Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trace previous owner
kroelofsen
post Jan 22 2020, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,255
Region Association: Europe

Hi,
I'm busy restoring my 914 1.8 from 12/73... The car is imported from USA to The Netherlands last year. Is it possible to find the previous owner? Would be nice to know who owned the car, perhaps exchange some information etc.

The license plate is/was:
Attached Image

VIN: 474 2911 907
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
budk
post Jan 22 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #2

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(kroelofsen @ Jan 22 2020, 02:07 PM) *

Hi,
I'm busy restoring my 914 1.8 from 12/73... The car is imported from USA to The Netherlands last year. Is it possible to find the previous owner? Would be nice to know who owned the car, perhaps exchange some information etc.

You might have better luck searching by the VIN.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Jan 22 2020, 01:29 PM
Post #3

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

I seem to have found my ORIGINAL owner, the name and place bought was written in the owners manual, sent them a message and car photo on facebook, never answered me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 22 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #4

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

In California you can contact the Department of Motor Vehicles to request owner history for the vehicle. You complete a form, state the purpose for your request and they should then provide you with the registered owner names. It may even be a form available on-line.

I did that about 10 years ago- not on my car, but on another car. I received the names and dates of ownership. If you call them and they say they do not know what the heck you are talking about, ask to speak with a DMV Investigator. Good luck with your search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jan 22 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #5

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(brcacti @ Jan 22 2020, 02:29 PM) *

I seem to have found my ORIGINAL owner, the name and place bought was written in the owners manual, sent them a message and car photo on facebook, never answered me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

I forget when but in the news was facebook will soon more dead members then living.
My brother is still on facebook and he died over 10 years ago. Asshole is ghosting me and won't reply to my friend request. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Ummm...maybe that's a good thing.

BTW my brother would have laughed at this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Cornerlot
post Jan 22 2020, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 20,070

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 22 2020, 04:44 PM) *

In California you can contact the Department of Motor Vehicles to request owner history for the vehicle. You complete a form, state the purpose for your request and they should then provide you with the registered owner names. It may even be a form available on-line.

I did that about 10 years ago- not on my car, but on another car. I received the names and dates of ownership. If you call them and they say they do not know what the heck you are talking about, ask to speak with a DMV Investigator. Good luck with your search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I tried that for my 930, and after paying the fee and submitting the forms they said they had no record of the VIN. But, there is a online California DMV 'Bureau of Repair' site that had records of emissions checks and other work going back to 1990. Just saying their record keeping is incomplete.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jan 22 2020, 08:48 PM
Post #7

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(kroelofsen @ Jan 22 2020, 11:07 AM) *

Hi,

VIN: 474 2911 907

Posting pictures of the car will help a lot; most of us that see a 914 remember certain details. Maybe we can narrow down the search to a city or region.
+Quote Post
drem914
post Jan 22 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 9,062
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(brcacti @ Jan 22 2020, 11:29 AM) *

Same here. George at AA had the owners phone number! Called a couple times and left voicemails, but never got a call back
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Jan 23 2020, 10:45 AM
Post #9

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 22 2020, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(brcacti @ Jan 22 2020, 11:29 AM) *

Same here. George at AA had the owners phone number! Called a couple times and left voicemails, but never got a call back

Mark Henry might be right.................a lot of people don't make it to old age with the SO MANY diseases now, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, car accidents and MANY other ways there is do die. Just maybe they are not with the living any longer.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 06:32 AM