Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PMB delivery times, when do I start panicing?
flippa
post Oct 1 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,720
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Oct 1 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #102

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Make the earth flat again.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Oct 1 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195
Region Association: Southern California

I really wanted to keep out of this thread but I gotta say......

Dude that is one dirty washing machine......rotfl: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 1 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #104

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(AndyB @ Oct 1 2017, 07:01 PM) *
You willing to give an admin timeout for realeasing personal information to the public on a public forum? Yeah didn't think so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Releasing "Personal Information" by asking who the other person is and mentioning a name to get some clarification?

Now you are really grasping for straws ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 1 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #105

Member No.: 18,123
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 1 2017, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(AndyB @ Oct 1 2017, 07:01 PM) *
You willing to give an admin timeout for realeasing personal information to the public on a public forum? Yeah didn't think so. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Releasing "Personal Information" by asking who the other person is and mentioning a name to get some clarification?

Now you are really grasping for straws ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Andy,
BS
you can't in your wildest set of mental gymnastics actually believe that calling me out by first and last name - more than once , was an attempt to "get Clarification". no way are you that ignorant. Plain ans simple, and you know it, it was an attempt at intimidation and hoping to incite retaliation.

I understand you think you are defending a friend. No problem, maybe you can get him to deliver the calipers I have paid for? perhaps that would be a good way to end this conversation?
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 1 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #106

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Oct 1 2017, 02:59 PM) *

Continued response is what calwaterbear wants it appears so if responses stop it will slowly sink to the bottom and be forgotten.

This has gone on way too long IMHO

You are correct, I will continue to defend myself from any and all personal attacks!
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 1 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #107

QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 1 2017, 04:05 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) he won't give up and has shown his real personality ....its just over really.

exactly right, and thank you so much for the compliment. I do not give up, and I will ALWAYS defend myself from personal attacks!
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 1 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #108

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 1 2017, 07:37 PM) *

I really wanted to keep out of this thread but I gotta say......

Dude that is one dirty dryer...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
Attached Image

really nice, I hope mine - whenever they arrive look like that!
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 1 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #109

Resident German

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 1 2017, 07:56 PM) *
it was an attempt at intimidation and hoping to incite retaliation

As far as i can tell the only one trying to "incite" anything is you. No gymnastics needed.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 1 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #110

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 1 2017, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 1 2017, 07:56 PM) *
it was an attempt at intimidation and hoping to incite retaliation

As far as i can tell the only one trying to "incite" anything is you. No gymnastics needed.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
You are smarter than that Andy!
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 1 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #111

Resident German

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 1 2017, 08:09 PM) *

You clearly have me mistaken for someone else!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Oct 1 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 2 2017, 04:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Oct 1 2017, 08:09 PM) *

You clearly have me mistaken for someone else!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I just need to reply cause I was laughing SO much,well put.
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Oct 2 2017, 01:06 AM
Post #113

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

What the hell, might as well throw my thoughts in here.

1. Pick up the phone before posting something that could be potentially damaging to someones business.

2. Anonymity on the Internet is BS when you are posting something potentially damaging about someones business. Not only do i think it is OK that the customer name was posted I feel it should be mandatory to do so for multiple reasons. Whos to say what the intentions of the OP were but having his name out there at least levels the playing field. This provides a level of safety against say, someone from a competing business trying to harm their competition. Or maybe this guy has a track record of being a bad/difficult customer. If this is the case perhaps another vendor would speak up about it as well. If not, well his name is out there now so we will see what the future brings. Good to get things on record. If anything Eric give his post some validity by providing the details so we know its not just another troll with an imaginary problem.

