Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Group Buy: Announcing PMB DirectFit Brake Lines, ***Pricing Good Through January 15th***
DRPHIL914
post Dec 28 2021, 10:45 AM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Eric,

I am in for a set of SS lines for my '75.

Phil
@Eric_Shea
will PMB & Eric Shea be at Amelia Island for Werks Reunion this year?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 28 2021, 11:04 AM
Post #22

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Nice
+Quote Post
bobboinski
post Dec 28 2021, 11:07 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 19,929
Region Association: Northern California

I'll take one set of rubber, please.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Dec 28 2021, 11:46 AM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I will take two rubber sets
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Dec 28 2021, 12:11 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

1 set of rubber please.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 01:57 PM
Post #26

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(BillJ @ Dec 27 2021, 08:09 PM) *

Eric- i have my calipers on the way to you right now off my 914-6. They're A fronts and carrera rears. Would this discount apply? Would want steel braided as they are for race car

Holly's got ya covered Bill. Killer race car BTW.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 01:58 PM
Post #27

PMB Performance

QUOTE(Van B @ Dec 27 2021, 08:18 PM) *

Could you make some (stainless) for my 996 too?! I’ll even ask real nice! Pretty Pleeeeeezzzzz!!!!

In the works Van! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 02:00 PM
Post #28

PMB Performance

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 27 2021, 09:34 PM) *

Do the front 911M calipers take the same hose as the rear 914 calipers ?

Great offer, I’m in for a set. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi Jim,

M fronts and 914 rears are different if you have 911 struts up front. If not, then a late model line set should have what you need.

Hope all is well!
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Dec 28 2021, 02:03 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Sign me up for 3 stainless and 1 rubber!
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 02:20 PM
Post #30

PMB Performance

QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 28 2021, 07:15 AM) *

I'm in for a set of the late 914 SS lines but here's the issue.
On my brother's 914 he is using the late Boge struts off a 911 SC and the 914 front lines will not fit. I had to order a set of SC lines for it to work. If anyone has a 5 lug converted car they would also need to confirm this as well. The line kit would more then likely be 914 rears with a set of late 911 fronts to work. Maybe Eric can confirm this.. @Eric_Shea

Hey Luke,

I'll try to break (brake) this down as it can be an issue with customers who have late (73-76) cars and have done a 911 strut swap.

Early Line Sets are "generally" what's needed as they coincide with the 914-6 struts (which are 911 struts) and the early 914-4 struts up front.

The issue you would have is just one end. It's the late style attachment on the control arm end. Early cars have a control arm mounting tab that has a simple hole in it. This takes the "Spring" tang on the hardline side that holds the lines together. Given your experience with these cars I'm sure you know what I'm talking about but I'm trying to explain to those who may not know... here's that spring:

Attached Image

The later control arms have a mount that is open and use a line end that has a clip journal for the familiar body clip to slip into. Here's that clip:

Attached Image

The solution would be to source a washer with the same ID as the early control arm hole. You would then use the washer to center the line on the later control arm and use the early spring clip.

Bottom line: Early kits with the washers. I'm going to dig into the washers and let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for being a great customer over the years. If I find them I'll send them along at N/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Luke M
post Dec 28 2021, 02:43 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 3,574

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 28 2021, 01:20 PM) *

On my brother's 914 he is using the late Boge struts off a 911 SC and the 914 front lines will not fit. I had to order a set of SC lines for it to work. If anyone has a 5 lug converted car they would also need to confirm this as well. The line kit would more then likely be 914 rears with a set of late 911 fronts to work. Maybe Eric can confirm this.. @Eric_Shea

Hey Luke,

I'll try to break (brake) this down as it can be an issue with customers who have late (73-76) cars and have done a 911 strut swap.

Early Line Sets are "generally" what's needed as they coincide with the 914-6 struts (which are 911 struts) and the early 914-4 struts up front.

The issue you would have is just one end. It's the late style attachment on the control arm end. Early cars have a control arm mounting tab that has a simple hole in it. This takes the "Spring" tang on the hardline side that holds the lines together. Given your experience with these cars I'm sure you know what I'm talking about but I'm trying to explain to those who may not know... here's that spring:

Attached Image

The later control arms have a mount that is open and use a line end that has a clip journal for the familiar body clip to slip into. Here's that clip:

Attached Image

The solution would be to source a washer with the same ID as the early control arm hole. You would then use the washer to center the line on the later control arm and use the early spring clip.

