Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally bought my own 914, Inspection done!
Ian Stott
post May 29 2020, 06:36 AM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Congrats from Canada! That is a nice looking car, I love driving mine and I think you will start to find creative reasons to drive yours! You will find it takes longer to do anything now, as people will want to talk to you about your car when you are getting gas, loading your groceries etc!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
911GT2
post May 29 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #182

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

So as I worked on it all day yesterday (and today). Last night I went through the paperwork which came with the car.

The original owners manual says the first owner was Mesa Porsche Audi inc. This car was a demo car for a while. Cool backstory! Also it seems the car has lived in and around San Diego all it's life.

Funny thing is though, since it's been registered on 11/26/73 here in The Netherlands this will be registered an a '73 and not a '74.
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post May 29 2020, 12:23 PM
Post #183

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(911GT2 @ May 29 2020, 11:19 AM) *

So as I worked all day yesterday (and today). Last night I went through the paperwork which came with the car.

The original owners manual says the first owner was Mesa Porsche Audi inc. This car was a demo car for a while. Cool backstory! Also it seems the car has lived in and around San Diego all it's life.

Funny thing is though, since it's been registered on 11/26/73 here in The Netherlands this will be registered an a '73 and not a '74.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Nice detective work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Surely lots more to go through as the front trunk was loaded with spare parts, books, and paperwork.

ENJOY!!!!

Oscar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
eric9144
post May 29 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #184

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Great that it's in your hands now and the drama with the purchase is behind you!
I wasn't took keen on silver either when I got either of my two 914's...but it's grown on me a lot!
Congratulations! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Jun 17 2020, 11:55 AM
Post #185

Today was the day I needed to go to the RDW (dutch DMV) for an inspection and to get a license plate.

It's first time I was legally allowed to drive the car since I've got it. You get issued a one day license plate to got to the RDW and back. Officially you're obligated to only drive to and from the RDW, but the sun was out so I took the long way there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

When I was there I had to wait 50 minutes over my timeslot before someone came up to me who would do the inspection. So I was quite annoyed.

He was all hyped up about my car; "I'm sorry you had to wait but when I saw your car I asked my colleagues if I could do it, so I had to do another one before you, so that's why it took so long. But I'm so happy to see a VoPo for once and not jet another 911."

Needless to say my mood changed instantly and the inspection was done in a few minutes and than we talked about air cooled cars for another 15 minutes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So now The only thing to do is get plates with the dutch title, which comes in a couple of days and drive. Next week it's going to be So-Cal weather down here, so I might take a few days of and drive the wheels of off it (still needs an alignment after the turbo tie rods though).

Obligatory 'inspection' picture:
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Jun 17 2020, 12:12 PM
Post #186

Garage Life

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jun 17 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Today was the day I needed to go to the RDW (dutch DMV) for an inspection and to get a license plate.

It's first time I was legally allowed to drive the car since I've got it. You get issued a one day license plate to got to the RDW and back. Officially you're obligated to only drive to and from the RDW, but the sun was out so I took the long way there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

When I was there I had to wait 50 minutes over my timeslot before someone came up to me who would do the inspection. So I was quite annoyed.

He was all hyped up about my car; "I'm sorry you had to wait but when I saw your car I asked my colleagues if I could do it, so I had to do another one before you, so that's why it took so long. But I'm so happy to see a VoPo for once and not jet another 911."

Needless to say my mood changed instantly and the inspection was done in a few minutes and than we talked about air cooled cars for another 15 minutes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So now The only thing to do is get plates with the dutch title, which comes in a couple of days and drive. Next week it's going to be So-Cal weather down here, so I might take a few days of and drive the wheels of off it (still needs an alignment after the turbo tie rods though).

Congrats again...one nice looking 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jun 17 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #187

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Congratulations! Your car looks very nice sitting there. I hope you enjoy the nice weather and have a great drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Jun 17 2020, 12:43 PM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

So glad your journey has a happy ending. Enjoy my friend.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Jun 17 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #189

QUOTE(Coondog @ Jun 17 2020, 10:43 AM) *

So glad your journey has a happy ending. Enjoy my friend.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks I will! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mbseto
post Jun 17 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #190

Member No.: 17,743
Region Association: North East States

Congratulations! That's a lovely car!
+Quote Post
mrholland2
post Jun 17 2020, 02:05 PM
Post #191

Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

Only a 50 minute wait? And the person was excited to see you? That would be pleasant compared to many USA DMVs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jun 17 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Attached Image

+Quote Post
MM1
post Jun 17 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #192

914 obsession continues

Member No.: 22,105

Stunning silber, classic drama. . . a story and trophy for you and your descendants to cherish. Thanks for sharing and congrats!
+Quote Post
911GT2
post Aug 6 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #193

Attached Image

I guess this says it all. Me and my wife having a summer evening cruise together! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Aug 6 2020, 03:04 PM
Post #194

Garage Life

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 01:59 PM) *

Attached Image

I guess this says it all. Me and my wife having a summer evening cruise together! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Way to go Naud. Thrilled you're enjoying your new 914. Glad your wife approves also.
It was fun helping you with PPI @ BHMC. My family enjoyed the thank you treats you sent over (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Aug 6 2020, 03:09 PM
Post #195

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
flyer86d
post Aug 6 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #196

Member No.: 12,585
Region Association: North East States

Nice looking car! Enjoy it.

Charlie
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 6 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #197

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Very cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Aug 6 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #198

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Great picture. Love the smiles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Jett
post Aug 6 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #199

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Great story!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 7 2020, 05:56 AM
Post #200

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Aug 6 2020, 04:59 PM) *

Attached Image

ive been following along as you have documented your journey to ownership, and the smiles on both your faces says it all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

that is one super clean looking car!! those pictures at the inspection almost look like a new car.

Can you tell us more about why it is registered as a '73 not a '74 ? is it due to the original delivery date, because it was a " '74 model " per Porsche records, so that just seems strange to us here. so that means a big bumper '75 that was made lets say on 11/14/1974 would be a 74 not a 75 there? if so could be very confusing down the line later as we know the US market cars that had big bumpers were only '75-'76.
any way , Share some more pictures!!!!!
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM