Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: 1975 914 in Palma Green
mepstein
post Oct 13 2022, 10:46 PM
Post #81

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I always recommend driving or flying out to see the car. It sounds expensive until you have to deal with problems you didn’t expect. We all have our own perception of condition.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 13 2022, 10:47 PM
Post #82

914-6 GT in waiting

DP
+Quote Post
paule
post Oct 13 2022, 11:11 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 7,797

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 13 2022, 11:46 PM) *

I always recommend driving or flying out to see the car. It sounds expensive until you have to deal with problems you didn’t expect. We all have our own perception of condition.

I agree but would add you'd also have to observe the car being put on the transport to ensure parts aren't stripped before shipping. In this case, pictures and an email stated the parts to be included but were removed before shipping. Condition is subjective but showing and listing specific parts to be included is not. Steel wheels vs Mahles, yeah he won't notice.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Oct 18 2022, 05:27 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Unfortunate, sound like you are dealing with a bad dude. Best of luck

Maybe you can send the boys over and rough him up a bit
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Oct 21 2022, 05:02 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

If the example in your possession is solid, you may consider cutting you losses and move ahead. The number of PG examples is small and those being solid is less.
+Quote Post
paule
post Oct 21 2022, 08:50 AM
Post #86

QUOTE(930cabman @ Oct 21 2022, 06:02 AM) *

If the example in your possession is solid, you may consider cutting you losses and move ahead. The number of PG examples is small and those being solid is less.

That is being considered. The car is at a shop and the next step is to do a deep evaluation of condition and to get it running and then I will decide from there. I sent another email to the seller requesting the missing parts but doubt he will respond. He's still posting on this site so I assume he has seen the email.
+Quote Post
paule
post Nov 30 2022, 10:16 PM
Post #87

The business has been unresponsive to emails and phone calls. Complaints against the business have been filed with the state of Wisconsin department of Consumer Protection and the state of Washington Attorney Generals Office at the end of October.

Last week I requested a PPS from PCNA. In phone conversations, PCNA unofficially stated the car was built as a 1.8L not a 2L and confirmed by the format of the engine numbers and online public information the engine GC004587, albeit a 2L, and transmission HA01105 are from 1976 production. I'll have formal documentation in 1-2 weeks regarding a factory 1.8L build however the preliminary information was added to the complaints that the description of car (over time, phone calls and emails) was misleading.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 4 2022, 09:19 AM
Post #88

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I can only hope you prevail. Go get em’. No quarter, no mercy.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Dec 4 2022, 06:11 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE(paule @ Nov 30 2022, 11:16 PM) *

The business has been unresponsive to emails and phone calls. Complaints against the business have been filed with the state of Wisconsin department of Consumer Protection and the state of Washington Attorney Generals Office at the end of October.

Last week I requested a PPS from PCNA. In phone conversations, PCNA unofficially stated the car was built as a 1.8L not a 2L and confirmed by the format of the engine numbers and online public information the engine GC004587, albeit a 2L, and transmission HA01105 are from 1976 production. I'll have formal documentation in 1-2 weeks regarding a factory 1.8L build however the preliminary information was added to the complaints that the description of car (over time, phone calls and emails) was misleading.

Send the boys to his front door, see if he changes his tune

Another tack would be to leave the negative in the past and move forward and get her running/driving/looking good
+Quote Post
paule
post Dec 4 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(930cabman @ Dec 4 2022, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(paule @ Nov 30 2022, 11:16 PM) *

Send the boys to his front door, see if he changes his tune

Another tack would be to leave the negative in the past and move forward and get her running/driving/looking good

Good advice. I'm waiting for others to complete their work first. I received the official PPS document, it is a 1.8L. A copy of the document was sent to the two state agencies as both were interested in the new information.
+Quote Post
paule
post Jan 21 2023, 10:28 AM
Post #91

Complaints filed with Washington State Attorney General Office, case 629217, and State of Wisconsin – Consumer Protection, case 134896, October 2022.

