Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bumblebee barn find
IronHillRestorations
post Feb 20 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #41

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Nice find!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Feb 24 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #42

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Feb 24 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #43

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 18 2017, 05:15 PM) *

I will answer that question thisway. I see too often dealers/flippers taking advantage of someone because they don't know what they have or what it's worth and that drives me nuts. I did the research and told the previous owner what they are trading for and offfered a fair price based on the work involved in getting it roadworthy. I bought it at a good value but a value that lets me sleep at night knowing that I didn't steal it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Perfect response, you are going to fit in well around here!
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Feb 24 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yes I like this guy already.

Great find, and Brad Mayeur is in Peoria at 914 Limited if you need anything. Looks like a potential survivor car. Enjoy it.

Don't try to start it until you change the fuel lines! The tank probably has some bad gas in it anyway. There is a great stainless setup available from Tangerine Racing.
+Quote Post
turbonet
post Feb 24 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 20,398
Region Association: Canada

Words cannot describe how jealous I am right now!!!
+Quote Post
MikeM
post Feb 24 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 11,733
Region Association: Canada

Turbonet...there's a few around still in Canada.
I bought this one last Sept. from a guy in Prince George.
Keep looking, they are out there!!!
MikeAttached Image
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 24 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 18,191

Thanks for all of the responses. In all of the early 911s I've come across as well as a couple 356s, this is the most rare and complete car I've been lucky enough to buy. I find myself more excited about it than most of the cars I've owned.

I've been out of town all week so I haven't had time to even get to my shop. The first order of business will definitely be replacing all of the fuel and brake lines as well as rebuilding the brakes etc. I'm sure the injection will need gone through as well. I will update as I make progress.

I'm not going to repaint or change anything on the car other than what's necessary to make it a dependable driver. I like the idea of driving it as I found it. Dents, scratches, and all.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 24 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 13,069

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 18 2017, 04:15 PM) *

I will answer that question thisway. I see too often dealers/flippers taking advantage of someone because they don't know what they have or what it's worth and that drives me nuts.

That's BS, people know what they have it's a frick'n Porsche 914 are you saying they don't have access to the internet? The local Library has internet access for free, my guess is you stole it and don't want to admit it. Let me guess you were an Altar Boy and Eagle Scout growing up. Lol!
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 24 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #49

Mike, I take it your a flipper? Otherwise you wouldn't take such offense at my statement. No, I was never an alter boy but I was in the Cub Scouts. Lol

It's not BS and I take offense at your accusation. I could have originally bought the car for $3k but after I did the research, I shared it with the previous owner. Then I made him another offer based on that information. It was SIGNIFICANTLY more. If you really need to know what I paid to make judgement on me then I don't need to know you.

And yes, People get screwed all the time. I've been into cars since all I could afford were matchbox cars. I don't screw people. A little karma goes a long way.
+Quote Post
914Next
post Feb 24 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 17,695

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 24 2017, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 18 2017, 04:15 PM) *

I will answer that question thisway. I see too often dealers/flippers taking advantage of someone because they don't know what they have or what it's worth and that drives me nuts.

That's BS, people know what they have it's a frick'n Porsche 914 are you saying they don't have access to the internet? The local Library has internet access for free, my guess is you stole it and don't want to admit it. Let me guess you were an Altar Boy and Eagle Scout growing up. Lol!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Feb 25 2017, 05:05 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

I admire your integrity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 24 2017, 09:36 PM) *

Mike, I take it your a flipper? Otherwise you wouldn't take such offense at my statement. No, I was never an alter boy but I was in the Cub Scouts. Lol

It's not BS and I take offense at your accusation. I could have originally bought the car for $3k but after I did the research, I shared it with the previous owner. Then I made him another offer based on that information. It was SIGNIFICANTLY more. If you really need to know what I paid to make judgement on me then I don't need to know you.

And yes, People get screwed all the time. I've been into cars since all I could afford were matchbox cars. I don't screw people. A little karma goes a long way.

+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 25 2017, 09:04 AM
Post #52

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 24 2017, 06:36 PM) *

Yeah I flipped a ton of Porsches on this website and others. It is my only source of income, got to feed the family!
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 25 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #53

Well Mike, im glad to know that you aren't a flipper and you have a day job. I have a day job too. I have the luxury of being able to afford to buy my cars without stealing them from people.

What gets me is why you felt the need to come on my thread and call me a liar when you don't even know me. Naturally, I chose to defend myself and I accused you of being something you are not. For that l, I apologize. You can see how I feel about your statement. I get to Chicago pretty regularly. I would like to extend an invitation to grab a beer or lunch sometime. I would be interested to see your cars as well. I think that if you knew me personally you would have not made the statement.
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 25 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #54

I snuck out to the shop again today. Not a lot of progress but I did clean up the interior. I think it turned out good. The carpet is in decent shape but it has that distinct rodent smell. Hopefully i can shampoo that out. Otherwise I will replace the carpets.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 25 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #55

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 25 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 25 2017, 09:18 AM) *

Well Mike, im glad to know that you aren't a flipper and you have a day job. I have a day job too. I have the luxury of being able to afford to buy my cars without stealing them from people.

What gets me is why you felt the need to come on my thread and call me a liar when you don't even know me. Naturally, I chose to defend myself and I accused you of being something you are not. For that l, I apologize. You can see how I feel about your statement. I get to Chicago pretty regularly. I would like to extend an invitation to grab a beer or lunch sometime. I would be interested to see your cars as well. I think that if you knew me personally you would have not made the statement.

No worries just pullin your "Newbie" chain. Let me know when you are coming up this way, there are some good cars and coffee's in this area and a lot of 914 guys. Check this website out: https://fuelfed.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post
wndsnd
post Feb 25 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #57

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

I know Bgyglfr, and will tell you all he is a sincere and honest guy. I bought my engine from him, more than fair, and he delivered it to Hershey for me. We have shared a beer and have kept in touch through the years. I know what he could have got the car for as we have discussed it over the last year. I also know what he paid for it and he was more than fair to the PO..

Guys, looks like he found a nice car at a fair price. I hope he gets it running and brings it to Hershey this year.

+Quote Post
Bgyglfr
post Feb 26 2017, 07:57 AM
Post #58

Thanks John, I'm going to do my best to get out to Hershey. Should be a fun road trip in this car. What I'm really looking forward to is a ride in your car. It's got to be incredible with the work you put into that motor.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Feb 26 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 25 2017, 06:41 PM) *

I snuck out to the shop again today. Not a lot of progress but I did clean up the interior. I think it turned out good. The carpet is in decent shape but it has that distinct rodent smell. Hopefully i can shampoo that out. Otherwise I will replace the carpets.
Attached Image

I've had great luck washing rugs with supermarket carpet shampoo.
If your rugs are not worn out or threadbare remove them and lay them out in the driveway.
Follow the directions for the shampoo using warm water and scrub away.
Rinse w/fresh water and hang out to dry.
You'll be surprised.
Oh yeah, nice car !
+Quote Post
87m491
post Feb 26 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

5 will get you 10 that the smell is not just the carpets. Rodents love places under cover and tight. Check all the heater hoses, vents and of course the fan housing. Good luck!

QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 25 2017, 03:41 PM) *

Attached Image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:38 PM