Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An original GT!
ArtechnikA
post Jun 23 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #41

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

well - i just got a very nice response from Susann Miller, who does recall having seen the car. i'm sure Susann is quite the expert on the subjects she's written about, especially with the research fresh. however - IMO her 914 knowledge has a few gaps... i'll try to mention this discretely to her if we're able to meet during Parade this week.

she is probably the source for the (mis)information that the glass flares were factory parts... she does agree that the PO was misinformed when he claimed that they were factory installed.

if you check out the current status of "questions to seller" you'll see that the guy is truly clueless (IMO of course...) and not interested in hearing any information that would contradict his preconceived notion of "reality."

i think it *could* be an interesting and fun sunbelt car but IMO it's starting out at least $1000 overpriced...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jun 23 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #42

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

This is getting pretty interesting. I originally just posted it to make fun of the guy and the car. You guys are good! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jun 23 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #43

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Those flares look like a really, really bad boob job.

M
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jun 23 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #44

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

Glass, steel...who cares what they are. Either way one look tells you they aren't even close to the factory flares. Funny that the seller and his "expert" can't see that. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jun 23 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #45

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

the problem with "expertise" is that the field is so huge. you want to be "The Expert" on All Things Porsche, you start with 1500+ page Excellence Was Expected and then go read another couple hundred references. (and you can still be blindsided by a particular car that might have been the subject of a production-line experiment, or a special order, or simply a mistake...)

i'm pretty much clueless on 968's, for example. i would hate to think that due to whatever level of expertise i am percieved to have in the 914.6/LH 911 area an offhand remark i might make about a 968 i happen to see as "The Pronouncement Of The Expert."

so - Susann is well-known and respected in her field - which is not 914's.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 23 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #46

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I'm an expert in my field.
It's just the field is so damn small.

The seller has no clue and the car is overpriced.

Boy there's somin' new. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

Paul
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jun 23 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #47

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

"so I begin most of the time from second gear. Could be just an adjustment - have not checked it out. Otherwise mechanically fine"

No problem there. I bet he doesn't know where first gear is. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Paul
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:12 AM