|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| mgarrison |
Feb 29 2020, 09:54 AM
Post
#1
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 423 Joined: 14-February 20 From: Chandler, AZ Member No.: 23,922 Region Association: Southwest Region
|
Hello,
I new around here, but have been lurking for a bit trying to soak up all the 914 knowledge and information I could! I was looking into building a Factory Five 818 kit with the Subaru flat-4, but the cost of entry was a bit too high, and the time & space needed to build a car from scratch seemed overwhelming. But it got me thinking; that's basically a tube-framed 914 with an odd body. I wonder if anyone has put a Subaru flat-4 in a 914? A few Google searches later I learned that a lot of people had, and parts were out there to spend my money on! Long story short, I found two rollers with no engines or transmissions in Tucson, AZ a couple of hours South of me. Soon I rented a car hauler for a couple of days and my "Craft Project" (my wife's label) was begun. The rollers were a green 1971, and a red 1974. I wanted to restore the 71 because it just seemed to have more character. The 74 had been partially stripped for an electric conversion project, and seemed less "car like". Sadly, the 71 needed a bit more work than I was setup to handle. So, it had to be the 74 who I have simply labeled as "Red". I will try to track my build process here as best I can. I tend to get working on things and forget to document things, but will try to keep track. Here's Red when we got her home on the trailer and tucked away in the back yard for the moment. Mike Attached image(s)
|
mgarrison 74 Roller rebuild and Subaru conversion Feb 29 2020, 09:54 AM
mgarrison RE: 74 Roller rebuild and Subaru conversion Jul 15 2026, 06:27 PM
slowrodent Car is coming along nicely Mike... Really love the... Jul 16 2026, 08:38 AM
Lilchopshop I swear, regular life is not conducive to 914 rest... Jul 18 2026, 04:58 PM
mgarrison I pulled the Ravena green engine cover off the wal... Jul 19 2026, 02:49 PM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 9th October 2026 - 07:07 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |