Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The neo914-6 Concept, the details...
Mike Bellis
post May 27 2016, 09:43 AM
Post #281

Resident Electrician

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(csdilligaf @ May 24 2016, 01:11 PM) *

I sure would like to see how things have gone on this build since the Sema Show. I made the choice to start a build with the 2.7TT and Cayman S 6 speed and now looking for insight as to what all it took to finish it off. I want to go this route in particular because the engine and trans bolt together without an adapter, Keep it German and the power should be ideal. I am in the process of reading the entire thread but just the first browsing over it I did not see what was used for the Flywheel/Clutch package. Would it be part Porsche/part Audi?

I know that my 1.8T clutch and flywheel fit my 6 speed and 5 speed. I would assume the 2.7 is similar. A 2.7 would be fun but I've found that my 1.8 has more power then my tires can hold. I think if I went 2.7 I would need twin turbos. Or upgrade to a 4.2 with twin turbos... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post May 27 2016, 10:35 AM
Post #282

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

The 2.7's are making great power and boost response on single turbo's. Your also able to keep the boost levels much lower with a single and still make great power.

That being said its a solid 150lbs heavier than the 4 cylinder 1.8.

I am sure Felix used the stock clutch/flywheel as nothing special is required. The Porsche trani will work just fine.

I am running the S4 clutch/PP combo with a supposedly HD package but we will see. You have to run a custom flywheel to make it work on the 1.8t the RA4 flywheel made by ECS tuning.
+Quote Post
csdilligaf
post May 28 2016, 12:44 PM
Post #283

Member No.: 14,397

So the clutch disk has the same spline as a Boxster S G87.2XX main shaft? The other thing I was wondering is if the shaft is the right length and diameter to mate nicely with the pilot bearing in the flywheel.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 28 2016, 01:16 PM
Post #284

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

QUOTE(csdilligaf @ May 28 2016, 11:44 AM) *

So the clutch disk has the same spline as a Boxster S G87.2XX main shaft? The other thing I was wondering is if the shaft is the right length and diameter to mate nicely with the pilot bearing in the flywheel.

Yes they work perfect. The Boxster has a larger diameter clutch but the shaft is identical. Audi manufactured the first generation Boxster 5 speed. I think the 6 speed was originally borrowed from Audi as well/ My Boxster S 6 speed is made by Getrag.

I'm running a LUK clutch with a lightened flywheel for a 1.8T. At 325hp it grips just fine. No issues. I previously ran a SPEC stage 4 clutch which also worked fine but it way pricey compared to the LUK.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:21 AM