914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DavidSweden
popcorn[1].gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 16 2016, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 01:10 PM) *

Straight out of the rules page:

"Please, let's not talk about Politics & Religion. Wars have been fought for years and years because of Politics and Religion, so let's keep 'em out of 914World."

So Joe has the right and the rest of us don't?

It doesn't say let's not talk about Politics & Religion unless your Joe.

So I think your the one that doesn't understand .

It was an allusion to make a point. [go look up "allusion"] Mentioning a name isn't "politics." And likening someone to Atilla the Hun or Scrooge McDuck isn't being "political," it just illuminates something being said, maybe good for a chuckle. So dude, if your skin is THAT thin maybe you need to give up rusty cars and go practice yoga or something.

"It's a little like Donald Trump. Apparently, there is no amount of stupidity that will turn people away."

To me that paragraph is political and inflammatory.

As long as I can make a statement like ;

It's a little like Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. Apparently, there is no amount of stupidity that will turn people away.

I'm good.

Series9
OU812,

You are right. I apologize.

Let's leave both presidential-candidate idiots out of it.

smile.gif
Gunn1
Series9

agree.gif
Series9
But, in accordance with your signature:

"There is only one way to avoid criticism:
Do Nothing,
Say Nothing,
and be Nothing."

I'm willing to speak my mind, just ask anybody.... smile.gif

You should be aware that you use "your" incorrectly, when you should say "you're".

Example: "...... unless your Joe."

Your arguments generally look more convincing when you use the language correctly.

Beer on me!
Gunn1
Your brilliance and knowledge of the English language and its usage are apparent.

You said you were sorry, and I agreed.

I prefer a Whisky Coke.
Series9
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 06:58 PM) *

Your brilliance and knowledge of the English language and its usage are apparent.

I prefer a Whisky Coke.

Send your address to my email. Your mixer will be in the mail.
SLITS
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 16 2016, 03:23 PM) *

OU812,

You are right. I apologize.

Let's leave both presidential-candidate idiots out of it.

smile.gif

Wow Joe ... you have mellowed in your old age. poke.gif
PancakePorsche
I hate this sh-t. All this over a supplier who was in the 914 parts game long before anyone else. Should not be a issue or a topic now with all the new parts suppliers. If you were restoring or repairing a 914's years ago they were the place to go and I did. and still do.
For those new into the 914, It was not always this easy to keep our glorified volkswagens on the road. There, I said it.
JOEPROPER
So, I just received the corrected order from Auto Atlanta along with return box and slip for shipping. I'm not sure if 914world had any influence over this or they just decided to do the right thing. Either way, I'm happy enough to see that they came up with the right decision.
I hope this is the end of this thread... seems like it has gone in a different direction than intended. AA is back on my list of suppliers, but still with a little hesitation...

Joe
rhodyguy
good luck with that mind set.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 16 2016, 04:05 PM) *

I prefer a Whisky Coke.

Joe, let me know where you find Whisky, I'd love to try it. Never heard of it. Out west we only have Whiskey.
billh1963
I've placed several orders in the past with AA and always received what I ordered.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket? av-943.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 18 2016, 12:17 PM) *

I prefer a Whisky Coke.

Joe, let me know where you find Whisky, I'd love to try it. Never heard of it. Out west we only have Whiskey.

Very good to hear AA made it right by their customer.

And You must mean, Out in the "Southwest" you only have whiskey...

Funny how being literal works both ways.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jul 18 2016, 09:18 AM) *

So, I just received the corrected order from Auto Atlanta along with return box and slip for shipping. I'm not sure if 914world had any influence over this or they just decided to do the right thing. Either way, I'm happy enough to see that they came up with the right decision.
I hope this is the end of this thread... seems like it has gone in a different direction than intended. AA is back on my list of suppliers, but still with a little hesitation...

Joe

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
rhodyguy
** threads usually follow this compass heading.
MoveQik
QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 18 2016, 05:32 PM) *

I prefer a Whisky Coke.

Yes, it does work both ways but not very effectively in your example. You need to check your geography. I'm fairly certain Arizona is considered part of the west....and yes, the southwest as well. Heck, my little hometown of Scottsdale has "The West's most western town" as its slogan. :-) It might be a little difficult to grasp but I assure you it is true.
Gunn1
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 19 2016, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 18 2016, 05:32 PM) *

I prefer a Whisky Coke.

Yes, it does work both ways but not very effectively in your example. You need to check your geography. I'm fairly certain Arizona is considered part of the west....and yes, the southwest as well. Heck, my little hometown of Scottsdale has "The West's most western town" as its slogan. :-) It might be a little difficult to grasp but I assure you it is true.

Cape Flattery in Washington State Is the most western...old buddy !

