Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 6 cyl points replacement, prolly need a Crane - which ?
ArtechnikA
post Oct 10 2003, 05:57 AM
Post #1

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

okay - the 914.6 conversion engine donor car (911) left me stranded last night - no spark. quick check shows the rubbing block is broken. car came with a spare set of points (thanks Rusty!) to get me going but the handwriting is on the wall... i have a MSD-6 and i'm not changing it - JUST need a points replacement to trigger it (and some other rpm-sensing stuff 911E's have...).

looks like the Allison/Crane "XR735" is a complete ignition system (Bosch CDI replacement) as well as an opto-shutter points replacement trigger - for ~ $125 and that what i actually need is the "Crane Optical Pickup Trigger" and "Crane Installation Kit" for ~ $75... is the Crane the one that'll release its life-giving smoke if i leave the ignition on 30 sec ? 'cause if so, that's not gonna be acceptable ...

i'm open to alternatives... anybody got any BDTD installation issues ? yes, i'll pull the dizzy for the install and yes, there's already a shaft O-ring on the shopping list ...

(and since the 911 was OTS i had to drive the company 3,0 V6 Audi A4 Quattro home last night, darnit :-) )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ArtechnikA   6 cyl points replacement   Oct 10 2003, 05:57 AM
Justin Fischer   Here is the optical trigger kit which works with t...   Oct 10 2003, 07:56 AM
ArtechnikA     Oct 10 2003, 11:31 AM
Justin Fischer   When I called Crane a few months ago they also sug...   Oct 10 2003, 11:41 AM
!   I used one on the stock 914/6 I had....it was a no...   Oct 10 2003, 12:07 PM
J P Stein   That does it. :angry: I'm gonna fry my Pertro...   Oct 10 2003, 12:57 PM
Justin Fischer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:23 PM