Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beverly Hills ca club, Info
tomh
post Mar 22 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,412
Region Association: None

I’m not affiliated in any way with Beverly Hills car club nor have ever purchased or am interested in any car or service they have however, they dominate the Porsche and air cooled lists I keep up with daily and seem to have much to offer in the way of a variety of cars/models/condition.
Now my question; I read and pay close attention to this forum and highly respect the value of it’s members and content and it’s been a valuable resource for myself and many other 914 enthusiasts but I have noticed a cynical and critical attitude when ever Beverly Hills car club is referenced or mentioned in any way.
I am appealing to the brain trust here in the real reasons not so much just opinions because we all know about opinions bla bla bla!
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 22 2020, 10:56 AM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Do a search here and look at some of the rust heaps (literally) that they are trying to hawk as "excellent restoration potential" cars.

It's borderline criminal ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
914_teener
post Mar 22 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

They are not physically located in Beverly Hills and as to the extent that they "dominate" listings is not an indication that they either sell anything that is worth buying or not.

+Quote Post
Jonathan Livesay
post Mar 22 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,461

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343406 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
tomh
post Mar 22 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 11,412

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 22 2020, 09:56 AM) *

Do a search here and look at some of the rust heaps (literally) that they are trying to hawk as "excellent restoration potential" cars.

It's borderline criminal ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Pretty much hands down most classic Porsche’s are rust heaps especially the ones that end up for sale here and any any other lists.
If you pay attention and are at all interested in cars like this then you know what you’re looking at and you should not be ripped off.
You just about have to buy a rust heap if you want a 914 anyway.
Let’s here from some customers, don’t tell me nobody has ever purchased it have done business with them.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 22 2020, 12:16 PM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

I have never purchased a car from BHCC and based upon all of the ads I have seen for their cars, I doubt I ever would. Everything is a rusty, wrecked, salvaged in appearance POS that they ask way, way too much for.

The wrecked, burned, destroyed 914-6 they have listed for $20K is an example. There are plenty others that have been listed that are in as bad of condition. To me, their stuff seems ripe for people who just want a precious VIN so they can perpetuate bad stuff down the road. That's my opinion. Sorry. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Mar 22 2020, 12:16 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

Here is my all time favorite. BHCC was selling a restoration project, they just forgot to mention it had been flooded in hurricane Sandy.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=244383

People always say "do your homework", but if you don't know what questions to ask like "has it been in a salt water flood" this doesn't really work.

I wouldn't buy anything from there that I didn't put my hands on or have someone qualified do it.
+Quote Post
twistedstang
post Mar 22 2020, 12:20 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,395

A friends stolen Jaguar from Michigan ended up there. Last dealership in the world I would do business with.
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 23,943

Google review on the business is a VERY accurate review sans reviews by Loacal Guide as it is unpaid, not like Yelp.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Mar 22 2020, 12:37 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

I am going to, somewhat, disagree.

Anyone who buys a classic car site unseen or without an experienced person doing a PPI is rolling the dice.

I bought my 1974 Jensen Interceptor there, as I’ve posted here previously they walked me over to the car and then said take as long as you want and let us know if you want to see it on the lift and then walked away. I asked for a floor jack and they brought one over and offered to help jack it up so I could look at the under side of the trunk.

They handed me the title the day I paid for the car, zero hassles.

The people who are the most down on them have never done business with them and/or bought without doing a PPI. Would I trust them based on their descriptions of the car alone without doing diligence, no. But I trust any classic car dealer on their descriptions of the car without doing diligence, no.

I think part of it gets people bent out of shape is that they use the same “excellent“ description on everything. I just ignore that and realize that if I’m interested in something I need to go look at it with my own eyes .
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 22 2020, 12:39 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 22 2020, 10:06 AM) *

They are not physically located in Beverly Hills and as to the extent that they "dominate" listings is not an indication that they either sell anything that is worth buying or not.

