Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incredible 928 DROPS OUT OF NOWHERE!, Too sweet to let go!
Gatornapper
post Mar 15 2023, 11:58 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Jett -

I see we both have the problem of losing the black on the window trim - funny how that happens - correcting mine when it gets warm.

Also putting in good antennae.........radio is modern and has hands-free phone via Bluetooth - which is nice in an old car.......both 944 S and 914 have original Blaupunkt....

GN

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 15 2023, 08:07 PM) *

Great car and color…
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 16 2023, 07:50 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 17,686
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 15 2023, 09:58 PM) *

Jett -

I see we both have the problem of losing the black on the window trim - funny how that happens - correcting mine when it gets warm.

Also putting in good antennae.........radio is modern and has hands-free phone via Bluetooth - which is nice in an old car.......both 944 S and 914 have original Blaupunkt....

GN

Great car and color…

That’s great, please let me know how the trim turns out.

I installed a new stock NOS power antenna, and have the stock Bamberg head unit…. I restored two at once, if you need.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 16 2023, 08:32 AM
Post #23

Jett -

You have an OEM antennae?

GN

I installed a new stock NOS power antenna, and have the stock Bamberg head unit…. I restored two at once, if you need.

+Quote Post
skota23
post Mar 16 2023, 08:35 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 26,993
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Great looking collection you've got there!

I'd love to take a serious look at a 928 eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 16 2023, 08:44 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 16 2023, 06:32 AM) *

Jett -

GN

Yeah, my mechanic had one from the late 70’s… hard finding the right one… I’ll take some pics later today.

Here is a shot of the interior with stereo.

My friend is making the back cover that clips in… do you have yours?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 16 2023, 08:47 AM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 15 2023, 02:02 PM) *

Ben -

I'm sure your S4 would have been outa my range price-wise. But what color is it? I think you posted a pic before.....on another thread of mine........

Prices on sweet old P-cars are climbing, so I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it.

GN

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 15 2023, 01:00 PM) *

Gosh you should have let me know. I have a pretty darn nice s4 going for sale within the month pretty well sorted. Either way good for you

My car is black with tan interior. just put 11k in parts in it. will be selling for 20k ish I hope.
+Quote Post
Jett
post Mar 16 2023, 08:52 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 16 2023, 06:47 AM) *

Ben -

I'm sure your S4 would have been outa my range price-wise. But what color is it? I think you posted a pic before.....on another thread of mine........

Prices on sweet old P-cars are climbing, so I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it.

GN

Gosh you should have let me know. I have a pretty darn nice s4 going for sale within the month pretty well sorted. Either way good for you

My car is black with tan interior. just put 11k in parts in it. will be selling for 20k ish I hope.

I bought ours for $14K from eBay many years ago and put three times that into the interior (PO smoked everyday for 30 years in it, so had to gut it and redo in leather) and then $25K to rebuild motor, rebuild dash cluster (three times to NH), brakes, exhaust, and clean every ground on the car to make the electrical work, and finally rekeying to make the valet work after installing new ignition. We will never get money back out of this car but lots of smiles when driving.

Has original paint (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 16 2023, 05:34 PM
Post #28

914 Guru

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 16 2023, 06:52 AM) *

Ben -

GN

I bought ours for $14K from eBay many years ago and put three times that into the interior (PO smoked everyday for 30 years in it, so had to gut it and redo in leather) and then $25K to rebuild motor, rebuild dash cluster (three times to NH), brakes, exhaust, and clean every ground on the car to make the electrical work, and finally rekeying to make the valet work after installing new ignition. We will never get money back out of this car but lots of smiles when driving.

Oh I get it. Here is mine after all the work.Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 16 2023, 06:21 PM
Post #29

STUNNING INTERIOR! My fav color! Mine is black - it's ok but in good condition cept water got on right rear seat leather......no sunroof thankfully.

No rear carpet - one being made right now, just flat piece, black.

GN

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 16 2023, 08:44 AM) *

Jett -

GN

Yeah, my mechanic had one from the late 70’s… hard finding the right one… I’ll take some pics later today.

+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 16 2023, 06:26 PM
Post #30

Ben -

WOW! Mine looks nice but not like that. But then I have little in mine......all you've done to yours I'd hope you could get $30k minimum.......

