Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which GT is better?
ConeDodger
post Sep 7 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #61

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 8 2017, 12:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 3 2017, 04:49 PM) *

I see the white car landing on a number north of $55K before the auction ends. It is a conversion and in the end, the real six will always be worth more. Both are very well done. The white car could use a GT front valence. If you are truly in the market, reach a little deeper and get the six. With probably less than 2000 of them left, I think the value still has some growing room.

I was wrong. Gotta work on my accuracy...

Off by $3001.00 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Sold for $52K!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mercurial
post Sep 11 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 21,388
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 4 2017, 08:49 AM) *

I don't like the flares but that would be a decent price even if the car had started out as a 4. He has a lot into that car. Add GT flares and you are good to go.

QUOTE(jmz @ Sep 4 2017, 07:45 PM) *

...the blue car is a serial numbered six and that has a certain panache and you will take a fair amount of pride in knowing that. Sure it is probably missing a few original parts but if that bothered you it can be remedied. I'd like to know more about the specs of the engine.

The white car is gorgeous. I know the car and witnessed the build. ...truly rust free and has some nice touches. ...just finding a rust free 914 or one that has been made rust free is a big deal.
I like that it has a 2.0. I'd rather have a small displacement high revving engine in a six GT style car than a motronic 3.2

The orange car with the 2.8 if it the engine is built right would be my choice of cars if I was just choosing based on engines. I'd rather have a 2.8 high strung motor than a 3.2 any day!

The black car. ...bought right and then 2-3K in metal work adding GT flares would be cool too. I am a big fan of the 915 conversion but that is just me. ...it's not a cheap modification either.

Good Luck and have fun.

Hi everyone,

I just closed the deal on the black car! (Previously owned by dheinz)

1970 914-6

As discussed in this thread, I took a really close look at the mexico blue car, the orange car for sale at NW Euro, and was seriously considering bidding on the white car on BAT with $55k being my max. In the end, I knew the black car was the right one for me for these main reasons:

-It's a real 6!
-3.2 engine w/ 915 transmission (both completely rebuilt)
-Clear title
-Verified rust free
-It's a car I can drive
-Bought at the right price

On top of this, the car comes with an extra set of wheels: OEM 16" Fuchs, 7's and 9's!

I can't thank you all enough for sharing your knowledge, experience, and advice! I took every comment to heart, and I had fun digesting the information which really helped in my evaluation process. I know there's tons more to learn, and I'm looking forward to taking that journey with this car, on this great forum, that's loaded with amazing 914 enthusiasts!

As you can imagine, I already have a list of mods that I'd like to have done (steel flares being one of the first). I'll be throwing a bunch of questions your way as I start and progress through my mod list. Don't worry, I'll make sure to do a search first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

For now, I just want to drive and enjoy the car for a while. Looking forward to being a part of the 914 fold!
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 11 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Congratulations and welcome to the 914 club ownership!

Tony
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 11 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #64

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Make that factory six world
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 11 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #65

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Very nice Hot Rod VW-Porsche
Enjoy and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Bob B
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 11 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

LOL! I thought about that but didn't want to exclude the f-o-u-r brethren!

Tony

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 11 2017, 06:26 PM) *

+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:10 AM