Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto Atlanta, Wrong stuff
bdstone914
post Jul 15 2016, 05:57 AM
Post #81

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(LowBridge @ Jul 12 2016, 10:12 AM) *

interesting... been buying from them with no issues at all. I think I'm somewhere north of a dozen orders and all have been correct and timely...

Go buy a lottery ticket. I don't know you or doubt your word but 12 orders without a screw-up for AA does not seem possible. I am 2 for 2 and done.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Jul 15 2016, 09:31 AM
Post #82

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 15 2016, 04:57 AM) *

QUOTE(LowBridge @ Jul 12 2016, 10:12 AM) *

interesting... been buying from them with no issues at all. I think I'm somewhere north of a dozen orders and all have been correct and timely...

Go buy a lottery ticket. I don't know you or doubt your word but 12 orders without a screw-up for AA does not seem possible. I am 2 for 2 and done.

Too funny! 2 and done for me as well!
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post Jul 15 2016, 09:49 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jul 15 2016, 11:31 AM) *

Too funny! 2 and done for me as well!

3 and done for me, but I didn't even bother to try and return the 3rd order.

I just couldn't take another condescending conversation with George...

Ok, I have ordered once since then, but is was just for some Porsche crest stickers for my wheels - somehow they managed to get that one right!
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post Jul 15 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #84

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

Hate to pile on (not really) but I called and emailed AA about replacement sheetmetal before starting work on mine last year. Never received a response. Found out about Restoration Design and couldn't have been happier with their products and service.
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Jul 15 2016, 02:23 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

QUOTE(Darren C @ Jul 14 2016, 07:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Frankvw @ Jul 14 2016, 05:31 PM) *

Thanks Frank,

This illustrates my frustration too. We have little choice on the international shipping method for parts as it's an online default "Hobsons Choice"

In Franks example let say they sent me just the $12 part first with the $83 shipping. When it arrives in UK we have to pay 20% import duty on the whole price so that would be another $20 or so, then we have a handling and clearance fee that's another $12, so my $12 part cost me $130!
Then they sent me the $9 part a month later at another $127. The two items worth $21 cost $257......see how it works?

Now in my case I had 3 small value items from AA, that were about $40 in total, but sending them in 3 separate shipments meant I ended up paying almost $400 as I was hit each time by 3 x shipping and import charges.

On placing my initial order I accepted I'd have to pay $83 shipping to get my $40 parts with $30 import. That was what I accepted was going to happen.
NOT 3 shipments out of my control with them simply repeatedly charging my credit card each time without my authority.

This is a completely separate issue to the AA parts being poorly made and broken. One was a 2.0 badge for the rear with fixing pins molded in the wrong place to fit the holes in the car!

I've bought from 914 Rubber and hit the same issue with the freight. Couldn't believe it / made no sense so I emailed

I got a reply back from Blake the explanation was that there was something funky about how GoDaddy (host) automatically calculates the shipping as it thinks that every item needs a completely separate shipping box which obviously spins up the cost quicktime

I can't find the actual cost but fairly sure it went from a couple of hundred dollars to something like 30 or 40 via USPS

I would strongly recommend emailing them with a list of parts that you want and ask for a complete quote before you dismiss them out of hand. I know that's not how it should be and needs fixing but I have personally had a really great experience and service from them & would prefer to support those that support the community

Back to AA. I too was screwed over with a missing small part that fell out the bottom of a poorly packed and not taped down box. Made contact and told that they put it in & would be happy to send another if I ordered again. Err no, have never ordered again and will do my utmost never to again during the restoration of the six.....AA's loss others gain
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Jul 15 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527

It's a dying (dead?) business which is quickly circling the drain. In the modern era of the internet, most businesses like it are on their way out and good quality vendors like Tangerine Racing, 914Rubber, PMB Performance, Stoddard, GPR and Maddog (all vendors supported on this site) are reaping the benefits, as they should.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 15 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #87

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Go daddy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) calculated as tho each item is a separate item with it's own box? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) do I have that right (disbelief)? you guys are paying too much for shipping. What's the harm in loading a box, weighing it (if needed), and figuring the shipping. Like have a human being do it? That used to be considered a job for someone. Flat rate is a one step task. Too simple?
+Quote Post
Series9
post Jul 15 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #88

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 15 2016, 04:39 PM) *

It's a dying (dead?) business which is quickly circling the drain. In the modern era of the internet, most businesses like it are on their way out and good quality vendors like Tangerine Racing, 914Rubber, PMB Performance, Stoddard, GPR and Maddog (all vendors supported on this site) are reaping the benefits, as they should.

I really wish you were right, but I was first treated like shit by AA back in the '80s.

I was done with them then, but it seems 914 guys have a self esteem problem. I mean, how can AA be around 20 years after the advent of the internet?

Sometimes I look at AA's continued existence as proof that I really don't even have to try at S9, but then I pull my head out of my ass and continue to try to do the right thing with my customers.

Automobile Atlanta is Enron, is Bank of America, is Amscot, is Bernie Madoff, is (every predatory business).

It's a little like Donald Trump. Apparently, there is no amount of stupidity that will turn people away.

Caveat emptor.

