Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thinking of parting out my 2.6L Type 4 engine, ...I'll never get around to a rebuild...
gfulcher
post Nov 1 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #1

Diagnosis: Automobilitus. Prognosis: Terminal

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,501
Region Association: Northern California

Hey all.

In the fall of 2004, I suffered from a fractured crankshaft in my hotrod 2.6L Type4 engine while burning over the Birkshires in western MA.. Anyhow, the engine escaped unscathed from the incident, leaving the only damage to one bearing and the crankshaft itself.

I had a new stock 2.0 on the shelf that I installed to get the car back on the road and frankly, have been very happy with it's reliability, cool operation and fuel economy. I spent cash on the suspension, brakes and wheels/tires instead of rebuilding the 2.6.

Anyhow, I'll probably never get around to rebuilding this motor. I just found it too unreliable for fair-weather daily driving. I like to take the car on long roadtrips, too (400 - 600 miles each way). When I do a rebuild, I'd rather put the cash into something a little more usable every day, like a 2.2 or so...

What I have left is a case that has been bored and clearanced for the stroker crank, a set of Rabbit connecting rods, TRW JE Forged 103mm pistons (with brand new rings!!!!), camshaft, lifters (all nicely work-hardened), heads with new big valves, seats..

Before I put these bits on the open market, any idea what the individual parts might be worth?

To see the stuff.. and the failed crank, go here: GALLERY.

Eagerly await your comments! Thanks,

-greg-

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 06:06 PM