Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sorta OT: Race Trailer weight loss, how to best remove linoleum floor?
nine14cats
post Jan 23 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I've been working on a refresh of our race trailer. It is a Timberwolf 19' enclosed dual axle. I've been pulling out old cabinets and repainting inside. So far I have removed 300lbs of cabinets that will not go back in. I am now turning my attention the floor.

It has old original linoleum over the plywood base floor. I have started pulling up and chipping away with my assortment of scrapers.

My question is: What is the best way to take up the old lino? I'm using a large 3 foot long handled metal scraper along with my assorted scrapers and putty knives. Truthfully, the putty knives work the best. That means several more nights of manual labor to get up the lino and then sanding it. I plan on epoxy painting the floor since it is lighter in weight than going back in with vinyl.

I don't want to gouge the floor and I am currently not using any chemicals to loosen the lino.

Any suggestions? Or is it just suck it up and keep chipping away?

Here's a pic...... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)

Thanks!

Bill P.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:07 AM