Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

57 Pages V « < 34 35 36 37 38 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
Andyrew
post Jun 14 2021, 12:25 PM
Post #701

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Oscar,

That tiny house is awesome!!!!

Chris, This is where a scratch start comes in handy eh? You dont have to tig EVERYTHING (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 1 2021, 04:14 AM
Post #702

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I disassembled the XT250's fuel pump and cleaned all the components real good last week, including the dirty filter and pressure regulator.

Attached Image

Attached Image

I decided to order some new filters just to be on the safe side and those arrived here yesterday, so I reassembled it using one of them.

Attached Image

I'll try to pressure-test the pump and if all goes well, reinstall it and the cleaned injector to see if the fruits of my labor were worth it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I got a really good deal on another Honda CT90 a while back too, so been spending a little time refreshing it as well.

Attached Image

I rebuilt the carburetor, repaired a cracked downtube cover and a broken headlight housing, then painted all the aged-sun-faded plastic parts with silver metallic paint.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Also cleaned the fuel tank out with evaporust and ordered a new seat cover

Attached Image

Attached Image

Evaporust seems to be working well in removing rust from the chrome heat shields too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Waiting on the new tires and inner tubes and a new set of control cables ... should be here by this w/e (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 1 2021, 08:30 AM
Post #703

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

---no work again on the 914- waiting on my heads to ship back, still have parts to order,
hopefully will be able to work on the car next week, this weekend will be finish bonus room by installing floor and baseboards.....
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Jul 1 2021, 09:36 AM
Post #704

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611

I'm hanging out at my friend's house in San Juan Capistrano so I just can't reach it right now. Going to see my Stepmother today and tomorrow I will be going to some Coffee and Cars. This is my turnaround point so after C and C I can get on the road home anytime. But it's kinda nice hanging out here.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Jul 1 2021, 09:38 AM
Post #705

Houses at the other end of the block back up to the Ortega Highway.

+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Jul 1 2021, 09:39 AM
Post #706

Reached my turnaround point and took a picture of the Pacific Ocean.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Jul 27 2021, 08:06 PM
Post #707

Playing with another toy. Just finished the build. Flite Test Kraken, 71" wingspan. I got no idea how to fly it but I have wanted one sense I first saw one.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
anderssj
post Jul 27 2021, 08:47 PM
Post #708

Dog is my copilot...

Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

914 remained in VA while I'm in MN. Lots of projects here. Latest is redoing an oak coffee table I rescued:

Attached Image

I’ve been working on it off and on for about a week. The legs are sanded (400) and stained (hand-rubbed with Watco Danish Oil “Medium Walnut”). The table top was sanded over about 3 or 4 days. While I prefer to do everything by hand, removing some of the scratches required use of a small electric sander. I stained the top to match the legs yesterday, then it got a final wet sanding (800) by hand this afternoon. I hope to have it in the house in a day or two—picture to follow.

Some plumbing stuff next--no pictures of that.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jul 28 2021, 06:14 AM
Post #709

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 1 2021, 10:30 AM) *

---no work again on the 914- waiting on my heads to ship back, still have parts to order,
hopefully will be able to work on the car next week, this weekend will be finish bonus room by installing floor and baseboards.....

July 28, 4 more weeks passed, more boxes of parts collected waiting for the big box(heads) before getting it(motor) back together . during this time that bonus room was finished, floored in a weekend, trimmed and finished and furnished! one more thing off my plate- friday last week i thought id have heads back and be reinstalling the motor, but no..... so now the bushes and hedges are cut, trimmed etc, .... i am running out of things to do to keep me busy while waiting for the last parts so i can get my motor back together and the car on the road!!. i am aiming at mid- august now... missing out on a few things... .
- some of my new and extra parts are new oil pump, new bosch oem injectors,(old ones were fake crap and didnt test out so well) all new fuel lines in back . this weekend if my heads are not back i will be stripping off the old back pad glue , cleanind and repainting the engine compartment while the motor is out, this didnt get done to the level it sould have back when the floor pans were repaired and repainted, and outside was repainted. so looks like next two weeks thats the project at hand. so hopefully my next post can be "what i did to my 914" not "why didnt i "
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Jul 28 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #710

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

I was drafted into installing a fuel cell in a Civic race car. This one is running in the Lucky Dog endurance series and I had crewed for the team a recent event. Turned out Randy Pobst was one of the drivers so that was pretty cool.
Today was just getting a rough hole cut and determining where the base support frame needs to go. I'll be fabbing that as the next step. Still a ways to go but the initial fitment work turned out nicely.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Jul 28 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #711

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

why nothing done? .. debilitating humidity.