Black won't work for me. My driveway is 1/2 mile asphalt millings through neighbors property. One drive in a black car & it's covered in dust - unless it's raining.

GN

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 16 2023, 05:34 PM) *

Ben -

GN

Oh I get it. Here is mine after all the work.

+Quote Post
Cornerlot
post Mar 16 2023, 11:53 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 20,070
Region Association: Southwest Region

Picked up a 1988 S4 a few weeks ago. Lifelong Texas car, 2 owners. Needs a lot of differed maintenance but it will live again. I see the 928 as complicated as most any 1980's V8 sports car, but its the overwhelming list of potential and actual items to maintain that will frustrate the casual owner.
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 17 2023, 05:24 AM
Post #32

914 Guru

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 16 2023, 04:21 PM) *

STUNNING INTERIOR! My fav color! Mine is black - it's ok but in good condition cept water got on right rear seat leather......no sunroof thankfully.

GN

Jett -

GN

Don’t forget the premium parts sources of 928srus.com and 928 international. I bought a very very nice rear carpet piece a few weeks back for $150 from Mark at 928 international.

Thanks on the compliments on my car. It is geared towards a very very nice driver and 95% of the must do maintenance done. If you know of anyone looking send them my way. I need some boat funds so this needs to go.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 17 2023, 06:22 AM
Post #33

Beautiful car, Corner.

"its the overwhelming list of potential and actual items to maintain that will frustrate the casual owner."

Know of where such a list exists? I know of some, but would love to see a list......

Thanks!

GN

QUOTE(Cornerlot @ Mar 16 2023, 11:53 PM) *

Picked up a 1988 S4 a few weeks ago. Lifelong Texas car, 2 owners. Needs a lot of differed maintenance but it will live again. I see the 928 as complicated as most any 1980's V8 sports car, but its the overwhelming list of potential and actual items to maintain that will frustrate the casual owner.

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 17 2023, 06:48 AM
Post #34

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

@mb911
@Gatornapper

Ben, i have listed the Maserati and am trying hard for a fast sale to get funds asap! Taking it to C& C saturday hope a sign in the window might get some attention we get 400 cars and 1,000 people and lots of people with $$ wish me luck, pray for a quick cash sale!!.

That engine compartment is awesome looks like new , your attention to detail on this was as good as anything you ever do always top notch.

I am excited to possibly get back into a second P-car!
Gator, thanks for the info will be in touch as well.

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 16 2023, 07:34 PM) *

Ben -

GN

Oh I get it. Here is mine after all the work.Attached Image

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 17 2023, 06:50 AM
Post #35

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 16 2023, 10:44 AM) *

Jett -

GN

Wow, that interior is awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 17 2023, 07:43 AM
Post #36

MOST COMMON 928 ISSUES & FIXES:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-928...sues-fixes.html
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Mar 17 2023, 08:01 AM
Post #37

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 17 2023, 09:43 AM) *

thats great! all that info compiled in one place! some very common issues with these and other P-cars, like the electrical and wiring , etc. not too much that cant be managed with a little help.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Mar 17 2023, 01:37 PM
Post #38

914 Guru

Don’t forget rennlist. Greg brown doesn’t post much but a super knowledgeable shop. Sean ratts in Texas is amazing and Kevin In Atlanta is awesome as well.
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Mar 17 2023, 03:51 PM
Post #39

Ben -

I checked 928 international and no one had carpet - one I had made is good job with snaps and velcro up front. Did not know about 928srus.....thanks for the lead.

A well-known member here is already on your tail re: your car. Would be great if you two link up. He knows how to reach you......

GN

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 17 2023, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 16 2023, 04:21 PM) *

GN

Jett -

GN

Don’t forget the premium parts sources of 928srus.com and 928 international. I bought a very very nice rear carpet piece a few weeks back for $150 from Mark at 928 international.

Thanks on the compliments on my car. It is geared towards a very very nice driver and 95% of the must do maintenance done. If you know of anyone looking send them my way. I need some boat funds so this needs to go.

+Quote Post
Cornerlot
post Mar 17 2023, 09:47 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 20,070
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 17 2023, 06:24 AM) *

My rear carpet was missing, and no used ones for a Grey/Green interior to be found. LLoyd Mats makes rear carpets that pretty much match the OEM profile, and they have 25 colors available. Picked up a Lt Grey one from them. Not a 100% color match but better than nothing.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:03 PM