Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 000 and 9/14/2019
rick 918-S
post Aug 7 2019, 05:16 AM
Post #21

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

You people on the left coast do not realize how lucky you have it. I would love to see that car. Unfortunately .... well fortunately too.... we are getting a new daughter in law on 9/14. So one for bad two for good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Sep 6 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

All right, everyone. We're just about a week away, and want to extend an invitation to everyone here to join us on Saturday—attendance for Rare Shades 4 and the 914 display are free. If you've got a 914 in a cool color, we'd love to see you register it for the show, which is already shaping up to be the biggest Rare Shades so far...and there is still time to register.

The 914 50th display as well as the 914 panel are also coming along nicely...

First introduced in 1969, Porsche’s 914 has only recently begun to be truly appreciated. Please join us at the A+D Museum for a panel discussion moderated by Ray Shaffer from Porsche Classic. Panelists will include 914 racer/dealer Alan Johnson, 914 historian Glenn Stazak, automotive designer/vintage racer Hans Lapine, and 000 editor Pete Stout. Topics will include the 914’s design, engineering, motorsport success, and relevance 50 years later. A number of very special 914 and 914-6 road and race cars will take part in a 50th anniversary display, including—among others—a very early, one-owner 1970 914, the first production 914-6, the first “production” 914-6 GT, a selection of works 914-6 GTs, and a trio of important SCCA race cars from 1970, 1981, and 2005.

Hope to see some of you there!
+Quote Post
Dion
post Sep 6 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #23

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds like a fantastic 914 event. Sadly I won’t be able to attend this.
Can someone bribe Ian ( CuddyK) to film this documentary style! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Take lots of pics fellas! Enjoy.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Sep 6 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Please take (and post) pics or videos for those of us that can’t attend!
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Sep 6 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 22,979
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 6 2019, 06:33 PM) *

Please take (and post) pics or videos for those of us that can’t attend!

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for all of your time and enthusiasm to put together such a great event..... definitely one NOT to be missed!

Everything you have planned sounds fantastic and let's rally the 914 community to come join into the celebration and accomplishments of our 914s and their proud, dedicated owners.

I'm sure the display of cars will be gobsmacking. We're also really looking forward to the panel and seeing old racing friends.

See you all soon!

Cheers,

Margie & Paul
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Sep 6 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Pete is kind of a 914 snob.

He likes them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
don-6
post Sep 7 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #27

Stock vs Modified?

Member No.: 17,219
Region Association: Southwest Region

This event sounds a little snooty for me and my plain old 914-6 in signal orange.
I'll be at the Automobile Driving Museum event on September 15
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Sep 7 2019, 07:38 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for all of your time and enthusiasm to put together such a great event..... definitely one NOT to be missed!

Everything you have planned sounds fantastic and let's rally the 914 community to come join into the celebration and accomplishments of our 914s and their proud, dedicated owners.

I'm sure the display of cars will be gobsmacking. We're also really looking forward to the panel and seeing old racing friends.

See you all soon!

Cheers,

Margie & Paul
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

You are welcome—I hope it comes off at least half as well as we hope it will! There are a lot of people who have put a lot into this...and we are thrilled you are coming!

Pete is kind of a 914 snob.

He likes them.

Yes, yes I guess I am—in that I like them all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This event sounds a little snooty for me and my plain old 914-6 in signal orange.
I'll be at the Automobile Driving Museum event on September 15

Not sure what is snooty about a free show open to any Porsche in a cool color, a free 914 50th anniversary display on Saturday, inexpensive entry fees for Rare Shades (1/2 or far less than half of entry fees for Werks, Concours on the Ave, etc), or an inexpensive ticket to what should be a pretty neat panel discussion?

Hope you might reconsider, as a small team of enthusiasts have put a lot of time/money/effort into celebrating a long misunderstood sports car we love—and have literally invited anybody and everybody to join us on 9/14. As for a 914-6 in Signal Orange, there's nothing plain about that in my book—it's a nicer and more valuable 914 than I own, and it's a car that would stop me in my tracks if I saw it out in the wild. Your car would be welcomed at Rare Shades right alongside a 1974 911 in Gulf Blue, a 924 in Oak Green, a GT3 in Signal Yellow, or a Cayenne in Meerblau. We actually had a full-on purple Macan show up in Florida, and its owner was super fun to speak with. Every Rare Shades so far has been super casual and a lot of fun…
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Sep 10 2019, 10:42 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

Looking forward to this event on Saturday!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
don-6
post Sep 13 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #30

Stock vs Modified?

Member No.: 17,219
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
drem914
post Sep 13 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 9,062

Looking forward to seeing everyone coming. Can't wait. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:31 AM