Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Louisville People, former 914 KY thread
bd1308
post May 8 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #41

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

Okay...UPDATE HERE!

Time: Noon till 5pm Eastern
Where: E.P Tom Sawyer Park
What are we doing:
*Fun-Run
*Show-Off
*Dinner
*Talk

When: Sunday May 22nd
RSVP asap.......

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 11 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #42

Sir Post-a-lot

where: E.P Tom Sawyer Park...off of Gene Snyder follow sign....exit 32 (Westport Rd.)
when: Sunday May 22, 2005 Noon till we all go home
what do you need to do: I need some food.....like meat and chips and coke and stuff....(I'm not 21..so i'm not drinking beer) but you all knock yourselves out.....(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
please tell me that your coming, unless you already have
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 11 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 2,432

if i dont have to tech for the kilkare IRAC autox ill try to be there. NOt sure if its a pca event or an IRAC and if i need to be there or not.
+Quote Post
robby750
post May 11 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 521
Region Association: South East States

I plan on being there but I need some directions to this park coming from Lexington.
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 12 2005, 07:11 AM
Post #45

Sir Post-a-lot

Okay, here we go.....find out how to get on 64 toward louisville, and then get onto Gene Snyder Expressway.....going north, usually you'll see a brown sign indicating the direction to Tom Sawyer Park...it's not hard to follow. exit 32, Westport Rd exit....follow westport rd. until you see two gas stations, and a home depot. at the light turn left, follow road and Tom Sawyer park is on the right.

From cinci, take I-71 south (IIRC) and follow it till you see the gene snyder exit, look for borwn sign it'll tell you which one to take(there's a north and south). I *THINK* it's the second one though. Follow above directions from gene snyder on.
+Quote Post
Engman
post May 12 2005, 07:56 AM
Post #46

Zoisite

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 475

I will be there - and I will bring some chips/ buns

Also - whoever travels the furthest to attend gets a free stainless stell pedal set! Sean - are you listening?

M
+Quote Post
Cano
post May 12 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 2,854
Region Association: None

I will be there, but the teener is up in the air. . .

As far as food goes, I can bring some grill goodies. Mark, are you bringing both burgers and dog/bratwurst buns? Anyone know how many people we are expecting so the amount of food can be guesstimated?

With it being a state park, I guess beer is out. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 12 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #48

Sir Post-a-lot

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) dunno....i know me and my girlfriend are coming and i'm bringing grill stuff,
+Quote Post
Cano
post May 13 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #49

OK, if Britt has the grill goods I suppose I can bring a cooler full of ice and drinks? I was thinking coke, diet coke, sprite and water? anything else?
+Quote Post
TBrads914
post May 13 2005, 07:08 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,838

Haven't been on the site for awhile but count me in. Let me know what to bring. The car won't be there as it is on stands now getting new running gear. Engine is in complete and running (thank God).

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 13 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #51

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Dude...a Van-Halen engine!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Jamie
post May 13 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 2,939

I would like to meet some of the other local teeners but the date conflicts with the KGAC Spring Arts show in Berea- maybe another time! And Ted- the engine paint scheme is "over the top!!"
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 13 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #53

Sir Post-a-lot

QUOTE (Cano @ May 13 2005, 06:25 AM)
OK, if Britt has the grill goods I suppose I can bring a cooler full of ice and drinks? I was thinking coke, diet coke, sprite and water? anything else?

sounds good to me...i'm bringing grill stuff too. I'm buying some 2 liters, some ice.....hey, question, do i need to call these people to rent a little hut thing, or just show up?
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 13 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #54

Sir Post-a-lot

okay called the park people.....I got us reserved for sunday@12....so we're good. I just have to come up with $60.......
+Quote Post
robby750
post May 13 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 521

Will you accept small cash donations?
+Quote Post
dwillouby
post May 16 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 29

I should be there. Fixed my brakes this weekend.
Hope it dosent rain.
David
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 16 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #57

Sir Post-a-lot

Okay, checked it with the park people.....$60 got us a all-day event at shelter #2....i'll be there from 10am on......park closes at 10pm, so we'll hang out. Bring drinks. but some members will be bringing some drinks....If i get another amp or something, we might have some good music, or else i'll just bring a boombox. My 914 will be doing inverter duty tho (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) restrooms are available either from the porta-potty or from inside the building. Water ia availble from the spicket, but bottled variety will also be available. Alcohol is well *cough* okay, just pour it into a cup or something*cough*.....I will have a jar or something for donations, but I won't charge admission. I just want to have some fun and talk on may 22nd. It'll be real easy going, and we can leave or whatever and drive or something. Cano, what road do recommend for the drive-a-thon? I was thinking the US22 stretch, but others might have other suggestions.....I will do this around the same time every year, so please bring everbody you can find. No need to RSVP though.....any questions or directions, please e-mail me driectly at britt2@reactornet.net...Thank you and please have fun! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

PS=I have included a scan of my reservation for the spot....i'll bring my 914, so the shelter thing will be easy to spot... see ya on sunday!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 16 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #58

Sir Post-a-lot

I will set this thing to e-mail me when its updated. does ANYBODY have ANY questions, comments or anything?

just bring some food and drinks, i have plates and cups and some meat, drinks......
grill is there, charcoal model.....so i have the charcoal and fluid covered too.

+Quote Post
Cano
post May 17 2005, 06:58 AM
Post #59

Sounds like everything is coming together. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif)

Britt, I defer to you as far as best road for the fun run. Covered Bridge Road and surroundings are also good. Even if I am able to bring the teener, it is doubtful that I will participate in the drive (tires have some rot and brake lights are not hooked up due to rear-end body work). Even so, if I can talk my brother into following me, and the weather is nice (NO RAIN) I will drive it over.

I hope all local members (as well as those not-so-local) can make this event. And thanks to Britt for bringing it all together. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 18 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #60

Sir Post-a-lot

okay, i need a headcount, just rough estimate as a coutesy to those who are bringing food. Like stated before, I will have a jar set out for monetary donations.....I will divy it out to the people who provided effort and $$ for food. sunday will be awesome.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:51 PM