Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rebuilt Alternator, Here We Go Again
914Sixer
post Oct 29 2016, 05:45 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I bought a rebuilt AC Delco rebuilt alternator because it was all I could find a couple of months ago. I checked it when it came and everything seemed to be correct. Well yesterday, I pulled it out to transfer the cover. Got the cover pulled off the old one and went to test fit to the AC Delco before painting. The posts of the newly rebuilt one were over 1/2 " too long. The next thing I saw was the diode plate was sticking up OVER the top of the housing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) The only thing to do was start disassembly of the back of the alternator. Lifted up diode plate and took off the too tall nuts holding the post and replaced them with thinner nuts. This let the diode plate drop below the housing. One problem solved and on to the wrong size bolts. I measured the length of the the ones from the old alternator and got out the cut off wheel and went to work. With the bolts cut off I was able to test fit every thing. What ever happened to plug and play???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 01:18 AM