Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DWDesign Aluminum oil tanks, They're in stock and ready to ship
BigD9146gt
post Feb 4 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #21

OCD member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,502
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hey guys,

I just received the sheet metal from the lazer cutters earlier this week, and currently working on the CNC machines for all the odds-n-ends. I have enough materials to make a handfull of tanks and I will start on them this week... but after I finish the oil filler necks.

Guys, I just want to say thanks for being patient with me. I love making these parts to keep your projects on the road, but its a pure after-hours affair. I've got a bunch of big projects coming in this week, so I will do my best to set aside time for my parts. If you don't already know, I'm a machinest/fabricator for a world famous machine shop. We're not known like Jesse James is, but the hundreds of movies (all the Star Wars, True Lies, Judge Dread, etc.) that has used Motion Control Movie equipment that was designed and made in my shop. That, along with countless race car parts(From Hotrods to Mustangs to Porsches), agricultural tools, pre-Rock Shox downhill bicycles that owned everyone, 3dm downhill skate boarding trucks, etc, you've seen or unknowingly seen something we've made or designed. This week I'll be making some CNC foam cutting machines which cut blocks of foam into shapes that then get coated with a stucco material for cheap cosmetic insulation of homes and businesses.

Cheers guys, have a happy and safe Super Bowl Sunday (I'll be at work making filler necks and oil tanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Feb 10 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Good stuff, Don. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Put me on the list for two filler necks from the first batch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Also, you might want to update your first post in this thread.
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Jul 28 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

UPDATE- I received the answer from Don Welch it takes a OC61. I just received my DW Design oil tank and it is a thing of beauty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But what oil filter does it take? I will want to use a Mahle filter but don't know what number to use? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Sep 13 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #24

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jul 28 2007, 04:02 PM) *

UPDATE- I received the answer from Don Welch it takes a OC61. I just received my DW Design oil tank and it is a thing of beauty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But what oil filter does it take? I will want to use a Mahle filter but don't know what number to use? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Seems like you answered your own question (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I have this set up and it uses a Mahle OC61 filter. I just put a fresh one in two days ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:55 AM