Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> John’s ‘73 Restoration, Light at the end of the tunnel
mgarrison
post Feb 1 2022, 03:14 PM
Post #141

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,922
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Jan 26 2022, 01:28 PM) *

I’m trying to level out the front end and lower just a bit, but I’m having a bit of a problem pulling the end caps off the torsion bars. I pulled the adjusting bolt all the way out, jacked up the car to relieve any pressure, still not budging. I then took the wheel off and tried lifting the a arm up to see if that would work, again, no luck.

The cap seems to be wedged in at the top position

Is your sway bar keeping the A-arm from drooping enough to take the tension off the adjuster...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Morph914
post Feb 2 2022, 07:12 AM
Post #142

Member No.: 20,326
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mgarrison @ Feb 1 2022, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Jan 26 2022, 01:28 PM) *

I’m trying to level out the front end and lower just a bit, but I’m having a bit of a problem pulling the end caps off the torsion bars. I pulled the adjusting bolt all the way out, jacked up the car to relieve any pressure, still not budging. I then took the wheel off and tried lifting the a arm up to see if that would work, again, no luck.

The cap seems to be wedged in at the top position

Is your sway bar keeping the A-arm from drooping enough to take the tension off the adjuster...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Could be, I’ll check into that
+Quote Post
DBF
post Feb 2 2022, 11:12 AM
Post #143

Member No.: 25,865
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Enjoyed reading your build this morning. I am putting a barn find BB back on the road, and while mine doesn't need much, I pick up bits and pieces of good advice by reading these posts. I'll be sure to get the lift device from tangerine when I put the engine back in, as well as take off the fuel rails. Thanks.
+Quote Post
Morph914
post Feb 2 2022, 08:46 PM
Post #144

Member No.: 20,326
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(DBF @ Feb 2 2022, 12:12 PM) *

Enjoyed reading your build this morning. I am putting a barn find BB back on the road, and while mine doesn't need much, I pick up bits and pieces of good advice by reading these posts. I'll be sure to get the lift device from tangerine when I put the engine back in, as well as take off the fuel rails. Thanks.

I’m happy to help, I have learned a great deal from others here so just tying to give back however I can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Cheers,
John
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:54 PM