Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
Chris914n6
post Sep 9 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #541

Jackstands are my life.

Group: Members
Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(914e @ Sep 6 2020, 07:17 PM) *

We have had close to two+ months over 110F this summer. Two weeks of over 115F. No rain to speak of, we normally have thunderstorms most of August. Last summer broke heat records, this summer almost doubled those records. After 55 47 years it might be time to move.

^^ What he said (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) almost +10F over average for the whole summer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 10 2020, 01:29 AM
Post #542

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Pulled a muscle or knocked a vertebrae in my lower back out of place yesterday (Wed.), so went to see my chiropractor. Made a couple of adjustments and stuck me on the roller table with an ice pack under my back for about 20 minutes (holiday on ice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) - feeling much better now, but not ready to do anything too strenuous just yet - let it heal up a bit more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

So, what to do with the down time? ... performed a set-up session on the new Jaguar (not the car) ... plays well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) ... it has totally different sound than any of my other axes.

Woke up to find that the local fires dropped a ton (well, a half-ton) of ash on everything. With the nightly marine layer and the ash, it fuched-up all the recently washed vehicles sitting outside (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... oh well, at least the daytime temperatures came down a little.

+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Sep 20 2020, 05:28 AM
Post #543

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 10 2020, 12:29 AM) *

Pulled a muscle or knocked a vertebrae in my lower back out of place yesterday (Wed.), so went to see my chiropractor. Made a couple of adjustments and stuck me on the roller table with an ice pack under my back for about 20 minutes (holiday on ice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) - feeling much better now, but not ready to do anything too strenuous just yet - let it heal up a bit more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

So, what to do with the down time? ... performed a set-up session on the new Jaguar (not the car) ... plays well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) ... it has totally different sound than any of my other axes.

Woke up to find that the local fires dropped a ton (well, a half-ton) of ash on everything. With the nightly marine layer and the ash, it fuched-up all the recently washed vehicles sitting outside (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... oh well, at least the daytime temperatures came down a little.

Mark

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I spent my Saturday repairing RSR front spoiler damage.
Guys...don't fight with parking lot bumpers, they usually win (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Oscar
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 20 2020, 03:57 PM
Post #544

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Car looks great Oscar.

Installed new coil springs in our '10 LR4 Land Rover. Originally it had air bags which worked fine until last week the truck wouldn't go up from it's lowest position. Luckily just a few blocks away from home so I was able to drive it.

I could have fixed the air system, however with the age and mileage it is going to be one issue after another unless I replace everything at once.

Rides good with the coil springs, everything works except that I cannot lower it to make getting in to or out easier or raise it up higher for added ground clearance which I don't do any kind of rock crawling it, it has plenty of clearance at normal ride height.

The little box is to trick the electronics into thinking the system is working correctly.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Sep 28 2020, 09:39 AM
Post #545

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

No work on Chucky this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Spent 9 hrs in bumper to bumper traffic returning from Vegas last night (work related) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oscar

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Sep 28 2020, 10:22 AM
Post #546

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Took the dash out of our 79 928 for the fourth time, and North Hollywood finally got it right... everything works now, although the cruise control kicks in at 28 mph, which is 3 mph late (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bob164
post Sep 28 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #547

Member No.: 21,877

[quote name='ValcoOscar' date='Sep 28 2020, 08:39 AM' post='2854983']
No work on Chucky this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
Spent 9 hrs in bumper to bumper traffic returning from Vegas last night (work related) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Oscar

Had a similar situation a few year's ago, peeled off I-15 and took the long way home through Death Valley, Trona, Ridgecrestand Palmdale down to I-5 then home. Beat others in our group who stuck to I-15 by 30 minutes. Ended up seeing a beautiful sunset in Death Valley and had a stress free drive.

Bob
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 30 2020, 04:12 AM
Post #548

Thanks, Oscar.

Been feeling much better, but have one more chiro visit later today (Wed), just to make sure I'm back on track.

After I replaced the steering box and tidied-up & painted front the suspension/brake components on the Ghia last month, decided to move to the rear and do likewise there.

Here's the driver's side (the passenger side look just as good now too) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

... and of course, the job wouldn't be complete unless I wire-wheeled & painted the lug bolts.

Attached Image

Also, disconnected & labeled all the motor wiring, cables & hoses in prep for dropping the drive train. Going to replace the howling transaxle & will be refurbishing the CV joints soon.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 30 2020, 05:31 AM
Post #549

Also ... this neat device was delivered on Tuesday afternoon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Attached Image

It's going to make moving trailers a whole lot easier. I think if I can fabricate an extension with some additional wheels to keep it on an even plane, I can use it to move cars too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Oct 8 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #550

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420

On a much needed vacation.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Oct 18 2020, 07:36 AM
Post #551

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

Called in to work and went on a Route 66, Oatman, Topock drive with some buddies.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Oct 18 2020, 08:29 AM
Post #552

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 8 2020, 10:39 AM) *

On a much needed vacation.

Attached Image

looks like Four Seasons.
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Oct 18 2020, 10:45 AM
Post #553

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420

Hyatt Ziva. Los Cabos.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Nov 1 2020, 05:57 PM
Post #554

I started trimming the overgrown magnolia tree in the front yard - so the freshly developing seed pods wouldn't be falling onto the little trick-or-treaters' noggins. Realized it was a bigger job than I anticipated, so called a professional arborist to tackle the remainder. It had been at least three (3) years since the last trimming (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Attached Image

All done in time for Halloween, but possibly due to the lingering C-19 virus, we only had four (4) people even show up on Halloween night (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Fortunately, we didn't spend a lot of calories decorating the whole yard this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Attached Image

Also, finally came up with movable a solution for the soda-blasting cabinet. Cut & primed (oil-base) a plywood deck and bolted it to an HF cart, then secured all 4 legs to the deck with some 'L' brackets. Now I can move the behemoth to a safer space (and closer to the compressor) before winter weather sets in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 2 2020, 07:32 AM
Post #555

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

@euro911 Mark -They did a beautiful job on your tree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
billium01
post Nov 11 2020, 10:12 PM
Post #556

Member No.: 15,764

Trying to get my shop in order. The hacks who built this in the 70's decided to put the gable end truss hanging way off the edge of the wall. Sheathing the whole thing to keep the bugs and mice out too. Man door is gonna have to wait till spring. Gonna add 6 inches of exterior insulation to this structure too eventually.

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=768
550]Attached Image Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Nojoah
post Nov 13 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #557

Member No.: 24,234
Region Association: Canada

Lots has been done over the past few weeks. New garage is basically complete and my father and I just finished setting up the lift. Hopefully we can get more finished before permanent snow sets in and access is cut off but the cars are tucked away for the winter. The olympic will be getting rebuilt next and cabinets and shelves will have to go up soon. Still have more benches to take out of storage along with the welder and various other fun toys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Lots to do still.... excuse the mess (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 13 2020, 06:31 PM
Post #558

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow. That is a real nice garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Frankvw
post Nov 15 2020, 06:04 AM
Post #559

working on my first 914 !

Member No.: 19,896
Region Association: Europe

so, a new life for oildrums. Some paint, holes in the bottom, wheels under it so they can move around in the garden....fill with claybeeds and fresh soil and in went the bamboo....
(it was an idea of the wife, but I liked the 'garage theme' so came together fast)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Nov 15 2020, 10:13 AM
Post #560

Future new 914 home, after two years of permitting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

56 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 AM