3. Doesn't matter what business you are in, sometimes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) happens. My daughters monthly "little passports" shipment didn't make it to my house this month. We called them, they fixed it for us. That is how these things work.

and last but probably my favorite:

4. @AndyB you said you have seen it first hand where PMB wouldn't fill an order. Wish I could have seen that first hand because with what I (and I imagine most people) have seen of Eric is that for him to do something like that you must have really pissed him off and I have to imagine the level of asshattery required to get him to that point would be fairly entertaining. See my comment#2 about bad customers. Given the amount I have seen Eric give at his expense to his customers, this community, our local Porsche club, and the larger automotive culture in general, I find it very hard to believe that he is going around trying to profit by stiffing people for $10 caliper cores. A part of me wants wants to get to the bottom of the problems you and your associates allegedly had but given it seems you would rather gripe on the internet than solve them yourself I don't think i really care.

Also you seem to be more than happy to jump on the anonymous potentially damaging trash talking bandwagon here. If I was to say I had multiple friends who told me you get a little to friendly with preteen girls do you think people would give that much weight? Why should they? Nothing to back it. Sure is easy to just say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) on the internet.

If this thread gets shutdown its because it started out absolutely fuching retarded and just devolved from there not because it has to do with a vendor/admin. I think the fact that it hasn't already flies in the face of your implications.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Oct 2 2017, 04:45 AM
Post #114

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

JamesM - Please quote specifically in the OP's first 4 posts where he stated anything "damaging" about the vendor.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post Oct 2 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #115

James,
lets review here!
This all started when I asked forum members here what was the normal reply/ delivery time! Thats it - that simple. Could i have picked up the phone and asked Eric? sure , but before i bothered him, I figured why not ask those with experience here, what i should be expecting.

You can disagreee with me coming to the forum first, i thought it was supposed to be a source of information, and experience, many others here disagreed with my process, thinking i should have went to Eric first. I really think either approach is appropriate, others here have different thoughts.

Now - lets move on: Thanks to one of the civil responses to my question - it was obvious that there was an issue. Now - I had reason to call Eric.

So I did, he looked it up , said somehow the shipping guy had missed the paid invoice, and he would get the calipers out immediately - via USPS.

Excellent, I thanked him, and thought the issue was solved.

At that point Eric and many others here started spewing their vitriol, jumping down my throat - simply because they disagreed with my coming to the forum and asking a simple question. lets not forget that question lead to the understanding that there was an issue with my order.

From that point on, the Eric Minions and Eric himself put themselves into attack mode.

funny, you would think since it was my "error" to not contact him directly first , either by phone or email, they would have followed that procedure, turns out not so much eh!

As for my intentions: they have always been pretty clear, to get my calipers back - how evil is that! and do i have a "history" of being a "bad customer"? maybe Eric can comment on that - heres a hint - first time user of PMB, said several times how impressed i was by their work - so obvioulsy I must have some sort of long history of being a douche bag! right!

As far as it being valid that Eric posted my full name at least twice - as being

" validity by providing the details so we know its not just another troll with an imaginary problem"

perhaps while he was at it, he could also add in the details that they messed up, hadn't shipped the calipers (BTW still have not recieved them, I'm assuming - hoping Eric followed through and did get them shipped out last week - but since he priovided no verification of that, no elail, no tracking number etc i just have to take him at his word)

You know to "ADD Validity" to the issue!

I know stuff happens, no big deal, I got on the phone, Eric figured out the problem, I thought we were all moving forward. However, Eric chose to go a different way in resolving this conflict. That is his perogative. he made that decision - he owns it, and now we are 6 or 7 pages into this ridiculous discussion!

his choice - he owns the consequences of his decision.

i will continue to debate this as long as anyone else is willing to participate. Thats my decision - and I do own it!

Hopefully, when I go home this afternoon, my calipers will have arrived, and we can put that issue to bed. we shall see!

QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 2 2017, 12:06 AM) *

What the hell, might as well throw my thoughts in here.

1. Pick up the phone before posting something that could be potentially damaging to someones business.

2. Anonymity on the Internet is BS when you are posting something potentially damaging about someones business. Not only do i think it is OK that the customer name was posted I feel it should be mandatory to do so for multiple reasons. Whos to say what the intentions of the OP were but having his name out there at least levels the playing field. This provides a level of safety against say, someone from a competing business trying to harm their competition. Or maybe this guy has a track record of being a bad/difficult customer. If this is the case perhaps another vendor would speak up about it as well. If not, well his name is out there now so we will see what the future brings. Good to get things on record. If anything Eric give his post some validity by providing the details so we know its not just another troll with an imaginary problem.

