Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JWest Black Friday Make Up Sale, Since you guys missed it
GBX0073
post Dec 11 2022, 10:11 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,007
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks James
Your sale pushed me to get a shifter even with other projects Needed to get the engine back in the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Dec 12 2022, 04:50 PM
Post #22

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'd like to get the 914 Fog Light Module, but I just (finally) upgraded my headlights to LED. I now have that LED headlight/Fog Light issue that is well known. The fix is well known as well: disconnect the blue/white wire at fuse #1 and ground directly to chassis. All described here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=344457

So: Can I still install the JWest fog light mod? How does that change/impact the issue or solution? In other words, can I have LED headlights, the JWest fog light mod, and have everything work the way it's supposed to?

I did some searching and couldn't find anything definitive.

Thanks for any help.
+Quote Post
JWest
post Dec 12 2022, 05:08 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 97
Region Association: None

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 12 2022, 04:50 PM) *

I'd like to get the 914 Fog Light Module, but I just (finally) upgraded my headlights to LED. I now have that LED headlight/Fog Light issue that is well known. The fix is well known as well: disconnect the blue/white wire at fuse #1 and ground directly to chassis. All described here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=344457

So: Can I still install the JWest fog light mod? How does that change/impact the issue or solution? In other words, can I have LED headlights, the JWest fog light mod, and have everything work the way it's supposed to?

I did some searching and couldn't find anything definitive.

Thanks for any help.

This is documented in the fog module instructions - once you have done the high beam feature defeat by grounding the white/blue wire, the fog module will work fine with LED headlights.

James
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Dec 12 2022, 05:16 PM
Post #24

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

James, you are the man. Thanks, I'll order that mod now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 02:59 AM