Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lightened Doors, My trusty sawzall gets in on this one 2
Seventyfive914
post May 22 2005, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,249

Hello All. Ever persistant in my endevor to lighten my car, I have been eye-balling the inner structures of my later production year doors and decided that they needed to go. So I fired up my various saws and cutting implemments and removed the interior door panel from my drivers door to gain access to the offending ballast. After some doing and just a little bad language, "whala!" out comes an eleven and a half pound boat anchor. I weighed my door sans the inner structure and it tips the scales at a mere 16 pounds. I havent figured out what I want to do about the interior door release. I may weld in a post to attach it too, or just leave it off for now. Either way when I finish off the doors I'll cut a solid panel from some aluminum sheet and install it for a nice clean appearance and to give the door a little structural integrity back, it's pretty flexy now but Light! Just a quick final question, the doors don't add any structural rigidity or strength to the tub do they? Even if they do in the stock configuration, I'm going to install a full cage and tie the whole car together eventually but it would be good to know if I actually get the car to the point where I might consider driving it before the cage is complete. Sorry for getting so windy. Thanks, -K-
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TimT
post May 22 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #2

retired

Member No.: 313

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
URY914
post May 22 2005, 04:41 PM
Post #3

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

BTDT (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Go with F'Glass skins to really drop the weight. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Paul
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:04 PM