3. Doesn't matter what business you are in, sometimes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) happens. My daughters monthly "little passports" shipment didn't make it to my house this month. We called them, they fixed it for us. That is how these things work.

and last but probably my favorite:

4. @AndyB you said you have seen it first hand where PMB wouldn't fill an order. Wish I could have seen that first hand because with what I (and I imagine most people) have seen of Eric is that for him to do something like that you must have really pissed him off and I have to imagine the level of asshattery required to get him to that point would be fairly entertaining. See my comment#2 about bad customers. Given the amount I have seen Eric give at his expense to his customers, this community, our local Porsche club, and the larger automotive culture in general, I find it very hard to believe that he is going around trying to profit by stiffing people for $10 caliper cores. A part of me wants wants to get to the bottom of the problems you and your associates allegedly had but given it seems you would rather gripe on the internet than solve them yourself I don't think i really care.

Also you seem to be more than happy to jump on the anonymous potentially damaging trash talking bandwagon here. If I was to say I had multiple friends who told me you get a little to friendly with preteen girls do you think people would give that much weight? Why should they? Nothing to back it. Sure is easy to just say (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) on the internet.

If this thread gets shutdown its because it started out absolutely fuching retarded and just devolved from there not because it has to do with a vendor/admin. I think the fact that it hasn't already flies in the face of your implications.

+Quote Post
iankarr
post Oct 2 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #116

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749

Alright, I'll jump in. As is the case with many things in life, context is everything.

It's one thing to post a question to the board about typical turnaround times...but a thread titled "PMB delivery times...when do I start panicking?" implies that 1) a significant amount of time has passed, 2) you've already attempted to find out what's delaying your order, and 3) you're now turning to the community for answers because you couldn't find them using other means. If your thread had been titled "Should I call PMB about my order or just sit tight?" (which is really what you wanted to ask) I think this would've died before reaching page 2. Putting "PMB", "panic" and "delivery" in the same sentence is, I believe, what started this craziness.

At the risk of making this inkspot larger, I won't comment on the Pandora's box of other issues this thread has opened.

Bottom line, the WAY you ask a question is just as important as the question itself. I don't think anyone has a problem with WHAT you wanted to know...but the way it was framed implied a problem that didn't (yet) exist, and thus wasn't consistent with the unspoken rules of forum etiquette.

Just my .02....

+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 2 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #117

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

Have you all seen my new wristwatch?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Oct 2 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #118

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749

I sure was hoping my not-so-hidden superpower for killing threads woulda worked here. That said...

Ya know, New Orleans has amazing food....
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Oct 2 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #119

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Eric and many others here started spewing their vitriol, jumping down my throat

Wait... what? I've been extremely civil throughout. Like you, I was simply defending my position. I have a business that depends on these very people here to survive.
Please re-read my posts. The only time I even looked "slightly" cross-eyed at you was when I said it was kinda weird that you, of all customers, (whom we'd been trying to get payment from for four months) would start a thread like this. You actually made our white board in our morning meetings as we went through our "open order reports". Shipping was asked repeatedly if there was any response from you... (afraid to say your name anymore lest I be accused of slander for your actions). Seriously, your name was plastered on our white board for over two weeks. Finally your calipers ended up on a reserve location in the shipping area. Once payment was made, we were actually unaware because we had no initial order to tie it to. We had to go back five months to the original invoice to apply the payment. I'M NOT MAD OR TRYING TO JUMP DOWN YOUR THROAT. I believe these facts are relevant to this thread.