ENOUGH SAID............... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 22 2020, 12:55 PM
Post #12

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

@Tdskip has a good point. I can not imagine buying a car the vintage of our cars w/o laying eyes on it first. At the bare minimum having someone else not affiliated with the seller, laying eyes on it and shooting a ton of good quality photos and maybe a couple videos if it runs, drives, etc. Still, their descriptions disturb me as we all know people who were excited to buy and really knew little about 914's and ended up getting taken.
+Quote Post
Bmw635
post Mar 22 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 23,943

A lot of people are forgetting basic business transactions before the interweb. Seen lots of people clicking mouse to send thousands/hundred of thousands just because it's easy hence give rise to scammers targeting US. Don't see too many scammers targeting 3rd world country.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Mar 22 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 22 2020, 10:37 AM) *

I am going to, somewhat, disagree.

Anyone who buys a classic car site unseen or without an experienced person doing a PPI is rolling the dice.

I bought my 1974 Jensen Interceptor there, as I’ve posted here previously they walked me over to the car and then said take as long as you want and let us know if you want to see it on the lift and then walked away. I asked for a floor jack and they brought one over and offered to help jack it up so I could look at the under side of the trunk.

They handed me the title the day I paid for the car, zero hassles.

The people who are the most down on them have never done business with them and/or bought without doing a PPI. Would I trust them based on their descriptions of the car alone without doing diligence, no. But I trust any classic car dealer on their descriptions of the car without doing diligence, no.

I think part of it gets people bent out of shape is that they use the same “excellent“ description on everything. I just ignore that and realize that if I’m interested in something I need to go look at it with my own eyes .

But in the case I mentioned above, you aren't going to know to ask if it's been in a saltwater flood, or be able to tell once they power washed it, but that would still be info a buyer should have. The car kept a clear title because since the car was not on the road it wasn't insured. But it's clearly in the first dealer's description, but didn't make it to the next dealer's description (BHCC). So the attitude that it's the onus of the buyer to figure everything out isn't really fair if the seller is withholding crucial info.
+Quote Post
iankarr
post Mar 22 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #15

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I had a location shoot last year, coincidentally, right next door to BHCC. Most definitely not in BH. It's in an industrial area east of downtown LA. During lunch I went over and looked around. There were literally hundreds of cars there. Some better than others. Not what I expected. I didn't speak with any sales reps, except to ask if I could walk around and shoot some video. I'll see if I can find that footage and post it while life is on hold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif).

Given the OPs situation, and what's going on in the world in general, BHCC should absolutely refund the money. If they don't, that would speak volumes for the type of company they are.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 22 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #16

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(tomh @ Mar 22 2020, 10:44 AM) *
... most classic Porsche’s are rust heaps especially the ones that end up for sale here ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
911GT2
post Mar 23 2020, 02:09 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 12,773
Region Association: Europe

sorry wrong topic it was ment to go here
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 23 2020, 02:32 AM
Post #18

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Looks like a good start. Still some stuff to look at, like the engine compartment shows it is a repaint.
You need to have a good look at the hell hole and the rockers. Has potential. There was some negative feedback, but with a good pre purchase and MORE photos,. could be worth the effort. It is in Jersey, the NE is known for salt on the roads and the rust that it creates, so I would look real close.

It has a dash cap, carpet is wrong, but those are an easy fix.

Check for rust, then check for rust and lastly check for rust. There will be some, it's the nature of the beast, it's always worse when it's been hidden. Unfortunately, I've seen some crap and have been taken in by one once. It was not an inexpensive education, but I did learn.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 23 2020, 08:00 AM
Post #19

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

on a positive note the ARE promoting the 914 and its potential. The more publicity and optimism the cars get the better for all of us.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Mar 23 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 23 2020, 07:00 AM) *

on a positive note the ARE promoting the 914 and its potential. The more publicity and optimism the cars get the better for all of us.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:07 AM