Most western is a slogan as you said, but not geographical fact. Especially for someone so literal .
rhodyguy
Cape Alava. To be exact.
Rand
Cape Blanco is the westernmost point of the continental US. Funny thing, I was there at the lowest tide of the decade back in the 90s and waded my way into the water. I could claim to step foot farther west than anyone.

But what I got out of that day was a great experience with the people who were there. As awesome as that was, it took me more than a decade to get it: People matter more than experiences.
rhodyguy
Nope. Close, but no. CB has incredible winds during the winter.
tvhagen
I've been purchasing from AutoAtlanta for many years. All problems have always been rectified immediately. George Hussey has always been very helpful and accommodating over the phone with patience and sound advice. At one time he spent a few minutes advising my mechanic in Las Vegas on a puzzling repair. Mistakes happen. As mentioned previously, the true test of a business is how it handles its mistakes. AutoAtlanta has made a few mistakes with my orders, but has always rectified them without a blink. I have only good things to say about this solid business.
Ferg
So ya signed up and made your first post to defend George shades.gif

Sounds Legit lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 23 2017, 10:35 AM) *
So ya signed up and made your first post to defend George shades.gif
Sounds Legit lol-2.gif

agree.gif confused24.gif
brant
QUOTE(tvhagen @ Feb 23 2017, 11:10 AM) *

I've been purchasing from AutoAtlanta for many years. All problems have always been rectified immediately. George Hussey has always been very helpful and accommodating over the phone with patience and sound advice. At one time he spent a few minutes advising my mechanic in Las Vegas on a puzzling repair. Mistakes happen. As mentioned previously, the true test of a business is how it handles its mistakes. AutoAtlanta has made a few mistakes with my orders, but has always rectified them without a blink. I have only good things to say about this solid business.

unfortunately for hundreds and hundreds of 914 owners, we have had a MUCH different experience.

wrong parts
double charging
rip off shipping
no returns
and no customer service

so you sir are a lucky guy and should go buy a lotto ticket
rhodyguy
Threads of this nature give the consumer BOTH sides of the story. That one side seems weighted that's just the way it is. People don't sit around making up negative stories. No reason for it. In the 80s-early 90's automotion and ** catalogs were king.
coupelover
Owned my 914 for two years now. Had about 10 orders for parts from AA - no problems. Had them replace my clutch and RMS two months ago - decent price and no problems.
SteveL
dry.gif
Two new users, resurrecting an old dead thread about AA, just so they can say wonderful things about AA. Sounds like George just hired someone new to handle internet and social media, and they are trying to do online reputation repair on their first day.
Good Luck With That.
ChrisFoley
Well,
neither one of them is a new member.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 23 2017, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(tvhagen @ Feb 23 2017, 11:10 AM) *

unfortunately for hundreds and hundreds of 914 owners, we have had a MUCH different experience.

wrong parts
double charging
rip off shipping
no returns
and no customer service

so you sir are a lucky guy and should go buy a lotto ticket

You forgot back orders dry.gif

For Canadian peeps back ordering gets super expensive PDQ, had a friend that got 4 shipments for one AA order sent UPS
$60 brokerage each time and to add insult it was the same full invoice, so they collected full tax every time. Took him 9 months and countless hours to get the taxes sorted and his money back.

mad.gif
Cairo94507
People with 1 post, despite anything else - I consider them to lack credibility. When you are new to a site, you might want to keep your opinions to a minimum. The fact that so many long-time World members have had the exact opposite experience(s) should inform the new person they may not have all of the facts yet. beerchug.gif
6freak
1 time was enough for me....Pelican parts if i have to otherwise I local source everything smile.gif
mtndawg
I use Pelican, 914rubber, tangerine racing, etc... to get the correct parts.
GeorgeRud
Haven't had to order anything for quite a few years, but I had good experiences back in the day. I think that folks have varying expectations on used parts, and George Hussey has been around long enough to know what the right or wrong parts are.

Like other businesses, mistakes do happen but how they're handled makes the difference between good and bad.
Rand
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 23 2017, 05:20 PM) *

Haven't had to order anything for quite a few years, but I had good experiences back in the day. I think that folks have varying expectations on used parts, and George Hussey has been around long enough to know what the right or wrong parts are.

Like other businesses, mistakes do happen but how they're handled makes the difference between good and bad.

That precisely describes why AA *SHOULD* have the best rep in the industry.
coupelover
AA has done right by me. Owned a 914 for two years now. 10 Orders from AA and the quality and accuracy were there. Also had a clutch and RMS replaced. High quality of work at a reasonable price.
76-914
QUOTE(tvhagen @ Feb 23 2017, 10:10 AM) *

Shill!
carr914
QUOTE(coupelover @ Feb 23 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Owned my 914 for two years now. Had about 10 orders for parts from AA - no problems. Had them replace my clutch and RMS two months ago - decent price and no problems.