Good luck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I'm a proud AA black-lister.
+Quote Post
ripper911
post Jul 16 2016, 05:54 AM
Post #89

corde pulsum tangite

Member No.: 11,654

The 914 sector is only a small part of their business. Most of the parts that pass through AA are for newer vehicles. I wouldn't consider a business that is moving millions of dollars worth of parts every year to be failing. They're just losing the (or this) 914 community.
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Jul 16 2016, 08:44 AM
Post #90

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387

On Monday the 11th, I spoke to AA about the mistaken order and was told that they would be sending out my corrected merchandise. I received and email from George on Tuesday saying that they almost screwed up the order again, but he personally checked it and straightened it out. On Tuesday evening I ordered another part from AIRCOOLED.NET and wasn't thinking about who would get here first but my AIRCOOLED order just arrived and am still waiting on my AA delivery... They are both using the same carrier. (usps) and am a little surprised that the AA order didn't beat the AIR COOLED order given the 1 day head start...

I am a man in business... so I just don't get it... George... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 16 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #91

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Check what should be the new tracking # on your ** purchase.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jul 16 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #92

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 15 2016, 02:19 PM) *

Go daddy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) calculated as tho each item is a separate item with it's own box? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) do I have that right (disbelief)? you guys are paying too much for shipping. What's the harm in loading a box, weighing it (if needed), and figuring the shipping. Like have a human being do it? That used to be considered a job for someone. Flat rate is a one step task. Too simple?

We do actually do this. And refund the overcharge. The problem we run into is on multiple piece shipments. Godaddy will not always combine everything in to one box. I can have 10 small parts and sometimes it will put in 4 boxes, and charge 4 different shipping charges. And it's not the items. We have weighed and have dimmensions for all. We have checked box sizes, and they are in correctly too. To be honest we did find a few mistakes on our part on the size entries, but this still occurs. It's about 30% of the time, but we simply refund our customers what they overpaid. It's a hassle, but we do audit every shipment.
Mark
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Jul 16 2016, 10:25 AM
Post #93

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 16 2016, 11:52 AM) *

Check what should be the new tracking # on your ** purchase.

Tracking says today is the delivery day! I guess we'll see. That's what it said last Saturday and I got it on Monday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Gunn1
post Jul 16 2016, 12:52 PM
Post #94

Member No.: 19,670

QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 15 2016, 06:44 PM) *

I really wish you were right, but I was first treated like shit by AA back in the '80s.

I was done with them then, but it seems 914 guys have a self esteem problem. I mean, how can AA be around 20 years after the advent of the internet?

Sometimes I look at AA's continued existence as proof that I really don't even have to try at S9, but then I pull my head out of my ass and continue to try to do the right thing with my customers.

Automobile Atlanta is Enron, is Bank of America, is Amscot, is Bernie Madoff, is (every predatory business).

It's a little like Donald Trump. Apparently, there is no amount of stupidity that will turn people away.

Caveat emptor.

And now somehow you have a lock on what Stupidity is?

These posts in the garage are supposed to be free of political content...bringing any politician into the discussion and using them as a basis to your argument is uncalled for and is against the rules of this garage form.

Keep the politican crap out of the Garage Series 9

+Quote Post
Rand
post Jul 16 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #95

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Dude. The drama is entertaining, but you still haven't learned how to fit in around here. Your guns are aimed at your feet, and you keep shooting them.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 16 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #96

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 15 2016, 06:44 PM) *

Caveat emptor.

These posts in the garage are supposed to be free of political content...bringing any politician into the discussion and using them as a basis to your argument is uncalled for and is against the rules of this garage form.

you do realize joe/s9. joined 12 years ago, not yesterday? he belongs here and certainly has earned a right to speak his mind. you seem to speak you mind way too much. what have you actually done for 914world that would make people miss you if you went away?
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jul 16 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #97

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 11:52 AM) *

Joe has every right and more, his allusions were benign, and once again you should really understand what the hell you're talking about BEFORE you start talking.

+Quote Post
Gunn1
post Jul 16 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #98

Member No.: 19,670

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jul 16 2016, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 11:52 AM) *

Joe has every right and more, and once again you should really understand what the hell you're talking about BEFORE you start talking.

Straight out of the rules page:

"Please, let's not talk about Politics & Religion. Wars have been fought for years and years because of Politics and Religion, so let's keep 'em out of 914World."

So Joe has the right and the rest of us don't?

It doesn't say let's not talk about Politics & Religion unless your Joe.

So I think your the one that doesn't understand .

+Quote Post
Rand
post Jul 16 2016, 02:17 PM
Post #99

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Sharing vendor experiences isn't politics. It's people in our community looking out for each other. If you'd listen more than talk, you'd learn to appreciate the value of the community experience here. It's priceless.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jul 16 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #100

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(OU812 @ Jul 16 2016, 01:10 PM) *

Straight out of the rules page:

"Please, let's not talk about Politics & Religion. Wars have been fought for years and years because of Politics and Religion, so let's keep 'em out of 914World."

So Joe has the right and the rest of us don't?

It doesn't say let's not talk about Politics & Religion unless your Joe.

So I think your the one that doesn't understand .

It was an allusion to make a point. [go look up "allusion"] Mentioning a name isn't "politics." And likening someone to Atilla the Hun or Scrooge McDuck isn't being "political," it just illuminates something being said, maybe good for a chuckle. So dude, if your skin is THAT thin maybe you need to give up rusty cars and go practice yoga or something.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:11 PM