with switches / clam shells or say Clays naked converted tube below

Bolt hole spacing on the flat plate of a genuine 6's tube and later 4 plate looks wider, what about the early 4 column plates, do they match the 6 column?

I knew that I would have to get all the column parts together for my car when I purchased it & sourced a complete 911 column not long after I bought her just in case I have to go down the tube conversion route / if I cannot source a genuine six tube

I didn't realise that I would also have to find the -6 wiper motor assembly as well.....any pictures, answers and guidance / leads on -6 wiper assembly and column tube would be appreciated

Thanks
Jon

Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:43 AM