Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2003 ECR - Manchester VT, BTDT, had a great time
ArtechnikA
post Sep 7 2003, 09:48 PM
Post #1

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

Joy and i got to participate in our first Porsche-oriented activity IN A RUNNING PORSCHE.
the 911 still has a few injection-related wierdnesses but ran reliably there, during and back; this is the first time i've run it for more than an hour at a time...

John Dunkle was there with his 'slightly modified' 914.6, and Dave McLaughlin, the other half of ArtechnikA, brought his 914.6 conversion. several-many other known (or rumoured) 914 owners brought 'taildragger' power (911) including Ed Morrow, and there were plenty of 914/4's and a couple of "Not A Porsche" participants ...

co-chair Ralf Hartmann has posted an event report on Rennlist, and there are pictures (including some of moi and the 911) at the ECR Photo Repository.

wonderful cruise through the Poconos and New York State getting there, wonderful destination location, great facilities and weather, fun (if a little too fast and unstructured) drive through some of Vermont's twisty bits, an outstanding awards Banquet (in which Damp Dave beat out Joy and me in the Trivia Quiz by a mere two points - but OTOH i guess he already has all the Pelican Parts Tees he needs...) and fantastic comeraderie. leaves on the sumacs and maples were just starting to turn - beautiful !

i'm told that at just over 300 mi Joy and i probably took long-distance honors (discounting DD's airline-assisted and rental-Chevrolet completed mileage) which surprised us a little. this event deserves better attendence and - if we return to the same venue next year (as currently under discussion...) with the slate of activities i heard proposed - it'll be quite the event. look for the event notices, and put it on your calendar -- i'll do what i can to promote the event in this forum ...

see you there !
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:51 PM