Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT bought a shark
mb911
post Apr 23 2023, 06:26 PM
Post #121

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(windforfun @ Apr 23 2023, 04:09 PM) *

My old mechanic Tony from Czechoslovakia would always smile when I'd bring my 914 in for service. He'd frown whenever a 928 came into his shop & refuse to work on it if it needed anything major. He'd say: "Those 928s are way to complicated to be reliable." Go figure. Even getting into the dashboard was a major PITA. I suppose the car was ahead of its time. So how come 914s are now going for more then 928s (generally speaking)?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Ironically I think the 928 is pretty easy to work on. Soooo much information out there and I never once said this is a PIA. The only thing I would say sucks you have to do ill the trans to pull the TT.

The 928 market has really improved on values. We will see big dollars for them in the near future. I bought a bigger newer boat so the 928 was /is the one to go
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Apr 24 2023, 05:47 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Ben -

So glad to hear you say this - as you've really been through your car in an incredible way.

About 1 1/2 hours driving my '81 5-spd Shark yesterday enjoying every inch - that's more than enjoying every mile BTW! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maybe the most unique car I've ever driven, certainly the most unique I've ever owned.

Yesterday turned 1,000 miles that I've driven the car, and only issue was a dead seat motor (forward/backward) and switch that I rebuilt. This car is indeed well-sorted out as PO had said - needs nothing. Runs & drives like new. RickB and I both have truly thrashed it at times too.

My only concern has been what do I do if something breaks? I have a full shop, but boy is it tight in that engine bay! Your words are encouraging.

Now.....wondering where and at what cost I might find a full set of shop manuals????

Have you sold it yet?

GN

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 23 2023, 06:26 PM) *

My old mechanic Tony from Czechoslovakia would always smile when I'd bring my 914 in for service. He'd frown whenever a 928 came into his shop & refuse to work on it if it needed anything major. He'd say: "Those 928s are way to complicated to be reliable." Go figure. Even getting into the dashboard was a major PITA. I suppose the car was ahead of its time. So how come 914s are now going for more then 928s (generally speaking)?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Ironically I think the 928 is pretty easy to work on. Soooo much information out there and I never once said this is a PIA. The only thing I would say sucks you have to do ill the trans to pull the TT.

The 928 market has really improved on values. We will see big dollars for them in the near future. I bought a bigger newer boat so the 928 was /is the one to go
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 24 2023, 04:04 PM
Post #123

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 24 2023, 04:47 AM) *

Ben -

So glad to hear you say this - as you've really been through your car in an incredible way.

About 1 1/2 hours driving my '81 5-spd Shark yesterday enjoying every inch - that's more than enjoying every mile BTW! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maybe the most unique car I've ever driven, certainly the most unique I've ever owned.

Yesterday turned 1,000 miles that I've driven the car, and only issue was a dead seat motor (forward/backward) and switch that I rebuilt. This car is indeed well-sorted out as PO had said - needs nothing. Runs & drives like new. RickB and I both have truly thrashed it at times too.

My only concern has been what do I do if something breaks? I have a full shop, but boy is it tight in that engine bay! Your words are encouraging.

Now.....wondering where and at what cost I might find a full set of shop manuals????

Have you sold it yet?

GN

QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 23 2023, 06:26 PM) *

Happy birthday to you. On line you can get free downloads of factory 928 SHOP MANUALS all of them. Just print out what you need

Bob B
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 24 2023, 08:38 PM
Post #124

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looks like my car is pending to a world member. Excited to get it to the next person.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:58 AM