Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radio Identification/Installation, Reinstalling the radio in '72 914
Jett
post Aug 9 2020, 06:31 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Aug 9 2020, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 8 2020, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Aug 8 2020, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 8 2020, 02:30 PM) *

In the pic it's fur looks like another small dog is on its back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

We also have a BC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Ha! He is a big boy. 160 lbs. His voice is deep and delivery folks tend to freak out, but he's the most gentle and sweet animal you'll ever meet.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) lol I grew up with a Newfy and he would always have at least one branch/log in his mouth... loved all the kids in the neighborhood and we would play for hours giving him more sticks to carry... From his perspective there were never enough sticks to carry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

I wish we had pictures!

Sounds like a Newf. Cosmo is a nice looking Border Collie. Border Collies are really great dogs. On my list for my next dog. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

By the way, on the earlier response, if you do find you have NOS Motorola speakers available, I'd be very interested. Not really looking for a great sound system, just would like something functional and original as possible. Thanks!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I checked and we have a set of NOS Blau, but not Motorola. I must have out them in our 75 Palma car. Sorry.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Baumgardner
post Aug 9 2020, 06:51 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 24,213
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 9 2020, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Aug 9 2020, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 8 2020, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Aug 8 2020, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 8 2020, 02:30 PM) *

In the pic it's fur looks like another small dog is on its back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

We also have a BC. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Ha! He is a big boy. 160 lbs. His voice is deep and delivery folks tend to freak out, but he's the most gentle and sweet animal you'll ever meet.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) lol I grew up with a Newfy and he would always have at least one branch/log in his mouth... loved all the kids in the neighborhood and we would play for hours giving him more sticks to carry... From his perspective there were never enough sticks to carry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

I wish we had pictures!

Sounds like a Newf. Cosmo is a nice looking Border Collie. Border Collies are really great dogs. On my list for my next dog. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

By the way, on the earlier response, if you do find you have NOS Motorola speakers available, I'd be very interested. Not really looking for a great sound system, just would like something functional and original as possible. Thanks!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I checked and we have a set of NOS Blau, but not Motorola. I must have out them in our 75 Palma car. Sorry.

Thanks so much. I assume the NOS Blau would fit fine on a '72? Would you be able to sell them to me? I think they would work fine. If you want to use regular email, mine is Baumgardner.Mike@gmail.com. Thanks again for getting back to me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Aug 9 2020, 07:33 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,069

This should help with wiring. This is installation instruction for Motorola Sapphire.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Baumgardner
post Aug 10 2020, 07:37 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 9 2020, 09:33 PM) *

This should help with wiring. This is installation instruction for Motorola Sapphire.

Thanks Mike. I really appreciate it. After continued research, it appears the Sapphire is very close if not identical to my unlabeled Motorola.
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Aug 10 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

Michael - Glad to see you're continuing the journey of bringing the car back to "somewhat" original.
+Quote Post
Baumgardner
post Aug 11 2020, 10:04 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 10 2020, 10:33 AM) *

Michael - Glad to see you're continuing the journey of bringing the car back to "somewhat" original.

Thanks Michael. And thanks for putting this in mechanically sound condition so I can play with tinkering on mostly easy minor stuff!
+Quote Post
Baumgardner
post Aug 18 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 8 2020, 11:07 AM) *

Just to make note on this thread, I believe that it is actually black = power, blue = ground, brown = speakers. This is based on looking at a number of Motorola sapphires that have these colors. Here is example:

Attached Image

Noting that the black wire has the inline fuse, I assume it must be the power...
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Aug 18 2020, 02:29 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Aug 8 2020, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 8 2020, 10:54 AM) *

I agree with the wiring. Matthias only repairs blaupunkt. We have a full line of his rebuilt radios on the shelf for all years and models of the 914 as well as owners manuals, instructions wiring installation pieces and iPod adaptors

Actually, the Motorola is fine. I don't think these speakers are though as the don't really fit correctly. Do you have any speakers correct for an early model year '72? Or any manuals, instructions, etc. that would be of use to me with this Motorola radio? Thanks!

Buy the best speakers you can afford. Ones that fit. That way you'll hear how bad your old radio really sounds. And that way you'll want to buy a nice stereo radio with BT & some real output power. My two cents.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:24 PM