Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What made you want to get a 914?, I will start
bretth
post Sep 6 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,882
Region Association: Southwest Region

I got one because they are air cooled, the price was right, and I had a little garage space to spare.

EDIT: Didn't hurt that when I was test driving my 914 I kept hearing "Nice car" from passing drivers.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gandalf_025
post Sep 6 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 10,509
Region Association: North East States

1973, I was 18 and wanted a new 750 Honda.. My parents said..
Buy a nice car instead... I already had 3 cars.. But said SURE..
My dad knew the owner of the Local VW/ Porsche Dealership.
I went there and saw a 6 that had just been traded in..
My dad co-signed the loan... still sitting out in the garage..
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dredwin
post Sep 6 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 16,783
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

As a kid, I always liked the shape until I was "corrected" that the 911 was THE Porsche to own, not the 914. Granted he was a drug dealer and had a 911 with Turbo flares/whale tail and it was crazy fast so I get why he thought that way about a 914. But it was my first love and always in the back of my mind. My middle school teacher also had one and she was pretty cool so that added to me wanting one.

When I was looking for a car for my kid, I started snooping around at 914s and bought one off a member here. Felt sort of bad that I gave my kid my beat up car while I bought my dream car but you should never argue with someone giving you a free car so I bought my 914. After reading that many people have multiple 914s, I thought that would never be me since I couldn't fabricate another reason to get another...but I'm smarter than I look and convinced my wife that the "finished" car I bought from Renegade hybrid would save me 5-10 years of having my original car on blocks. And I could sell the all original 914 to help offset the cost of my new 914. So it took less than a few months before my wife questioned my decision to sell my original 914 and it would eventually be hers when all the bugs were worked out and it would start reliably.

So I am living the dream...understanding (and slightly gullible) wife and 2 dream cars (one original, the other crazy fast). And to think, I was also looking at Miata's as my mid life crisis cars...not bad cars but I'd imagine one ever says "what is that car" like they do my 914s every time I stop to get gas or go to the store.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:58 AM