Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How fast is fast enough – Turbocharging the LS, Screamsicle gets a Turbo
dan10101
post Feb 20 2021, 06:33 PM
Post #61

TORQUE-o-holic

Group: Members
Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 20 2021, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 2 2021, 04:55 AM) *

You are insane... and I am envious. Betty says I can't have a TPC supercharger kit for the 4.0 in my 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

I probably shouldn't mention that a stock 993 with a TPC supercharger (and no intercooler…) remains my all-time favorite air-cooled 911 engine, right?

But the silver lining for a fantasy I won't be indulging in, either, is I'm not sure an Eaton and its drive will fit in the 914 engine bay?

I'm not really a fan of Supercharging, but I'm sure the more modern systems have less drag and more boost. (my 2 major drawbacks.)

On the other hand any modern flat 6 with boost would be acceptable if the budget would allow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Feb 20 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #62

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

Here I am, looking at swapping in a different engine (due to too much hp) and you're working to get more. I really am a wuss, aren't I?

@Dan10101 - I can't wait to see your beast back on the road with this latest madness in play!
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Feb 20 2021, 08:30 PM
Post #63

TORQUE-o-holic

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 20 2021, 06:05 PM) *

Here I am, looking at swapping in a different engine (due to too much hp) and you're working to get more. I really am a wuss, aren't I?

@Dan10101 - I can't wait to see your beast back on the road with this latest madness in play!

Hey, keep me in mind when I blow mine up!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 20 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #64

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 20 2021, 08:05 PM) *

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Jun 22 2021, 11:57 PM
Post #65

TORQUE-o-holic

Dang, it's been 4 months! A lot has happened. Including a First Start! (and DRIVE!)
Well, some of you saw it started a couple of months ago. Well, We had to rebuild the engine. It's a long story, but the jist of it is that it went from 11.3 to 1 compression to 9 to 1 compression and now it's relatively quiet for a change.
Plus now I can run pump gas and maybe if I keep the boost down I can do this without upgrading the fuel system. So far so good.
So the engine was out, sent to be machined, and now back in with the latest video. But even better, it's running and making boost. I have a large laundry list of things to do and I'm knocking them out as quick as I can.

Here's the latest YouTube video. https://youtu.be/5u_ZkTKLdnQ

Here's the previous one with the Engine rebuild details. https://youtu.be/DGNqk35liPg

I don't know how far behind I am, but here's the rest of the Turbo LS videos in a playlist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq42jvpTJo8...VoMhuzSM-Fd7Avo

+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 01:07 PM