Business Name: 914werke
3514 NE 88th Street
Seattle, WA 98115

Bus Phone: (206) 455-3834
Email: info@914werke.com

Awaiting response from 914werke or the business attorney, Mr. B Bradford Kogut, for resolution.
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Jan 21 2023, 05:39 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

Really none of my business, but my 2 cents would be to try to "squash" this. Whenever you buy a car sight unseen, the expectations/representations of said car are subjective. If you have written documentation that the car was supposed to come with Mahles, fog lights, emissions, etc., at "XXX" price in the same document, then I can see your beef.

Other than that, degree of rust can be subjective. Have you actually seen the car in person yet? I'm not trying to take sides or be argumentative, but you might already have a solid base ready for you to restore or have someone else restore. It's gonna be a lot more rewarding the sooner you can drive it, rather than to litigate it to death or search for a unicorn that you're not even sure still exists.

Also, again not taking sides, but Rich is a well respected member of the community. Honestly I don't know him at all, but I have purchased a handful of parts from him at reasonable prices with no drama, and they have all been received in "as advertised" or "better than advertised" condition. I really wish you the best in your restoration and hope you guys can bury this and move on.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Jan 21 2023, 06:18 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 18,984
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
paule
post Jan 21 2023, 06:47 PM
Post #94

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Jan 21 2023, 05:39 PM) *

Really none of my business, but my 2 cents would be to try to "squash" this. Whenever you buy a car sight unseen, the expectations/representations of said car are subjective. If you have written documentation that the car was supposed to come with Mahles, fog lights, emissions, etc., at "XXX" price in the same document, then I can see your beef.

I have the emails listing parts plus pictures taken by seller of the car, both as offered and when the shipper picked it up showing steel wheels. Emailed seller immediately to ship Mahles plus any other missing parts from description. Plus I have emails the car was a complete 2L..No mention that it is '75 1.8L with a '76 2L engine.Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
paule
post Jan 21 2023, 06:54 PM
Post #95

Extensive comprehensive documentation was provided to both state agencies.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 22 2023, 07:18 AM
Post #96

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Why don't you sell it on and look for another car. What did you pay for it? If you didn't want a project that does not look like the car you really want anyway.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 22 2023, 10:19 AM
Post #97

914-6 GT in waiting

I hope both parties can work it out. Life is too short to fight about old cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
vitamin914
post Jan 22 2023, 06:34 PM
Post #98

Member No.: 25,893
Region Association: Canada

I can see you are looking for moral support or vindication, but that is not fair to ask for that on this forum.

Why? because it involves another member. It was a private transaction that, other than those directly involved, we collectively know nothing about. No proof to what was said, shown or promised. It is unfair to take either side.

The car looks far from numbers matching great. I would be surprised if it was offered as anything other than as is. If there were items missing that were promised or implied that is a different matter and maybe a matter of interpretation. The fact that it was sold as 2.0L and it had at 2.0L engine, how is that a misrepresentation? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) You had to get the records to prove it was built as a 1.8, so what?

Man, with those photos... somehow this is starting to look like a "sour grapes" purchase that the restoration will be more involved than was hoped. Caveat emptor or buyer beware comes to mind. If the two parties cannot come to a resolution, your only option is to go to court to have it addressed. Public consumer agencies are not going to be your solution. A judge has to decide where this ends and if there was any intent of misrepresentation or just a case of misinterpretation. I am guessing that the Mahles were "expected" because they were on the car in that photo. That could be a point of contention.

So many times there have been posts about checking the car out yourself or paying a third party to do it for you. Very wise words for everyone to remember. Possibly missing items aside, it avoids screwing yourself with unrealistic rose coloured glasses of sentimentalism giving you different expectations.

I just restored my 1983 Firebird (that I have had since new) and that cost almost double what I originally paid for it. Sentimentalism is expensive.

Best of luck. Like @mepstein said, life is too short to fight over old cars.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:15 AM