Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I guess it was bound to happen, Screwed by AA
MoveQik
post Aug 1 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #1

What size wheels can I fit?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

It finally happened. I have read numerous threads bashing these guys. I usually chime in with my two cents saying that I have ordered from them more than once and have always had good service. They treated me right so I had nothing bad to say about them. Until now.

I ordered their complete seal kit for $650 bucks. It goes something like this:

Me - Yeah, I'll take one of the seal kits for the 914
AA - Great.
Me - Is the whole kit in stock? I really need the whole kit as I have no seals around the Targa or the doors.
AA - Yep. It is all in stock. It'll ship tomorrow.
Me - Great.

The kit shows up several days later. Looks like a big box of rubber snakes. Cool! I dump it all out this morning and start sorting through it. Hmmm....no top-front seal(the one that goes up by the wing windows and across the top), no turn signal seals...what else is missing??

So I call them and ask about it.

Me - Hey, it looks like some seals are missing. I can't find the top seal. What gives?
AA - Oh yeah, those are on back order. We can't find them anywhere.
Me - WTF? When I asked the guy if the whole kit was in stock, shouldn't he have told me that the biggest seal in the kit was actually out of stock?
AA - Uhhhh....we take so many orders it is hard to tell. The vendor lost the mold so we had to order another one for $20k.
Me - Not my problem. When can I expect the seal?
AA - 1-2 weeks.
Me - You are telling me the part is on back order from Europe from a vendor that has to make a new mold?? That doesn't sound like 1 -2 weeks to me.
AA - Uhhhh yeah. Maybe 3 weeks.

You get the idea.....I basically got nowhere. I didn't even receive so much as an apology. I am an extremely reasonable guy. I understand that shit happens. However, I expect to be told the truth. This part was clearly on back order when I ordered the kit. They knew damn good and well it wasn't there and it isn't going to be here anytime soon. This kind of shit pisses me off. I'm going to guess that it won't be here in time for the RRC so I am basically stuck hoping for sunny weather.

I should have known better than to press my luck knowing they have obviously done it to so many others. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Aug 1 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

call greg or george. if they wont help.....

tear em a new one.....and then tell them your ready to take your business elsewhere
AA
+Quote Post
Allan
post Aug 1 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Bummer. I've only ordered 1 item from them about a year ago.

They screwed it up.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Aug 1 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #4

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

same old shit, different day. where's greg.treadway when you need him...?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 1 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

if you haven't installed any of the items do this. call your cc company imediately and dispute the charge. put the snakes back in the box. call aa and tell them no parts, no sale, and they need to arrange to have the box picked up. tell them that will be the only call on your nickle you are willing to make to correct their deceptiveness. DO NOT PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING!!! which they will pay for, but you must be firm. you must put the box outside or be willing to be there when the shipping co shows up. it will be a hassle, there will be a time limit to fill out the form the ccc will send you. everybody is alotted one smooth transaction. usually a small one. then you get screwed on the big one. never, never, NEVER! give up. prob driving around in the "ultimate" 914. stupidest car i've ever seen. neon lights, and all the other rice crap.

k

k
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Aug 1 2005, 04:06 PM
Post #6

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif) They have certainly been notoroius for saying they have something, taking your money and then not shipping the item because they don't have it. It has happended to me several times. Eventually, if you keep on them, you will get your item. But it can be a painful road. It actually caused me to radically re-work my entire project and not install the steel flares they make. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Aug 1 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #7

I talked to George....or Greg, I can't remember now. He claims all of the missing parts except for the front targa seal will ship out tomorrow. Unfortunately that really is the seal I need the most! I wouldn't have rushed out and ordered the whole friggin kit if I knew that part wasn't even in stock. He tells me he will call me tomorrow morning with an update as to when I can expect the seal. Time will tell.

