Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto Atlanta, Wrong stuff
rhodyguy
post Feb 24 2017, 09:11 AM
Post #141

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(coupelover @ Feb 23 2017, 05:54 PM) *

AA has done right by me. Owned a 914 for two years now. 10 Orders from AA and the quality and accuracy were there. Also had a clutch and RMS replaced. High quality of work at a reasonable price.

You do realize you are pulling a heavy weight up a long hill, yes?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drgouk
post Apr 13 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #142

Member No.: 18,494
Region Association: None

Im currently having trouble with Auto Atlanta, They charged my credit card without permission, that they had on file, that I didn't know about. They must have kept it from a previous purchase.
Im now stuck with $74NZD in bank fees. They offered store credit, So I asked if they could do a deal on a restored Blaupunkt to make up for the charges, They come back and said there was no margin, so unlikely, but its ok for me to be out of pocket for there mistake? Come on George!
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 13 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #143

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Did you order something or did they charge your card out of nowhere
+Quote Post
drgouk
post Apr 13 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #144

I emailed about some heads, they were out of stock, when they came in I was charged for a pair, even though I hadn't given the go ahead for the card to be charged,

I just got an email from George that he will do me a deal, So I will wait and see.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 13 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(drgouk @ Apr 14 2017, 11:11 AM) *

Im currently having trouble with Auto Atlanta, They charged my credit card without permission, that they had on file, that I didn't know about. They must have kept it from a previous purchase.
Im now stuck with $74NZD in bank fees. They offered store credit, So I asked if they could do a deal on a restored Blaupunkt to make up for the charges, They come back and said there was no margin, so unlikely, but its ok for me to be out of pocket for there mistake? Come on George!

Ask for a refund via the bank,if you aren't running Paypal you have little or no protection,Sir George isn't going to give a FF about you because you won't be knocking on his office door.
Living where we do I vet ever new seller before buying ,easily done these days....surely you can't have missed comments about AA its on just about every Porsche related site.
I don't for the life of me understand why you would buy rebuilt heads from them or anybody in the USA,buy some good uncracked cores from some of the great sellers on here and get them rebuild in NZ labour costs are WAY lower.
PM me happy to steer you in the right direction.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 13 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #146

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(drgouk @ Apr 13 2017, 07:26 PM) *

I emailed about some heads, they were out of stock, when they came in I was charged for a pair, even though I hadn't given the go ahead for the card to be charged,

I just got an email from George that he will do me a deal, So I will wait and see.

What George does is illegal. He's trying to steal from you. Call your credit card company. They will protect you and probably charge back/return your money. Then the heads are his problem, not yours.
+Quote Post
drgouk
post Apr 13 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #147

Thanks for the advice guys, I didn't realise George had such a reputation.
I was going to buy brand new heads from George, until I discovered I could buy the same heads here in New Zealand for much less from the Porsche dealer, So I told him I didn't want them, and then a tracking number quickly came from FEDEX and then the card was charged. The reason he had my card info was from a previous purchase, a purchase of a 1.8 75 NOS owners manual, the postage was $60 USD, even though I regularly get stuff from the USA for half being a similar weight/size. I didn't complain about this as I thought it was just an honest oversight, maybe it wasn't.
+Quote Post
Jason 914-6
post Apr 13 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #148

Member No.: 3,069

yikes I,m glad I found this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) As I had nearly ordered something I saw the freight costs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) For the money it would cost to freight I could fly over source some parts,take in a few meets.do some touring (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
It really sucks living so far away from a source of spares. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Maybe us overseas types need to put together a 914 buying/meet and greet trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 13 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #149

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(Jason 914-6 @ Apr 13 2017, 09:39 PM) *

yikes I,m glad I found this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) As I had nearly ordered something I saw the freight costs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) For the money it would cost to freight I could fly over source some parts,take in a few meets.do some touring (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
It really sucks living so far away from a source of spares. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Maybe us overseas types need to put together a 914 buying/meet and greet trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

That has certainly been done. I met a few blokes from Australia a few years ago. They showed up at the G&R swap meet. I believe they filled a few shipping containers with car parts. If you are planning a trip like that, let us know. Lots of people here willing to help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And take your money. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Apr 14 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #150

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

I believe my fellow members AA sales stories. That said, I call and only talk with George when I need stuff, and he has always been a gentleman, very responsive, and gone the extra mile for me. Sorry to hear about other members negative experiences with AA, they just don't reflect how I have been treated with my many purchases from them. That's all.
+Quote Post
Nutter965
post Apr 14 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #151

Member No.: 17,784

Been there seen that and been done ! I have a feelin he catches all of us at some time ! Best cure ..... have another beer ! Put it down to experience an hope he hasn't cleaned you !

I've purchased from Mark- 914Rubber, Mad dog and Restoration design Europe (no less) with great sucess so far ... Mark has a test on at the moment ...

