Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How about a 914 breakfast on 9/16? La/OC/Riverside So Cal CA area
drem914
post Aug 26 2023, 10:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,062
Region Association: Southern California

Idea taken from another post.

Please check for major conflicts if you are interested, then indicate your interest in this thread.

Meet and greet, American food. Plan on ~9-11am. I am not planning a drive afterwards at this point, unless someone else wants organize it. 914 driving roads nearby...No 914 needed, just a love for these cars.

It needs to be clear upfront, this may not be convenient for everyone. Maybe it won't be your choice of restaurant, maybe it will conflict with your day to do yardwork or honey-doos. But maybe hanging with your 914 buds for awhile will be the perfect escape from those drudgeries. Once the specifics are set, they won't be changed. Its one of those things that if enough people are interested and available it will be organized, then just show up. No rain is forecast anytime soon...

Restaurants need to know a headcount to accommodate groups, so if you indicate you will attend please be sincere and responsible about it and show up unless something significantly unavoidable last-minute keeps you from attending.

Went by on Tuesday night and they said they looked forward to seeing us on Saturday.

This thread is just to understand the level of interest. Any formal announcement and arrangements will be made in a separate post later, where you will be asked to confirm your interest and commit to the breakfast once the details are released.

Looking forward to seeing anyone that can attend.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

7:00-8:30 AM Cars and Coffee For those interested.

Enderle Center
14081 Yorba Street
Tustin, CA, 92780

A map from Enderle Center to Cook's Corner is included:

Attached File  Enderle_Center_to_Cook_s_Corner___Google_Maps.pdf ( 1.87mb ) Number of downloads: 44

9:00 AM for breakfast
Cook's Corner
19152 Santiago Canyon Rd
Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679

A short fun drive on Live Oak Canyon Drive
Attached File  Cook_s_Corner_to_Latte_Da_Bagelry_and_Grill___Google_Maps.pdf ( 1.28mb ) Number of downloads: 43

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Aug 26 2023, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,596

Sounds good to me.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 26 2023, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

I’m In Franz!
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Aug 26 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,199

You’re scaring me Franz!! Sounds like your attorney wrote this up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Pam and I should be in and a return to the lake could be included……let me check with my attorney (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) …..Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
drem914
post Aug 26 2023, 11:43 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 26 2023, 09:47 PM) *

You’re scaring me Franz!! Sounds like your attorney wrote this up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Pam and I should be in and a return to the lake could be included……let me check with my attorney (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) …..Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Simply being lazy. I took it word for word from a posting up north. With permission.

Now to figure out a destination or start point. I haven't figured it that far forward. Any suggestions?
+Quote Post
gonzo54
post Aug 27 2023, 06:53 AM
Post #6

Orange Crush

Member No.: 23,112

Sounds like fun-I'm in
Thanks Franz
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Steve
post Aug 28 2023, 07:43 AM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I'm in!
Thanks Franz!
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Aug 28 2023, 09:04 AM
Post #8

914 A Roo

Member No.: 22,865

I've penciled in the date and will await the deets!!! Would be good to see everyone.
+Quote Post
drem914
post Sep 2 2023, 10:05 AM
Post #9

Several choices to pick from, but in light of what happened recently in Orange County, I would like to suggest support of one of the local institutions that has been rocked by tragedy, Cook's Corner. That had a soft reopening yesterday and are trying to get back to normal operations. If this is a location that causes too much anxiety for too many, we'll pick another.

It is a short 20 min drive from those that gather at Enderle Center on Saturday mornings.
there are several drives away from there doing Santiago and places north, out to PCH or out Live Oak and over to Ortega for those coming from further away.

Respecting everyone's feedback and will finalize today.

Thanks
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Sep 5 2023, 09:00 PM
Post #10

914 A Roo

Franz,

I am good with your selection. I unfortunately the shooter many years ago in VTA in my past career. But would support them as they re-establish.

Might drive the Cayman, but you never know. It is a schlep from Ventura but you always seem to come down here no problem.

Rob

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 2 2023, 09:05 AM) *

Several choices to pick from, but in light of what happened recently in Orange County, I would like to suggest support of one of the local institutions that has been rocked by tragedy, Cook's Corner. That had a soft reopening yesterday and are trying to get back to normal operations. If this is a location that causes too much anxiety for too many, we'll pick another.

It is a short 20 min drive from those that gather at Enderle Center on Saturday mornings.
there are several drives away from there doing Santiago and places north, out to PCH or out Live Oak and over to Ortega for those coming from further away.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Steve
post Sep 5 2023, 10:19 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

Works for me!!
+Quote Post
Steve
post Sep 11 2023, 07:39 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Thanks

We usually meet at Enderle around 7am. See you there!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
@drem914
+Quote Post
gonzo54
post Sep 11 2023, 08:11 PM
Post #13

Orange Crush

Member No.: 23,112

Thanks

That is a good recommendation-Looking forward to seeing everyone and the drive.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Sep 11 2023, 10:16 PM
Post #14

914 A Roo

Somebody post what is "at Enderle" for those of us that have no idea what / where that is. Depending on where that is, I am hoping you are not suggesting I get up at 0530 am on a Saturday.... maybe 0800 better for those of us not in the OC... or, I can miss this one if I am being a little Beyoch, I don't want to ruin it for everyone. I have plenty of work to do on a 914... @drem914
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Sep 12 2023, 06:57 AM
Post #15

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669

My move is almost complete, finally getting my cars home.

YES....I will be there @7am with the wife.

Will feel good to get back in the saddle.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Oscar
+Quote Post
LS1V8Jerry
post Sep 12 2023, 10:13 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 21,290

Thanks Franz, unfortunately, I’m the on-call technician at LAX this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I will be looking forward for the next one.

Drive safe my friends!
+Quote Post
drem914
post Sep 12 2023, 11:35 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Sep 11 2023, 09:16 PM) *

Somebody post what is "at Enderle" for those of us that have no idea what / where that is. Depending on where that is, I am hoping you are not suggesting I get up at 0530 am on a Saturday.... maybe 0800 better for those of us not in the OC... or, I can miss this one if I am being a little Beyoch, I don't want to ruin it for everyone. I have plenty of work to do on a 914... @drem914

@Robarabian There is a a standing Cars and Coffee, that is predominantly Porsche based, every Saturday at Enderle Center starting at 6:30 that runs until 9 on 17th St and the 55 Frwy in Tustin. For those that are close and usually go anyway it was an early meeting suggestion for any that were interested. 9 AM is still the target time at Cooks Corner. They open at 8 AM. I am going this evening to see to see if I can reserve a large table or two are for us.
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Sep 12 2023, 05:50 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 20,199

Meet you all in Tustin. No party boat available the lake is having a jazz festival so over booked. Count me in for the drive and cookies corner breakfast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Paul
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Sep 12 2023, 08:39 PM
Post #19

914 A Roo

Gotcha. Thank you Franz.

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 12 2023, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Sep 11 2023, 09:16 PM) *

@Robarabian There is a a standing Cars and Coffee, that is predominantly Porsche based, every Saturday at Enderle Center starting at 6:30 that runs until 9 on 17th St and the 55 Frwy in Tustin. For those that are close and usually go anyway it was an early meeting suggestion for any that were interested. 9 AM is still the target time at Cooks Corner. They open at 8 AM. I am going this evening to see to see if I can reserve a large table or two are for us.

+Quote Post
drem914
post Sep 13 2023, 01:23 PM
Post #20

Addresses and times updated in post #1

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:46 PM