QUOTE(coupelover @ Feb 23 2017, 08:54 PM) *

AA has done right by me. Owned a 914 for two years now. 10 Orders from AA and the quality and accuracy were there. Also had a clutch and RMS replaced. High quality of work at a reasonable price.

Do you Stutter?

I don't - AA Sucks Balls!
r_towle
I think Bell Metric can get what you need, or a dealer
falcor75
I find it amusing that someone thinks counterposting will help with what the potential customers think instead of focusing on solving the root issue.... but that again...that would be admitting theres a problem in the first place.

rhodyguy
QUOTE(coupelover @ Feb 23 2017, 05:54 PM) *

You do realize you are pulling a heavy weight up a long hill, yes?
drgouk
Im currently having trouble with Auto Atlanta, They charged my credit card without permission, that they had on file, that I didn't know about. They must have kept it from a previous purchase.
Im now stuck with $74NZD in bank fees. They offered store credit, So I asked if they could do a deal on a restored Blaupunkt to make up for the charges, They come back and said there was no margin, so unlikely, but its ok for me to be out of pocket for there mistake? Come on George!
Big Len
Did you order something or did they charge your card out of nowhere
drgouk
I emailed about some heads, they were out of stock, when they came in I was charged for a pair, even though I hadn't given the go ahead for the card to be charged,

I just got an email from George that he will do me a deal, So I will wait and see.
porschetub
QUOTE(drgouk @ Apr 14 2017, 11:11 AM) *

Im currently having trouble with Auto Atlanta, They charged my credit card without permission, that they had on file, that I didn't know about. They must have kept it from a previous purchase.
Im now stuck with $74NZD in bank fees. They offered store credit, So I asked if they could do a deal on a restored Blaupunkt to make up for the charges, They come back and said there was no margin, so unlikely, but its ok for me to be out of pocket for there mistake? Come on George!

Ask for a refund via the bank,if you aren't running Paypal you have little or no protection,Sir George isn't going to give a FF about you because you won't be knocking on his office door.
Living where we do I vet ever new seller before buying ,easily done these days....surely you can't have missed comments about AA its on just about every Porsche related site.
I don't for the life of me understand why you would buy rebuilt heads from them or anybody in the USA,buy some good uncracked cores from some of the great sellers on here and get them rebuild in NZ labour costs are WAY lower.
PM me happy to steer you in the right direction.
mepstein
QUOTE(drgouk @ Apr 13 2017, 07:26 PM) *

I emailed about some heads, they were out of stock, when they came in I was charged for a pair, even though I hadn't given the go ahead for the card to be charged,

I just got an email from George that he will do me a deal, So I will wait and see.

What George does is illegal. He's trying to steal from you. Call your credit card company. They will protect you and probably charge back/return your money. Then the heads are his problem, not yours.
drgouk
Thanks for the advice guys, I didn't realise George had such a reputation.
I was going to buy brand new heads from George, until I discovered I could buy the same heads here in New Zealand for much less from the Porsche dealer, So I told him I didn't want them, and then a tracking number quickly came from FEDEX and then the card was charged. The reason he had my card info was from a previous purchase, a purchase of a 1.8 75 NOS owners manual, the postage was $60 USD, even though I regularly get stuff from the USA for half being a similar weight/size. I didn't complain about this as I thought it was just an honest oversight, maybe it wasn't.
Jason 914-6
yikes I,m glad I found this. dry.gif As I had nearly ordered something I saw the freight costs WTF.gif For the money it would cost to freight I could fly over source some parts,take in a few meets.do some touring smile.gif
It really sucks living so far away from a source of spares. unsure.gif
Maybe us overseas types need to put together a 914 buying/meet and greet trip. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Jason 914-6 @ Apr 13 2017, 09:39 PM) *

yikes I,m glad I found this. dry.gif As I had nearly ordered something I saw the freight costs WTF.gif For the money it would cost to freight I could fly over source some parts,take in a few meets.do some touring smile.gif
It really sucks living so far away from a source of spares. unsure.gif
Maybe us overseas types need to put together a 914 buying/meet and greet trip. beerchug.gif

That has certainly been done. I met a few blokes from Australia a few years ago. They showed up at the G&R swap meet. I believe they filled a few shipping containers with car parts. If you are planning a trip like that, let us know. Lots of people here willing to help. biggrin.gif And take your money. av-943.gif
oakdalecurtis
I believe my fellow members AA sales stories. That said, I call and only talk with George when I need stuff, and he has always been a gentleman, very responsive, and gone the extra mile for me. Sorry to hear about other members negative experiences with AA, they just don't reflect how I have been treated with my many purchases from them. That's all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.