Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New 914Rubber GB-Factory Correct Rear Trunk Torsion Bar Clip Kit, Will include all 4 clips with 8 nuts and washers $19.99, Will Go to $36.00 MSRP Post GB
OGmikey914
post Oct 28 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,035
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael Whitesell, Mark's son whom you all know as Mikey914. I am the original Mikey914 and while unemployed currently due to COVID I am helping my father out with some group buys.

We started the Mikey914 account when my dad purchased me a 75' Zambeezi Green 914 at auction that had suffered an engine fire when I was 15, for us to restore for my first car and a father/son project. While working on the car, we realized that there where a ton of parts not available anymore, or if we could find them, where old and had been sitting for years somewhere on a dusty shelf. With my father's manufacturing connections through some previous day jobs, we realized we can make these and other people most likely need them too! Thus, 914Rubber was born to help produce some of the parts to the 914 community with similar parts problems.

One such part I remember being hard to find was the rear trunk lid torsion bar clip. We Where missing several, and they imperative to proper rear trunk operation. It is extremely annoying when the rear trunk torsion setup isn't correct and the lid just won't stay up. I remember that the only ones we where able to find where used and often covered in paint from the car they where stripped from, so I though, why don't we make these! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

We are looking to make a kit with the rear torsion bar clamps and all of the install hardware to solve this problem. The kit contains 4 new rear trunk torsion bar clamps, 8 nuts and 8 washers all in factory correct cadmium plating to resist corrosion and hold paint if desired.

Group Buy Special Pricing $19.99 + Shipping For the kit

I attached a couple pictures of the part for reference, but who would be in for a set?

Attached Image

Attached Image

Check out our other group buys and keep an eye out for more to come so you can combine!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:15 PM