Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tire fitment for 8" Fuchs, yeah another tire thread..
Olympic 914
post Sep 8 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

I have had these wheels for a while now but had not tried fitting them to the car before. they were buried in the front of the storage locker I rent to keep the rest of the cars parts. So today I moved everything and brought them home to try fitting them.

Attached Image

I already had a good idea of the tire sizes I wanted to run. my original thought was to go with 245 / 50 /16 on the 8" Fuchs on the rear and 225/ 50 16 on the 7"s for the front.

Good thing I didn't buy the tires...........

Even though the fenders were flared with the intention of using these size wheels it seem that the space under the fenders is not as cavernous as I thought.

After trying the 8s on the rear I am not even sure 225s will fit.

Attached Image

Attached Image

With a straight edge on the outer lip of the wheels I have 3/16s on the pass side and only 1/16 on the driver side, that in addition to the 5/16s thickness of the outer lip on the wheel equals 8 3/4 total possible tire width.
The specs on the 225 /50 tires are based on a 7" wheel and show a 8.1 in tread and a 9.2 sectional width. so the tread will fit under the fender but I don't know if the sidewall will rub.

The GFs car has 225 45s on 7.5in rims and the sidewall is almost straight up from the wheel.

Really want to use the 8" wheels but I would hate to ruin the new paint job.

probably go with 205 / 50 s on the front 7" wheels

The wheels do look nice.

Attached Image

Attached Image

How much space do you need to fit the 225's under the fenders?

I was looking at the BF Goodrich G-force Comp2 A/S they are available in the sizes I need. (would like)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:04 AM