And so, now I'm spewing vitriol and jumping down your throat? And, me posting your name is somehow a calculated attack on you?? Wow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Our story is this (yours may differ, that's OK):

1. Your order was fairly common. There were some extra cores to apply toward payment which we ironed out and resolved.

2. Your order was ready for shipment and we attempted to contact you "many" times (I mistakenly parroted what my guys told me... shocked when they found out you had started a thread about our timelessness, they spewed out raw/emotional numbers like "I emailed that guy every day" etc.). After four months of contacting you for payment, we basically back-burnered your order.

3. When you finally did pay, there were no flags for shipment because the order was now 5 months old. For this reason, it's a very good thing you called (thank you) as we wouldn't have applied this payment "or shipped the order" until our bookkeeper closed out the month and found the order to apply it to which still hasn't happened.

Again, I will state, for the record; there is no malice here. I'm not spewing vitriol or jumping down anyone's throat. I am stating my side of this issue, as you have stated yours. You were treated kindly, cordially and with the utmost respect over the phone as well. I'm really taken aback by the way you've now wanted to turn this against me.

JamesM - Please quote specifically in the OP's first 4 posts where he stated anything "damaging" about the vendor.

If I may Len, that would be in the title "PMB delivery times, when do I start panicing?".

This is where my business started, this is where my business lives and this is what puts food on my table. I thank everyone here for my success every day. PMB Performance started right here with one pair of calipers. So Len, if potential customers are concerned that they would have to "Panic" before they get their uber valuable 914-6 rear calipers back, that can be damaging. Does that make sense?

I care. I honestly lose sleep at night over things like this. Do we make mistakes? You can bet your ass we do. Daily. I lose sleep over those too. Do I do everything in my power as the owner of this business, as a fellow 914 owner, as a guy who's been f'd in the past by vendors who don't care, I repeat, do I do everything in my power to fix these mistakes? You can bet your ass I do. For those who have a real grievance and have not contacted me, I can't help you. For those of you who have a real grievance and want to contact me I am available here with a PM, I am eric@pmbperformance, I am PMB Performance on Facebook, I am PMB_Performance on Instagram and I am PMBPerformance on twitter. I am also extension 101 here at 855-STOP-101 (855-786-7101). AndyB, you can contact me and I will do my best to resolve your issues or continue to be angry over whatever may have happened to you and "others".

To the "OP". Again, there is no malice here. I am not angry with or at you. You took a very long time to pay your bill. Your invoice actually fell off our 90 day past due radar. For that reason, we didn't get the flag that this was a shipping priority now. This is not a "tit-for tat". We weren't "holding your order" as some vengeance for the time it took to get paid. I hope you understand and I hope that makes sense to you and all so we can put this to rest.

Regarding the "name" issue. I needed to look up an order and a problem based upon "Calwaterbear" so, when we put two and two together here, I was actually excited that I could put a name to a screenname. I had no thoughts about you wanting to remain anonymous in this situation. You can chose to believe what you want but, that's my feeling on the subject. Lying about this would get me nowhere.

We do have a fundamental variance on how this should have been handled. I do think a phone call would have been in order prior to sending out a thread stating that you were about to panic over our delivery times. I've read your thoughts on this and I can see your side as well, it appears you were just testing the waters here to see if we're a sketchy vendor or not. And, while I may not agree with the tactic, I can understand it.

Can we please put this to rest? This is a non-issue at this point. The OP has said his piece, I've said mine. If you think I get preferential treatment as an admin., you guys don't know Andy very well at all. I do not get, nor do I expect to get preferential treatment here.

The name calling, people being temporarily banned, etc. This is not what 914World is gang. This is not what caused me to, literally, fall in love with this site and the people here. This site is an escape from people behaving badly. This site is an escape from politics. This is a place where we can share the love of these cars and help and support one another. Please stop. Please practice respect for one another. This is beyond stupid.

Peace-Out.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Oct 2 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #120

Resident German

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 2 2017, 08:53 AM) *
... people being temporarily banned ...

Just to clarify, nobody actually got banned, temporarily or otherwise.
I was simply trying to make a point by asking about a theoretical ban.

With that said, this thread is closed ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:00 AM