Still no apology for the inconvenience to me. However, I did get to hear the sob story about the money THEY spent on new tooling again. That is really what I want to hear when I am calling them expecting a resolution for how they f'd me. These guys have great customer skills.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 1 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #8

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Anything AA can get GPR can get....then you can yell at someone closer and who gives a shit....
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 1 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #9

were you told that it would be shipped next day air to compensate you for the inconvienence. if it ships tomorrow you should be installing it wed afternoon. let's start a delivery pool! how long is ground transport from ga to az? ship on fri, 7 to 10 working days... i pick the 17th (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) .

k
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Aug 1 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #10

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 1 2005, 03:09 PM)
were you told that it would be shipped next day air to compensate you for the inconvienence. if it ships tomorrow you should be installing it wed afternoon. let's start a delivery pool! how long is ground transport from ga to az? ship on fri, 7 to 10 working days... i pick the 17th (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) .

k

Of what month/year?
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Aug 1 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #11

I'll hi-jack my own thread....Mr. Butz changed his avatar. Damn! Now it isn't as fun to read his posts.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 1 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #12

so other stuff was missing other than the front seal? did they tell you they will credit your visa until they fulfill their end of the transaction? lucky they have YOUR money to purchase the new die for the seal. did you order the "economy" or the "deluxe" seal package. i bet the "deluxe" has them.

k
+Quote Post
Thorshammer
post Aug 1 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,335

We told you!

Good luck, I had the same problem with a seal kit from them a couple years ago. It took far longer than 2 weeks and the excuse was the same, the mold back then was damaged??? They are weak at very best, and it's a shame, they certainly have the ability. If they would just communicate with people as to what they have and what they don't we would all use them more often.

Erik
+Quote Post
smooth_eddy
post Aug 1 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,102

Yep, happend to me a short while ago. I called and placed an order. They said it was in stock and would ship out on the next Monday. Well 10 days later, nothing. I called and they told me it was on back order. I cancelled the entire order. Next time I will just wait till Monday when Pelican is open. I am finished with AA. At least I did not get screwed by AA, I was able to cancel first. Seems like they like to make the customer think the parts are sitting right in front of them ready to ship. When they really have no clue. Eddy
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Aug 1 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #15

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

Sounds like you will never get that seal you need most.

If their first attempt at making your order right doesn't happen. Ship that shit back and get it from somewhere else.

You are right if someone has to make a new mold that will take some time, again more time for someone to inspect the first run of seals to see if they are ok or what - or you may just be a guinnea pig.

+Quote Post
914forme
post Aug 1 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #16

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Not sure what the current policy is but in the old days when I dealed with them on occasion, you got Auto-atalanta bucks. They sucked expired in a short period of time etc.....

So they have my part I shipped back and an extra $150 in there pocket. So screw me once cool, do it twice and I was just stupid. Problem is George is a pretty smart business man, he gets the parts made by various suppliers and then controls the distribution, price and shipping. Great job there, I could drive to Michigan to get a engine shelf for a past project from Restoration Design, I knew they made them. He could not sell me one even though he had them, George had him under contract for that part. And others I am sure.

Kunde Passen
El Comprador Se guarda
L'Acheteur Prennent garde
Il Compratore Si guarda da
O Comprador Beware
?????????
???? ????
????
Caveat emptor
Buyer Beware

Stephen

+Quote Post
914forme
post Aug 1 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #17

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Dang , My Japanese, Korean, and Chinese did not come out that was the coolest part made me feel all ricer. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
meares
post Aug 2 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,800

yep...i had problems with pricing just last week!!! and i'm local! the three times i've been there it has been a dogfight......honestly, i scratch my head and think "how do these guys stay in biz?"
you're right, though, they have an apathetic attitude towards their customers (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Aug 2 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #19

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

oh, c'mon guys -- all the good grace from the free burger they bought you at WCC is gone?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif)

n (<---stirring the shit)
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Aug 2 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,349

I ordered a windshield to dash rubber bead, and requested the OEM one that costs $120. They sent me the repro, which was fine, but I had to call them to reimburse me the eighty-something dollar price difference.

I like AutoAtlanta, I really do, but their order fullfilment is very bad. One time I actually got free parts I didn't order. But I would say there is about an 80% chance of one of the following going wrong with your order:

1) They don't have the part in stock, even though they told you they did.
2) They send you stuff anyways, even though you tell them, "nah forget it, I'll get that on another order"
3) Parts of it go out on time, but you end up paying way more in shipping for the parts that are sent later, when they have them.
4) Something gets lost in translation from the person who wrote down your order, and the person stuffing the box, and you end up getting the wriong thing.

With all of this, I still order from them. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif) I guess I just haven't found a better alternative, or I like punishment. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/spank.gif)

That reminds me, I need to place an order with them....
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:25 AM