Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New project here (Not mine), Taking donations of time from others
skline
post May 8 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #21

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I got a new project here yesterday from a long standing member who needs help, (What else is new?) We sent him off to fight in Iraq and his car has been sitting in storage since he went over there. I got it to my house yesterday and I would like to put this car back together and get it running for him so when he is released from the Army, he will have a teener to drive and enjoy with the rest of us.

I am going to weld in some new metal where his hell hole used to be, its really not bad at all. I have a couple of engines here to work with and a good trans for it too. I think I have all the parts to put this car together for him. If any of you other mongers from So Cal would like to come by and help out anytime, it would be greatly appreciated by myself and I am sure he would too.

It is DrifterJays car, many of you remember him from BBQ's and runs a few years back. He is a great kid and could really use the elp with this car. He promised he would learn to drive it as it should be driven and not blow it up this time.

I figure I will get the body in ready condition and the engine and trans ready to go in along with the interior and so on and then have a big BBQ and everyone could come over and throw it all together over a weekend. What do you think? Can we do it?

I think it is a nice gesture and would show our support for his efforts overseas. What good is a club if we cant help each other out once in awhile? I will be working on it over the next few weeks getting things sorted out and find out what else he needs to bring down from his storage. I think we got most everything needed but of course, there are always some little things overlooked.

Is there any interest? Post up here if you are willing to lend a hand and some of your time and let's make this happen.

Here is his car, under a cover waiting for me to get started.

Also a picture of Jared when we brought the car down.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
skline   New project here (Not mine)   May 8 2006, 08:59 AM
SLITS   Joe Sharp needs to stage a BBQ with tools...at you...   May 8 2006, 09:03 AM
skline   I will get the welding done this week between jobs...   May 8 2006, 09:07 AM
rick 918-S   :clap: For you Scott!   May 8 2006, 09:07 AM
boboli914@att.net  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:23 AM