Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey, it's my old car, on eBay
Aaron Cox
post Aug 25 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

yellow top neeeds yellow sails (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Demick
post Aug 25 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #22

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

So I e-mailed the seller (this was before I knew he was probably not the owner of the car, just someone selling it on commission I assume). Here is what I wrote:

------------------------------------
This is a very nice car and is advertised as such. Nice that you took so many pictures of it to show how nice it is. Somebody is probably going to bid top dollar for this car. That person is also going to be very pissed when they find that you blatantly hid the dent on the right side by carefully photographing the car using leaves and bushes to hide it (and then mentioning the dent only in the fine print at the bottom of the listing). Lets hope that they find that out before they have paid you money or paid for a plane ticket to fly out and get the car. This isn't some $1500 POS that the buyer is expecting there to be a bunch of problems with. The buyer is expecting a very nice car. Do yourself (and your buyer) a favor and specifically point out the dent and include pictures of it. Your dishonesty WILL cause YOU problems in the transaction, as well as the buyer who may lose money when he backs out of the deal. Just some friendly advise - no need to respond.
-------------------------------------

He did respond with:

--------------------------------
Lets see... $19K in TOTAL receipts and read the bottom where it discloses the dent and the fender flair cracking. Sounds like your just pissed you missed out on a HOT 914. Sorry good luck NEXT time!!!
------------------------------------

Obviously doesn't care. People like this really piss me off. Makes me want to way overbid the car and win the auction - then back out saying the car was misrepresented. What could happen? One bad feedback? Who cares. At least it would make work for him and save the real high bidder from a big disappointment.

+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Aug 25 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
736conver
post Aug 25 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 736
Region Association: None

Funny I emailed him also, this stuff just really makes me mad.

Here's his response...............

19K in TOTAL receipts and read the freaking disclosure at the bottom that states the small dent and the cracking in the flairs. WOW don't be such a soar looser. This 914 is easily worth $8500 any day... What is your problem? Sounds like jelousy!!!

He's not interested in honesty. His whole reply to me is money based, thats why the dent is hidden.

+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Aug 25 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #25

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

It takes a real dick to actually spend that much time figuring out ways to photograph the car in a way that hides the dent. Then he tries to cry "no foul" because he put it in the fine print. What a complete ass. I hope the high bidder backs out on him. It would be a real shame if the winning bidder was emailed the truth about the dent.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
736conver
post Aug 26 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 736

You cant email any bidders as its a private auction. I already thought about that. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Aug 26 2005, 01:12 AM
Post #27

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

i wonder if you emailed ebay the pic and said the seller was hiding it and misrepresenting it, along with the replies you got if they would warn buyers or pull the ad
+Quote Post
Demick
post Aug 26 2005, 08:57 AM
Post #28

Ernie made me do it!

Member No.: 257

I'm sure the buyer will back out (or ask for a few thousand off the bid price). I just hope that the buyer is somewhat local and hasn't flown out to get the car or paid to have it transported before they find out about it. Buyer is expecting a pristine car. They aren't just going to gloss over the big dent when they see it. And they will really be pissed when they discover how that dent was intentionally hidden from them.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Aug 26 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #29

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

The stupid part of this whole thing is that car is a super clean car...even with the dent. I think anyone looking for a clean car wouldn't be worried about the dent at all. Considering all the potential problems of a 30 year old car, a dent from a jack seems pretty minor.
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Aug 29 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #30

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

emailed the seller asking to see better pics of the car. his response: "$7500 buys the car." (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif) nice answerto a question asking for pictures.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 29 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #31

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

killer reserve. nice new benchmark for a clean, stock car.

k
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:40 PM