Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages V « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> West Coast Ramble (WCR) June 7-9 2019:, That's a Wrap!
wes
post Jun 10 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #601

wes

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

Absolutely great event thanks to all for your hard work and planning can’t imagine how it could’ve been any better. Although I’ve been to a number of the WCR’s this was the first event that I’ve actually been able to join in with my car finally being finished and even better bringing my son Winston along after all he’s 12 years old time to get him involved.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jun 10 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #602

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark

...I'll catch you at the next WCR Mark, I was able to make it to the Super Car Sunday but must have missed you !
Marty
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 10 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #603

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 10 2019, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark

...I'll catch you at the next WCR Mark, I was able to make it to the Super Car Sunday but must have missed you !
Marty

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jun 10 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #604

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

It was great meeting new people, putting actual human faces with screen names.

I'll never win any award for anything, but my raffle record speaks for itself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Many thanks to Oscar, his wife, Jeffrey, SoCalAndy, and Jerry's wife.

Those people worked their asses off, and made the event a truly memorable weekend.

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude.

I had fun and we did 914s this weekend. THANK YOU!!!
+Quote Post
R8CERX
post Jun 10 2019, 08:40 PM
Post #605

2014 New year resolution: To get along with Woody...

Member No.: 15,972

To the Organizers, the Sponsors and the great folks that I finally got to meet in person...Thank you ALL for such a great weekend!

Amazing cars, so many takes on the power plants and the colors!

Everyone has pride in ownership and love the humbleness from everyone that shared your stories and for me to understand all the technical jargon!

You guys all rock! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Looking forward to future events and gatherings--- from just some of us hanging out, to getting a lot of us for a canyon, desert or mountain drives! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

R8CER X (aka Felix)
+Quote Post
sb914
post Jun 10 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #606

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2019, 07:35 PM) *

Those people worked their asses off, and made the event a truly memorable weekend.

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jun 10 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #607

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

Dude....I haven't been to any WCR, So cheers to the best one yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
echocanyons
post Jun 10 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #608

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

A huge thank you to all of the organizers who made this event such a great success.

Thanks to all of the great people in attendance and the excellent photographers.

Such a great weekend!Attached Image

Thanks for thinking of my car for the best wide body award (it’s the signal orange one in this shot)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jun 10 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #609

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Regarding setting the watch.. remove black plastic piece with a screwdriver. You will then notice the standard pocket watch, pull out stem, turn to adjust and push back in when done. Thanks again for the cool trophy!
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Jun 10 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #610

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 10 2019, 08:38 PM) *

Regarding setting the watch.. remove black plastic piece with a screwdriver. You will then notice the standard pocket watch, pull out stem, turn to adjust and push back in when done. Thanks again for the cool trophy!

Steve is correct

Oscar

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Jun 10 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #611

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

Just wanted to chime in with some final thoughts and to thank the following people and apologies upfront if I have forgotten anyone:

Andy & Oscar as co-organizers. You couldn’t ask for a better team. Beautiful Awards, Great T-shirts, Paypal & Gmail Set Up and everything that went into making this possible.

Our lovely registration ladies Elvira & Francine for keeping us organized throughout the event.

T-Shirt Designs by @oldschool

@bdstone914 & Wes for judging and their informative tech sessions!

Our awesome event sponsors, whether in attendance or not, these guys really stepped up: 914 Rubber, 914 Werke, Driven Racing Oil, MSDS, PMB Performance, Sierra Madre & Stoddard. Thank you for your continued support of the community!

Our Route Scouts, Communications Team and Sweep Cars: @914-300hemi @914_teener @robarabian It’s no small task not to lose a single car on the way! Shout out to Cal Trans & Google Earth too!

sunroofdelete @cuddy_k @Matty900 for their photography, video & drone footage that will always keep the memories of the weekend fresh in our minds. Stand by for uploads to 914 World in the near future.

Everyone who attended from locals to those up and down the coast and beyond with special mention to the Utah crew of trailer queens and of course the east coast contingent @cuddy_k & dgfriedman @mepstein Hope you enjoyed how we roll out here!

The team of Margie & Paul for your enthusiasm and presenting us with color correct 914 pillows as gifts!

The Marriott Monrovia, Newcomb’s Ranch, Bella Serra, the CHP, Dustin Troyan & Super Car Sunday, Neptune’s Net

And of course, to spend time with @SirAndy and have our fearless leader partake in the festivities was beyond awesome and we thank you for spending the weekend with all of us.

At the end of the day its all of you and your participation that made this such a great event! Truly this was a rewarding experience to jump in with Andy & Oscar to facilitate this for the community!

Only thing left to do now is complete my project and get to enjoy my 914, it’s been too long already. Hope to see you all again on a twisty road sometime soon………

Drive safely my friends! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

---

Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jun 11 2019, 08:31 AM
Post #612

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2019, 07:35 PM) *

It was great meeting new people, putting actual human faces with screen names.

