Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For Skline..!!, So you wanna know how to change Coolants
Twystd1
post Aug 3 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #1

You don't want to know... really.....

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,743

Hi ya scott.
I have the answer you were looking for.

Got it from a friend who knows a friend.... ETC.

Here is how you change to Evans coolant in your V8 Chalon.

Note: I never said it was cheap. I just said it's the best.

And here ya go....

Evans NPG+ is non-aqueous, meaning it doesn't like water. It is also incompatible with ordinary coolants. To convert to NPG+, you need to get rid of all the moisture in your cooling system, as well as all traces of incompatible coolant, thus avoiding contamination. The way to do this is to flush your cooling system as if doing a normal coolant change: warm the car up with the heat on (to open the heater core valve), and drain the radiator and engine block. Also be sure to siphon off any coolant in the overflow bottle and/or air separation tank (3rd gen RX-7s). Once the system is thoroughly drained, there will still be some residual incompatible coolant and water. Here, we use an intermediate product that will absorb moisture and is compatible with Evans NPG+: Sierra coolant. Sierra is a "pet friendly" nonpoisonous coolant you can find almost anywhere. Since it is made with Propylene Glycol (like Evans) but is aqueous like Ethylene Glycol (ordinary coolant), it is the perfect thing to do the job. It will absorb any residual moisture and cleanse the system, but any residual Sierra will not contaminate the Evans product. After flushing the system as usual, fill with straight Sierra coolant (no water) and drive the car around for 15-20 minutes with the heat on, then drain and refill with Evans NPG+. Don't forget to add some to the overflow bottle, but not too much -- Evans NPG+ expands a bit more than ordinary coolant when hot. The procedure might sound complicated, but it's easier than it seems and is well worth doing. It will also be the last time you need to flush and refill your cooling system as normal preventative maintenance! In the future, if you need to drain the cooling system for any reason, just capture the NPG+ in a clean container and refill when you're done. To convert your cooling system to zero pressure, just remove the rubber seal on the inside of the radiator cap. If you want to run a low pressure system, however, you will need to find the appropriate aftermarket cap. We have found zero pressure works just fine. We recommend, however, that you use the stock, unmodified pressure cap for about a week before converting it to zero pressure. This will help get out any air pockets that might be trapped in the system.

Let me know when your rich and famous. i will help you do the install..!!!!

And try the 5/8 washer trick instead of a thermostat.

Hell we live in Cali. that why it typically works so well.

Twystd1
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/alfred.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:31 AM