Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
JOEPROPER
So I've been waiting for the correct cylinder head nuts and washers from Auto Atlanta and finally the delivery arrived. Having so little time to work on this project, I figured that I'd get back to it after work around 7 pm. I opened the package to find... the wrong washers and 12 out of 16 nuts wrong... headbang.gif $46.93 and they couldn't get it right. So now I guess I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning to try to get this right. WTF.gif
I just need to vent. Frustrated!!! hissyfit.gif
siverson
That's really surprising. AA has a stellar reputation and I've never heard of them messing up orders like this.
bandjoey
Hopefully some New Yorker will pop in and give you a local place to get what you need.

mad.gif you must be
JOEPROPER
Yup, I received 4 10mm nuts individually packaged and a package of 12 8mm nuts and 1 10mm washer and 15 8mm washers. They did, however send the correct 7mm nut for the rocker shaft. I'm not trying to slam AA, but this was an easy order and it got messed up. I'm no stranger to wrong parts being delivered, but i was expecting to be able to make some progress and this happened. I know I just need to roll with it and give them a call in the morning, but it's frustrating because i have so little time as it is. smoke.gif
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 11 2016, 07:15 PM) *

Hopefully some New Yorker will pop in and give you a local place to get what you need.

mad.gif you must be

I can get nuts that are the correct dimention locally, but they don't have the "correct" head size, and I thought while I'm ordering stuff, I may as well just get it all at once.
Gunn1
That Sucks...........

Auto Atlanta is just like any other company, they have employee turnover, and other issues that sometimes cannot be controlled.

And so it goes.
JoeDees
My experience with them was sending the wrong part and then telling me to pay for return and correct part shipping...
76-914
agree.gif Beat me to it. That's what I was going to warn him about. BTW, where is that "lugnut" from AA that was trying (albeit not very hard) to persuade this group to show a little wub.gif and welcome them back into the stable? confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif One of our search artist's should find that thread and ping them. happy11.gif
pete000
AA should be a desperation last resort...IMHO.

I did get a nice pair of reproduction sun-visors though, cheaper than the completion.

"Sometimes you eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you"

rgalla9146
Very strong customer relations dept.
A quick call in the morning will straighten it right out.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 11 2016, 08:54 PM) *

I hope your right. 'll call in the morning.
rhodyguy
Post this matter at 914club.com. Politeness is not a requirement.
URY914
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 11 2016, 06:33 PM) *

I hope your right. 'll call in the morning.

Good luck.
Spoke
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 11 2016, 07:22 PM) *

I'm not trying to slam AA

It's ok to slam AA here; it's one of our popular pastimes. beerchug.gif

After my first and only order from them for a thermostat that they didn't have, I haven't bought anything from them and would never consider buying anything from them.
siverson
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 11 2016, 04:13 PM) *

That's really surprising. AA has a stellar reputation and I've never heard of them messing up orders like this.

For clarity, this was sarcasm. (I realized there may be some new members here...)

-Steve
raynekat

Hahahah....that's a good one.
With AA it happens to all of us.
Just part of doing business with them I guess.
cary
https://www.belmetric.com/
PanelBilly
Same story different day
brant
AA sucks.

Never ever ever buy ANYTHING from AA

This has been a known fact for 20 years
JFG
I won't name them but a prominent supplier, who is apparently well liked, has now become the worst supplier i've dealt with in 27 years of maintenance and restorations of cars both modern and classic.

It isn't aa.

JOEPROPER
QUOTE(cary @ Jul 12 2016, 12:05 AM) *

This looks good. I'll give them a try in the future. smoke.gif
Series9

lol-2.gif
JOEPROPER
So I spoke to AA this morning and they suggested that I reorder and send the wrong stuff back. I suggested that they send the correct items along with a return envelope for me to send back. He agreed that that would be the best thing. I guess we'll see how this goes... smoke.gif
PanelBilly
Send more $$. Nice customer service. The real test of a business is how they handle mistakes
mepstein
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 12 2016, 10:55 AM) *

Send more $$. Nice customer service. The real test of a business is how they handle mistakes

That ship sailed long ago. Sank.
2mAn
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 11 2016, 07:31 PM) *

For clarity, this was sarcasm. (I realized there may be some new members here...)

-Steve

There needs to be a sarcasm emoticon idea.gif

Its sad that a company that seems to be BIG fans of the teeners is the last place the teeners look to get parts from... sad
LowBridge
interesting... been buying from them with no issues at all. I think I'm somewhere north of a dozen orders and all have been correct and timely...
JOEPROPER
So the latest... I got a phone call from George (Dr 914) from Auto Atlanta. He told me that he was going to straighten this out personally. I am impressed with the influence that 914 WORLD has over this issue and the response from AA. I'm looking forward to getting this resolved and moving on.
I believe that most respectable companies want to resolve any problems that occur and this appears to be an example of just that. I have ordered from AA in the past without incident and hope they do the right thing so I can call on them in the future. smoke.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice to hear Catherine called you! av-943.gif
green914
Seems like I have heard this same story before about AA - popcorn[1].gif
raynekat
QUOTE(cary @ Jul 11 2016, 09:05 PM) *

I've used these guys a lot.
Great selection in the correct yellow cad/zinc color.
Fast delivery.
yada yada....
rhodyguy
Sad? Yes. Our fault or unfairness? No.
2mAn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 12 2016, 11:40 AM) *

Its sad for AA, not 914world, except that we dont have them as a solid go-to vendor
mepstein
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jul 12 2016, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 12 2016, 11:40 AM) *

Its sad for AA, not 914world, except that we dont have them as a solid go-to vendor

It's made the other vendors stronger. I thought you couldn't do a restoration without AA but I think staying away has made me search for better parts and better vendors. I think my cars will turn out better for it. And it's not just about ME. I can't support a vendor that has screwed over so many people. Not just made mistakes, purposely, screwed so many 914 owners for so many years, it's their reputation.
rgalla9146

'Hello'.... Auto Atlanta, customer service, Catherine speaking, how can I assist you ?
I believe we've all been done this road with AA.
Some members like them even with a few error here and there.
In the end, what's your acceptance to " stupidity " are you willing to deal with.
Alfieg23
I purchased a 19mm brake master cylinder for my 914 from them on ebay. Less than 50 miles after installing, the seals blew out and left me without brakes 25 miles from home. Thankfully it was on a Saturday so I limped home coasting to stops. On Monday I called to ask for a merchandise credit.