I'll never win any award for anything, but my raffle record speaks for itself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jun 11 2019, 08:39 AM
Post #613

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

"I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest."

I don't, I'd rather win raffles (or Powerball!!!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Jun 11 2019, 08:47 AM
Post #614

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 07:39 AM) *

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest. happy11.gif

I don't, I'd rather win raffles (or Powerball!!!)

Larmo is the Raffle King.

I'd take him to Vegas any day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Jun 11 2019, 09:00 AM
Post #615

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Great photos and trophies!

Glad us other-coasters could on-line attend via these threads
+Quote Post
Chi-town
post Jun 11 2019, 09:04 AM
Post #616

Member No.: 22,446

Thanks again to all involved, great event!

Oscar And Jeffrey were great and had it handled like pros (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

And to all the doubters, I sold the car Sunday morning that I drove Friday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Jun 11 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #617

Member No.: 21,596

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:12 PM) *

Just wanted to chime in with some final thoughts and to thank the following people and apologies upfront if I have forgotten anyone:

Andy & Oscar as co-organizers. You couldn’t ask for a better team. Beautiful Awards, Great T-shirts, Paypal & Gmail Set Up and everything that went into making this possible.

Our lovely registration ladies Elvira & Francine for keeping us organized throughout the event.

T-Shirt Designs by @oldschool

@bdstone914 & Wes for judging and their informative tech sessions!

Our awesome event sponsors, whether in attendance or not, these guys really stepped up: 914 Rubber, 914 Werke, Driven Racing Oil, MSDS, PMB Performance, Sierra Madre & Stoddard. Thank you for your continued support of the community!

Our Route Scouts, Communications Team and Sweep Cars: @914-300hemi @914_teener @robarabian It’s no small task not to lose a single car on the way! Shout out to Cal Trans & Google Earth too!

sunroofdelete @cuddy_k @Matty900 for their photography, video & drone footage that will always keep the memories of the weekend fresh in our minds. Stand by for uploads to 914 World in the near future.

Everyone who attended from locals to those up and down the coast and beyond with special mention to the Utah crew of trailer queens and of course the east coast contingent @cuddy_k & dgfriedman @mepstein Hope you enjoyed how we roll out here!

The team of Margie & Paul for your enthusiasm and presenting us with color correct 914 pillows as gifts!

The Marriott Monrovia, Newcomb’s Ranch, Bella Serra, the CHP, Dustin Troyan & Super Car Sunday, Neptune’s Net

And of course, to spend time with @SirAndy and have our fearless leader partake in the festivities was beyond awesome and we thank you for spending the weekend with all of us.

At the end of the day its all of you and your participation that made this such a great event! Truly this was a rewarding experience to jump in with Andy & Oscar to facilitate this for the community!

Only thing left to do now is complete my project and get to enjoy my 914, it’s been too long already. Hope to see you all again on a twisty road sometime soon………

Drive safely my friends! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

---

Attached Image

We are a unique group with a fun hobby, made all the more outstanding by the volunteers that make these events happen, who we owe a great vote of thanks to. This posting above covers all the contributions for which I am very thankful. Again, thanks; Jeffry, Oscar, Andy, Elvira, Francine for your generous efforts that made all of this possible.
Keith - 914Toy.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jun 11 2019, 09:10 AM
Post #618

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 9 2019, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 9 2019, 06:38 PM) *

I believed I saw SirAndy’s car heading north of I-5 around 4:40pm a few miles before I-580. I’m heading back to SoCal after a 4 days in Sacramento.

@ndfrigi

Yepp, that was us!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I knew it’s you @sirandy . and after seeing your car, been watching the north side if I will see more 914s like Elliot’s car. We even stop on those gas stations that north and south road has access just to see if I can see more who stop for a break. Well I didn’t see any 914 who attended WCR.

thanks again for your continued support especially for this site.

+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jun 11 2019, 09:13 AM
Post #619

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Many thanks for Oscar, Jeff and Andy. While I.ve known most of the group for a while, it is always great meeting new people and sharing their enthusiasim for these cars.

On the pre-run drive Sat while scouting for some vistas for pictures I spotted a lone Cayman with New York plates. Guy had just moved out from the East Coast for work.

We drove up to the top....enthusiastically.....and waited for the group to drive up from miles away. It was quite a sight.

I turned to him and said " you won.t see that very often" He just grinned.

Thanks for the great weekend everyone and especially the organizers, and letting me hang out.

Rob
+Quote Post
drem914
post Jun 11 2019, 11:29 AM
Post #620

Member No.: 9,062

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 10 2019, 09:22 PM) *
Steve is correct

Oscar

Thanks for the informative photos and description. Now back on West Coast time for the clock. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post

34 Pages V « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:03 PM