Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SO914 update, Great drive today, a few pics
Doug Leggins
post May 2 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

I been getting out for short drives whenever I can. Today after work I was able to get in about 30 miles! A total of 150 miles on the car now.

The drive started out pretty good. The car was running fairly well but I had just a little carb popping/spitting at constant RPM around 3000. It wasn't consitantly occuring but was especially present when going up hill at constant RPM. Over the past 4 or 5 drives I have been able to little by little improve the running of the car. Today I decided to do a little seat of the pants timing adjustment and ......WOW!!! The engine really came around and now performs WAAAYYYY better!

No more popping/spitting and much more smooth and more power!!!

I have a few temporary fixes in place but overall the car is performing very well. Take off is smooth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Cruising at speed is a pleasure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And braking is just as it should be. After the great drive today it has kinda got me feeling like a proud papa -LOL

There's a few pieces still missing but here are a few pics.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Doug Leggins   SO914 update   May 2 2006, 08:21 PM
Doug Leggins   The rocker panels are at the painter. A little wel...   May 2 2006, 08:23 PM
Flat VW   Wow, looks great Doug! John P.S. Has William...   May 2 2006, 08:25 PM
Ferg   :clap: Looking Good!! Ferg   May 2 2006, 08:25 PM
Doug Leggins   I still need to clean and prep a top and interior ...   May 2 2006, 08:26 PM
Thomas J Bliznik   Hi Doug I was just thinking about your 914. Look...   May 2 2006, 08:28 PM
Headrage   Jeez Doug, If my car looked as good as yours I wo...   May 2 2006, 08:31 PM
Doug Leggins   The wires hanging down in the engine bar area are ...   May 2 2006, 08:31 PM
Doug Leggins   I have been having a terrific time gathering parts...   May 2 2006, 08:41 PM
Joe Owensby   Looks GREAT. What engine did you use? Joe   May 2 2006, 08:48 PM
Doug Leggins   W :drooley: W!<...   May 2 2006, 09:52 PM
Headrage  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:20 PM