Pros: After discussing the problem and the potential danger that could have resulted by losing my brakes in a more traffic congested situation, they agreed to ALSO add my return shipping fee to my credit.

Cons: Although they provided me with the full merchandise credit including my returned shipping fee, when I went to use the credit, I found out they had blocked me from purchasing from them on ebay. When I sent a message inquiring about the block, their reply stated they always blocked "problem" customers. I guess I became a problem when I survived losing my brakes at 70 MPH on the interstate.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Alfieg23 @ Jul 12 2016, 03:31 PM) *

Cons: Although they provided me with the full merchandise credit including my returned shipping fee, when I went to use the credit, I found out they had blocked me from purchasing from them on ebay. When I sent a message inquiring about the block, their reply stated they always blocked "problem" customers. I guess I became a problem when I survived losing my brakes at 70 MPH on the interstate.

Ha ha ha, that's HILARIOUS. You won and they're STILL doing what they can to screw you. Have to admit I didn't expect that, very creative of them.

914Sixer
I ordered 2 items on the 5th of July. I checked on my order last Friday. I even spoke to George about the order and canceled 1 item because it was not in stock. I told him to pay for the item with the $60 credit I had. I got an email today from Mia wanting to know where the credit came from even though it was on their books.

Update: This evening I got and email saying my order shipped Priority Mail including the out of stock item.
cali914
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 11 2016, 04:11 PM) *

So I've been waiting for the correct cylinder head nuts and washers from Auto Atlanta and finally the delivery arrived. Having so little time to work on this project, I figured that I'd get back to it after work around 7 pm. I opened the package to find... the wrong washers and 12 out of 16 nuts wrong... headbang.gif $46.93 and they couldn't get it right. So now I guess I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning to try to get this right. WTF.gif
I just need to vent. Frustrated!!! hissyfit.gif

I hear you man I had a buddy that waited 2 months for a stock fuel injection 914 pump I told him to get a Walbro and he wanted to keep it stock. Auto Atlanta sent him the pump and it did not work. He had to send it back and wait another two weeks. I would avoid that place if I were you.
DBCooper
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 12 2016, 06:03 PM) *
Update: This evening I got and email saying my order shipped Priority Mail including the out of stock item.

So apparently George (Catherine?) monitors World. Good to know, so when you have problems with AA just post them here so George will see and get it resolved. Good. Don't post here and you'll remain screwed.

Mikey914
Pretty sure there are a few other that lurk here at world also. One of the reasons I poked them on the 914/6 motor mount.
DBCooper
I'm sure you're right, but damn, it's creepy.

Huh, I wonder what his screen name is? Obviously not George, so what?

OK, slim chance, but ultra3000, reading this thread right now, Lilburn, GA, just outside Atlanta and 15 or so miles from the AA shop... is that you George?

76-914
Nothings changed; business as usual. 2nd verse same as the 1st. Remember when ripper911 tried to bring us back into "The Fold" only to tire of the BS leading to his defection. lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
The fire got put out quickly this time.
stugray
OK - silly question:

WHY didn't everybody jump all over the OPs ass for not doing a simple search?

I mean we HAVE talked about this before on this forum......

Mueller...... Mueller...... ......... Mueller........

(OP this is NOT directed at you)
ultra3000
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 13 2016, 04:26 AM) *

I'm sure you're right, but damn, it's creepy.

Huh, I wonder what his screen name is? Obviously not George, so what?

OK, slim chance, but ultra3000, reading this thread right now, Lilburn, GA, just outside Atlanta and 15 or so miles from the AA shop... is that you George?

Ha!

Sorry, I'm not George. I used to deal with him in the 90's, but always in person. So no bad shipments for me. However, I did receive plenty of condescension with each visit, despite leaving thousands of my dollars there. On one occasion I was told I should junk the body of my 73 2.0 and buy one of theirs from the boneyard out back.

I didn't.
Click to view attachment
DBCooper
Ha ha ha. Good answer, good choice to keep the car, and and nice color, too.

Sorry about that, it was in jest... unless of course you were actually George. And if you were George that would have been cool too, at least we could have gotten a lot of questions answered.

JOEPROPER
His screen name is Dr914...
DBCooper
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 13 2016, 03:04 PM) *

His screen name is Dr914...

Yeah, that's the one you KNOW about...

EDIT: Hey, you're right. I just checked, and Dr914@autoatlanta.com was online here yesterday... So there you are, he lurks, just doesn't post. Well, maybe he'll read the comments and get it, improve his attitude toward customers and change everything. Or not.

Hey George. I doubt you'll understand this, but let me try. You shipped me the wrong part twice twenty years ago, admitted your mistake, but still screwed me out of the return freight TWICE. And I've never forgotten. Since then I've bought thousands of dollars of 914 parts and not one penny has been from you. Not one penny. So George, you saved that twenty dollars back then but how much has that cost you over all these years? You saved twenty bucks and gave up more than a thousand, a lot more. That sure wasn't smart. And that's the value (and cost) of customer service.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.