Bottom line: Early kits with the washers. I'm going to dig into the washers and let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for being a great customer over the years. If I find them I'll send them along at N/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Hi Eric,

You are correct. The rears aren't the issue it's the fronts. The late 914 lines will not fit the S, SC, or Carrera struts. The lines will not fit Boge struts for sure. I'm not sure about the Bilstein struts and do not have a set to verify. I'll post a few pics later as it will be easier to understand.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 02:48 PM
Post #32

PMB Performance

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2021, 07:56 AM) *

A set of rubber ones please. Are these to be ordered or in stock? What is the cut off date for payment? Mail a check or call and order with a CC?

Hey Kevin,

These are in stock and ready to ship. Payment is whatever works best for you. We'll get you a price with shipping today and you can tackle at your convenience.

E.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 02:50 PM
Post #33

PMB Performance

QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 28 2021, 01:43 PM) *

Hey Luke,

Attached Image

Attached Image

Hi Eric,

You are correct. The rears aren't the issue it's the fronts. The late 914 lines will not fit the S, SC, or Carrera struts. The lines will not fit Boge struts for sure. I'm not sure about the Bilstein struts and do not have a set to verify. I'll post a few pics later as it will be easier to understand.

Early Line Sets are what you need. They include the same front lines from the early 914-4 and 914-6 models to the SWB 911's all the way through the 89 Carreras. If you get early sets you'll only need a couple of these washers for the control arm end in the rear...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Luke M
post Dec 28 2021, 04:08 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 3,574

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 28 2021, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 28 2021, 01:43 PM) *

Hey Luke,

Attached Image

Attached Image

Hi Eric,

Early Line Sets are what you need. They include the same front lines from the early 914-4 and 914-6 models to the SWB 911's all the way through the 89 Carreras. If you get early sets you'll only need a couple of these washers for the control arm end in the rear...

Attached Image

I do not have the early rear control arms on my factory 6. I have a set of modified late rear control arms and a set of 84 Carrera Boge struts out front. I have a mixed set of lines now to make it work but would like everything to be the same brand.

Your saying that the early 914 fronts will work with the later 911 struts correct?
I would rather not use the washer with the early retainer. Is there a way the make me a set for the late rear control arms and later 911/early914 front lines? Think that would take care of any messing around with washers. Also my front strut line mount hole is 14 mm, R-line fitting is 13.5 mm, 914 line is 16 mm if that helps. The pics posted of the Rennline line is the correct line for my strut. The other line is a late 914 line.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 28 2021, 05:03 PM
Post #35

PMB Performance

QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 28 2021, 03:08 PM) *

Your saying that the early 914 fronts will work with the later 911 struts correct?
I would rather not use the washer with the early retainer. Is there a way the make me a set for the late rear control arms and later 911/early914 front lines? Think that would take care of any messing around with washers. Also my front strut line mount hole is 14 mm, R-line fitting is 13.5 mm, 914 line is 16 mm if that helps. The pics posted of the Rennline line is the correct line for my strut. The other line is a late 914 line.

That is correct. The early line set includes the same 901 355 632 02 front line that comes in the 911, 911SC and 911 Carrera sets. The only issue is that mount on the control arm. The washer takes care of that but... I can understand if you don't want to use them. Unfortunately these are packaged in sets. Happy to send washers at N/C if you decide to go that route. That's the cleanest way in my book.
+Quote Post
Van B
post Dec 28 2021, 05:57 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 28 2021, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Dec 27 2021, 08:18 PM) *

Could you make some (stainless) for my 996 too?! I’ll even ask real nice! Pretty Pleeeeeezzzzz!!!!

In the works Van! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

That’s great to know @Eric_Shea . I’ll be ready for your first set! In the meantime how can I pay for a set of SS for my ‘74 914? I see in your original post that the $99 price is not applicable through your website.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Dec 28 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #37

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Eric,
I'll take a rubber set for my 1974
Happy Holiday to you & family.
Thanks,
Tom in MI
+Quote Post
DBF
post Dec 28 2021, 08:56 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 25,865
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I would like a set of rubber lines. New to the forum, so not sure how to order and pay for group buy items. Thanks.
+Quote Post
roundtwo
post Dec 28 2021, 09:02 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 23,905
Region Association: Central California

Looking good!
I'll take a set of the rubber lines. Thanks, Todd

PM send for payment, shipping arrangements.
+Quote Post
914e
post Dec 28 2021, 10:47 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 23,951
Region Association: Southwest Region

I can't decide on rubber or stainless so I will take a set of each for a 76'
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:14 AM