Started to paint some things I'd blasted, but the threat of rain is just enough to keep the sweat pouring and the compressor silent.

+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jul 28 2021, 06:10 PM
Post #712

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Simple, I have been working my a@@ off trying to fund my addiction. Heading to look at number 3 Saturday. Can't bring myself to purchase sight unseen.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Jul 28 2021, 06:19 PM
Post #713

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Building a new garage and there was a fully remote control dump truck that delivered rock for grading. Very cool tech, a company in Oregon will retrofit a truck for ~$150K.
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Aug 2 2021, 04:12 AM
Post #714

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

cause i was drawn back into the hell hole of the ford falcon ute.

Attached Image

the view from the tailgate when i lifted my head was magnificent.

Attached Image

spent some time pondering german u boat snorkels when i got sick of block sanding.

Attached Image

got to take the 914 in and inspect front wheel bearings.
16 year coma means she has woken up with some shakes after a bit of walking around.
plan to reinstall the original fuel pump i rebuilt and do some other messing about.
but the ghost of henry ford is on my case at the moment. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Aug 4 2021, 03:31 PM
Post #715

Rained all day and I took a nap. But the P-51 is looking good. Should be ready to fly next week.
The car is going to get some more time soon.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 4 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #716

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Because I am stuck at work!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 10 2021, 02:59 AM
Post #717

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Recent activity:

I finally purchased a new Quantum fuel pump rebuild kit for the XT-250, so it's running fine again. Just need to remember to pour some StaBil in the tank before storing for the winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I just don't have enough garage space for all the shit at the CA house, so I picked up a large 'Speed-Way' cycle shelter from a friend who's selling his Harley Ultra Classic. It's housing some of the motorbikes and various large tools that really shouldn't be left out in the weather - just in case we actually get some rain this summer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Well, wouldn't you know it, we did get a substantial downpour the same night after I assembled the shelter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pat.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Changed the oil & filter (all Mobil-1) in 'Eileen' ('84 Westy), readjusted the throttle cable's pull and readjusted the ignition timing. I wasn't getting full throttle and the timing was off by a few degrees. Took for a short drive and the new 2.1L motor seems fairly peppy - for a stock Wasserboxer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Changed the oil & filter (again, Mobil-1) in the '96 Tacoma.

Change the oil & filter (yep, Mobil-1) in the Subi, and replaced a burned-out driver-side low beam Halogen bulb. Getting the protective cover back on properly was the long pole in the tent, and was a friggin' pain in the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burro.gif)

I had to watch s few YT videos to see how it's done. They make is look easy but it took me a half hour to complete the task (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/hIFMfnmFQK0

Staging a bunch of stuff that needs to go to AZ next trip (when the temperatures start coming down), hopefully, sometime in September (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
AZBanks
post Aug 10 2021, 08:54 AM
Post #718

Member No.: 5,245
Region Association: Southwest Region

'Cause it is 115 and my garage door gets full sun from about 1 pm until sunset.
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Aug 25 2021, 04:44 PM
Post #719

Just like all y'all, weather. So I'm hiding in the living room playing with RC planes. The Kraken is almost flite ready and the P-51's are very close too.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jett
post Aug 25 2021, 05:25 PM
Post #720

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 1 2021, 03:14 AM) *

I disassembled the XT250's fuel pump and cleaned all the components real good last week, including the dirty filter and pressure regulator.

Attached Image

Attached Image

I decided to order some new filters just to be on the safe side and those arrived here yesterday, so I reassembled it using one of them.

Attached Image

I'll try to pressure-test the pump and if all goes well, reinstall it and the cleaned injector to see if the fruits of my labor were worth it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I got a really good deal on another Honda CT90 a while back too, so been spending a little time refreshing it as well.

Attached Image

I rebuilt the carburetor, repaired a cracked downtube cover and a broken headlight housing, then painted all the aged-sun-faded plastic parts with silver metallic paint.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Also cleaned the fuel tank out with evaporust and ordered a new seat cover

Attached Image

Attached Image

Evaporust seems to be working well in removing rust from the chrome heat shields too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Waiting on the new tires and inner tubes and a new set of control cables ... should be here by this w/e (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Attached Image

Inspirational! I pulled the motor from our 79 CT70 to have it and the carb rebuilt. Have to soak the parts in evaporust and thinking about painting but not sure.
+Quote Post

57 Pages V « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:57 PM