Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to the scene, need some help
timberwolf177
post Apr 5 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,829

Hi there... just picked up my first 914. a 73. I have been reading a lot of the post tonight, just trying to see whats out there. I have built 11 bugs, 1 ghia and a fastback. Thought it was time to move on to the 914.
I want to put on 16x6 rims with 205/55/16 tires. What is my best options? Is it easier to have a rim drilled to the 4 lug, or to have rotors drilled for another lug pattern? I have seen some pics for the members and have seen some cool rims. Just need a little guidance. Thanks..
Also need to fix my shifter. Cant find half the gears because its sooooooo slooooopy. Was told that bushing should take care of this? Is there any aftermarket kits to shorten the throw as well. Pops out of fourth on occation, could be the sloppy shifter?????

Any info would be great.

Thanks everyone,
Brad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:08 PM