And as for some commenting on the English language, in Northern Ireland that ain't allowed it comes under a " dialectical variation " and is therefore correct !
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Apr 14 2017, 01:12 AM
Post #152

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

Years ago, before I found the board and realised AA's reputation I was caught out by them. Poorly packed box with not enough tape on the edges, flat component slipped out in transit. With 10 cents more tape and 30 seconds it would not have happened

The loss was sub 10 bucks, I did the email thing with AA. Happy to send a replacement, shipping was going to be a something like 40 bucks, plus whatever Royal Mail would have wanted this end to deliver to my door. I had had stuff from the US before and knew that was taking the piss and making profit on his cock up

Err, no thank you & my time was more precious to me than the part, so I didn't bother going to the credit card company either

10 buck part and 10 cents of tape lost AA 1000's in my business
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Apr 14 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #153

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hopefully he is reading these posts and may improve his performance. I ran into him at Amelia Island and he couldn't have been nicer to talk to. Obviously, he's not the person packing and shipping the items, but he is responsible for pricing and shipping charges. Better training in the shipping department may be called for.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 14 2017, 08:37 AM
Post #154

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

there are enough hapless new victims that the owner of ** doesn't give a shit. Over 20 years standard operating procedure. We all learn the lesson sooner or later.

Go complain at 914club.com. Repeatedly...never give an inch.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Apr 14 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

1) I ordered and received 2 out of 5 parts from AA while my card was charged for all parts

2) I'm blocked on eBay by AA because I called them to complain

3) George hung up on me when I called to ask why

4) My girlfriend had to order something from him that was advertised as "NOS" and when it came, it looked like it had sat on a shelf for 45 years gathering dust

5) It was like pulling teeth trying to get a new one shipped, he tried to say we needed to clean it ourselves

6) They sent a perfect replacement after much cajoling and us sending the crappy one back

7) Automobiles Atlanta is a fucking joke and as far as I'm concerned, they don't exist. Nothing seems to embarrass George, you know he reads this stuff

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 14 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #156

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

It's too bad because I was thinking of ordering a loop carpet set from them, but I have no idea of the quality. I have second thoughts after reading this thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Worlds-best-fittin...Bxz&vxp=mtr
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 14 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #157

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 13 2016, 10:13 PM) *

Hey, we all have our problems. I was auditing the shipments from inventory and we caught the fact we mis-shipped an LE vinyl for a customers white car (sent white vinyl). We contacted the customer to let them know and that a replacement was following. I'm sure that George is stepping up his game, we know he's watching.

You did that for me too. Got the replacement almost before I knew there was a problem. And the message arrived before either. My seat covers ought to come today.

But then you have worked with checklists a lot I bet...
+Quote Post
914Next
post Apr 14 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #158

Member No.: 17,695

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 14 2017, 02:04 PM) *

It's too bad because I was thinking of ordering a loop carpet set from them, but I have no idea of the quality. I have second thoughts after reading this thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Worlds-best-fittin...Bxz&vxp=mtr

I live in Atlanta and I'm one of those who has only bought a few things and have had good luck but I don't discount at all the bad experiences of those who have had terrible experiences. I even took my 73' over and had George take a look at it right after I bought it. He knew it was a survivor and wanted to see it. We had a good discussion and he was very complimentary and helpful. With that said I'm very cautious about buying much there.

My current concern is that Jeff, a mechanic who I understand worked for George for quite a few years has now gone back there. He has been at Checkpoint in Marietta for a few years working with Beal Hardy who is a great air-cooled (mostly 356) guy. Jeff is great with 914's and I've been taking my car to him at Checkpoint. Now that Jeff is back at AA I'm not sure what to do? I really liked him and his work but concerned about going to AA?
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 14 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #159

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 24 2017, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(coupelover @ Feb 23 2017, 05:54 PM) *

AA has done right by me. Owned a 914 for two years now. 10 Orders from AA and the quality and accuracy were there. Also had a clutch and RMS replaced. High quality of work at a reasonable price.

You do realize you are pulling a heavy weight up a long hill, yes?

I had many of the same mistakes. The best thing they have done is publish their catalog which includes some nice thing said about 914s and a lot of things to consider as replacement parts. It is a place to start. I learned about them several years before I found this source of wisdom on the web. About the catalog - I called about a major mistake and mentioned that my catalog was worn out. A new one promptly arrived with my order, and a charge of $5. Now I think that is pretty funny.
+Quote Post
Nutter965
post Apr 14 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 17,784

QUOTE(Nutter965 @ Apr 14 2017, 07:45 AM) *

Been there seen that and been done ! I have a feelin he catches all of us at some time ! Best cure ..... have another beer ! Put it down to experience an hope he hasn't cleaned you !

I've purchased from Mark- 914Rubber, Mad dog and Restoration design Europe (no less) with great sucess so far ... Mark has a test on at the moment ...

And as for some commenting on the English language, in Northern Ireland that ain't allowed it comes under a " dialectical variation " and is therefore correct !

Well 914 Rubber came up trumps shipping bits to me while I'm on vacation in Las Vegas everything arriving with time to spare !!

Go Mark cheers matey
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 04:41 PM